Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Moss worthy of MVP mention?

LiveStrongSkins

Before people misread this post, let me explain myself. I am not saying should he win the MVP. My question is does he deserve MVP mention? I think he does but the fact that Portis is on pace for 1500 kinda over shadows it. Moss has carried our passing game with no help from other receivers and his big plays have single handedly won us games this year. He has 1,400 yards despite being doubled and even trippled at times. The main reason I ask this is because there is so much mention of Steve Smith for MVP. In my opinion, Moss in some ways would be just as deserving. In like 14-15 less catches he only trails Smith by 34 yards. This proves his big play ability. Oh well... hes an MVP in my book. Thank you Jets!!! :cheers:

Man, Santana has had a great season, and I'm so glad we jettisoned that other guy, um, whats-his-name, and got Santana. I dont quite think he's up there for MVP though. It has to go to Alexander, the man just tied the all-time single season TD record.

Im kinda glad though. This squad is all about T-E-A-M not M-V-P. I was really happy to see some of the comments by players that didnt make the Pro Bowl, basically saying "i dont care at all."

Individual accolades are nice, playoff wins are nicer.

Are we talking team or league MVP? Team MVP he CERTAINLY deserves mention. For league MVP that might be a bit of a strech because of the strech of lukewarm games he had until very recently. League MVPs are guys who are putting up stellar numbers pretty much every game in a season.

Or is that an argument on why he SHOULD be MVP. Even with that strech of games he is just short of being the leading reciever. Also how many of those games where because of teams keying on him and Brunell being in sort of a slump (in other words the slump was not because of his play). I also think his play is what has given Cooley such good numbers. With Moss, Cooley, and CP opposing defenses are damned if they do and damned if the don't. They can not stop all three of these guys.

Why would anyone be considered if they shouldn't be considered actually winning it.

MVP should come down to either Tiki or Shaun Alexander

Poeople get mention all the time for what they have meant to their team. He doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell of winning it and I know that. I'm not even really talking about coming in on someone's ballot, just an analysts here or there to throw his name out there and what he has meant to the Skins.

I think we need to look at the overall improvement of the skins offense. Moss, Portis, Cooley, Brunell, the O-line, Sellers, Betts, Cartright... all improved. The only let down i'd say is no 2nd WR. Thrash, Jacobs and Patten all make excellent 3rd-4th WR's.

And the D is good and could be fearsome with a few more sacks and turnovers.

But Moss for MVP... a bit stretched id say. Got the probowl though. Well deserved.

No he isnt, If you want to give it to santana moss you have to give it to steve smith first...if steve smith wasnt on that panthers team they wouldnt even be in the playoffs let alone contention in the NFC. But yea he does deserve a mention.

Example: Would the cowboys seriously have won if steve smith wasnt ejected in the 2nd quarter?I don't think so.

We have to continue winning for any chance of Moss becoming a variable as the league MVP. Tiki and Shaun have the exposure mostly because of their outstanding play but also because their teams are also doing well. Moss has had an outstanding year and exceeded everyone's expectations, but our team has not gotten the exposure (e.g. the Pro Bowl). Yes, people may be starting to notice the Skins, but until we make the playoffs and start winning a few of those games, Moss' contibution will not be enough for even a consideration of the league MVP.

Archived