Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

giants fans need to stop crying about penalties

chow184

on the called back TD pass,griffin did a spin move,the guy HOLDING the back of his jersey fell onto the ground because he didnt let go.

griffin pretty much spun him into the ground. it was a valid flag,any giants fan telling you otherwise is a sore loser.

the linebacker came in at nearly full speed and made helmet-helmet contact. ramseys chin strap ended up on his nose. had the giants linebacker put his head over ramsey's shoulder,I dont think a flag would have been thrown.the flag IMO was more about the helmet-helmet contact than the guy running into ramsey. if sean taylor headbutted ELIsha Manning like ramsey was,he would easily be flagged and the media would cry.

the only bad calls I saw were springs getting his hands on burress a second early,and the special teams play were the giants player was forced out of bounds,and then called for illegal touching. the giants O-line also had alot of non called holding called holding calls so it went both ways.

and mods,if this was posted before, dont say anything about the search feature, I used it, found nothing. and the 90 second delay sucks.

']The one thing I do want to say is that the personal foul penalty that the Redskins got when the guy hit Tim Carter was a penalty. I've seen some on here say it was a phantom call. He clearly led with his helmet. That is the one I disagree on with the some of the Skins fans here.

it was clear he lead with his helmet,but I dont know if he hit him in the helmet or the chin. either way it was a bad decision by Clark to lead with his helmet and not his shoulder.

should have been a leading with the helmet penality,they termed it wrong.

penality still got called so there is nothing to really talk about.

']The one thing I do want to say is that the personal foul penalty that the Redskins got when the guy hit Tim Carter was a penalty. I've seen some on here say it was a phantom call. He clearly led with his helmet. That is the one I disagree on with the some of the Skins fans here.

Sorry Tom, Gotta disagree there. When you watch the replay, Clark clearly made contact with his shoulder not helmet, and there is no way you can call it a late hit as the ball was about six inches of Carter's Fingertips. That was a truely bogus call.

The PI on spings was a little bit questionable. He did touch him, but he did not interfere with his ability to make