Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington, the Giants fan, and us being the best in the division/league

#98QBKiller

Obviously, I'm a huge Lavar fan and all of this nonsense about the Redskins losing him after the season annoys me. It seems that many of the fans have given up on Lavar returning to the team next year. Number fifty-six is admittedly happy on this Redskins team and remains a major defensive threat.

His injuries (as with any injuries) over the last few seasons have been beyond his control, and furthermore, he isn't as concerned with $$$ as many of you think. With a playoff berth this year it will give Arrington something to look forward to and he will likely choose to remain on this team. Also, Gibbs and Williams have both praised him on his performance late in the season. :2cents:

To the Giants fan: thanks for the congrats and about the NFC East poll...

I agree with you that a yahoo.com poll isn't the place to determine who's the best at anything, but right now the Redskins are playing better football than the other 3 teams in the NFC East. Yes we were crushed by the Giants earlier in the season but we defeated them when it mattered most.

About the Raiders loss, it was embarrassing....but not as embarrassing as the Giants loss to the Viking's special teams units. Also, I'd like to remind you that we defeated Dallas twice this season...something the Giants could not pull off. :2cents:

Also, I've read several posts referring to the Redskins as the best team in the league. I LOVE the Skins but we're not yet the best team in the league. We're playing excellent football at the right time, but still have a ways to go to be the best. Teams like the Colts, the Broncos, and the Seahawks are hard to count out. :D

Anyway, we have one more game to grind through and bam! We're playoff bound. If we play like we did against Dallas and NY we can stuff the Eagles. We have to be careful though, the Eagles aren't going to give the game to us. Andy Reid and his crew would love nothing more than to ruin the Redskins momentum and choke-off our playoff hopes. Damn, I hope Brunell returns...

Hail to the Redskins! :notworthy

At this point in the season, the Skins cannot and will not go down to the Eagles. As Lavar and Gibbs have stated, they CANNOT lose another game. And I believe they won't! This is a MIRACLE season for us considering it's only Gibbs second year back at the helm. Now I'm going to throw another log on the fire, crack open another ice cold Bud, and watch the Bears make cheese sause of the Packers.

great post man, and i do agree with some of the stuff you said,and i to believe that there is no way the skins will lay down and lose to the eagles. WE have played to well, to let this season go down the drain, and we will do what needs to be done to get a wild card spot, and our first playoff berth in 6 years. Depending on if the giants lose, we could be nfc east champs as well.

GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!

i hope lavar means he will do anything when he says he's a skin' for life because we are gonna need him to restructure his contract big time in the offseason i think in order to fill some of our needs and sign our draft picks but i agree with you i love this guy and its obvious he loves us

Were the best team in the NFC East straight up... If our coaching staff didnt let these guys get laid back at games such and the first new york giants game, the oakland raiders game, and sean taylor wasnt hurt during the Tampa Bay game(no way we woulda allowed 36 points with him) we might be 10-6 or 11-5 right now.

I have been a Redskins fan for too many years to count. And we have had a lot of good and great line backers, but I think LaVar is one of the best we have ever had and I hope that management and LaVar can find some common ground and settle their differences. The Redskins are a Super Bowl team waiting to happen and if they can keep their players and coaches together, they will get it done. "Hail to the Redskins!"

I have been a Redskins fan for too many years to count. And we have had a lot of good and great line backers, but I think LaVar is one of the best we have ever had and I hope that management and LaVar can find some common ground and settle their differences. The Redskins are a Super Bowl team waiting to happen and if they can keep their players and coaches together, they will get it done. "Hail to the Redskins!"

I agree, Lavar can be one of the all-time Skin greats. I want him with the Skins and retire with them. I believe he could give them 7 or 8 more solid years as a key contributor. Hopefully things will work out in the off-season and management can LA can work out their differences.

Were the best team in the NFC East straight up... If our coaching staff didnt let these guys get laid back at games such and the first new york giants game, the oakland raiders game, and sean taylor wasnt hurt during the Tampa Bay game(no way we woulda allowed 36 points with him) we might be 10-6 or 11-5 right now.

Actually, we would be either 10-5 or 11-4 right now, but I'm with ya. :cheers:

I posted this in another thread but think it is worth reiterating:

I was at the Giants game Sunday, on the home team side. I watched Lavar come off the field and knock over the Gatorade table, spilling water everywhere and disrupting the trainers. He was very PO'ed. The thing was, while he was throwing his tantrum, the team was playing their best game in years. To me, that little fit is symbolic of what Lavar has become. He is more concerned about himself than the team.

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a big Lavar fan. I have purchased two of his jerseys, one for me and one for my girlfriend. I looked forward to seeing him in Gregg William's defensive schemes. Sadly, he has put himself before the team lately. I don't like that.

Last year he begged to play at the end of the season. He got to play and then criticisized the team publicly for playing him. He said they rushed him back from an injury. So this year, they give him time to heal early in the season and he complains about not playing. WTF? Not only that, he also complained about his 65 million dollar contract. WTF? And now, before the biggest game of his career, he is more focused on what will happen to him next year than what will happen to the Redskins Sunday against the Eagles. Shame on him for giving this interview and shame on the Washington Times for printing it.

I had the highest hopes for Lavar. I enjoy watching his amazing athleticism and energy on the field. However, I am afraid he has become overpaid and selfish, making him a bad fit for the team-first, character-driven organization Gibbs is trying to rebuild.

We can clear a lot of cap room, which can be used to sign two or three valuable role players, by releasing him. It looks like that is the best thing for all parties at this juncture. Let somebody else deal with his tantrums.

Oh, and of course I agree that the NFC East is the best division in the conference

Heck, why not 15-0? Maybe even extra credit, you guys could already have won the Super Bowl.

Fact is, you DID lose to the Raiders. At home. You lost several other games, as well. You are 3-4 on the road.

The Giants have a better record (and please note I am not giving them credit for games they should have won), and that is how the 'best' team in each division is decided, at least until the NFL changes its rules.

Now IF the skins win, AND IF the Giants lose, you will have an identical record as the Giants, and will win the division because of tie-breakers. This combination of events COULD happen, but don't you feel just a little bad having to depend on other teams to do your work for you?

And why didn't your coaching staff have you play some of those games better? Surely they know its a sixteen-game season, and that all games count at the end? Claiming you are the best team NOW is disengenuous. Everybody knows they have to play all year long, and the rules as to standings and getting into the playoffs are clear.

Heck, ST played the first Giants game, and I saw 36 points scored. So one statement above doesn't fit reality. And certainly ST didn't account for you failing to score any points at all.

So enough wishful thinking. If my Giants lose to the Raiders and you win at Philly, and the Giants lose the division title, so be it. I will lay it on the players and the coaches, but I won't say, "woulda, coulda, shoulda".

socrates....you act like lavar is pulling a T.O. and dont you think it would be fusterating from being one of the best linebackers in the leuge to one that only plays a few games a season....yes i know he's been injured but it would still be verry fusturating

an i dont think they should release him he is one of the things that make this defense so great...but if it comes down to it the skins r still the skins an will do fine with marcus washington and lamar marshal at linebacker....Lavar Arrington is a Redskin thats what he'll always be

I hate all of the turnover in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB... 56, 48, 24, 21...the list goes on and on. It pisses me off that I cheer 4 a guy, buy his gear, "That's my guy!", and then BAM, out the door!!! All sports teams are just business, I get it! A company... with high freaking turnover! Why cheer for a player at all? My next jersey is gonna say "free agent playa" on the name plate section. If you keep kicking players overboard, your team will not form a core. Unnnghhh! Hulk mad, Hulk smash! From face of the org. to "kick him overboard" in how fast? Who is the new face, Portis, Taylor...2 seasons max. then they will be gone. Once the NFL makes us replace the Redskins logo because it is offensive, they should change our mascot to a freaking atm, or a revolving door! Stupid free agency BS... mumble...mumble.... Whether your a LaVar guy or not...Does this fact make you mad? Your guy is next! I am almost done w/ pro sports. They trade guys faster than I can learn the team....the news is on...They traded Jansen for Roy Williams!....

Archived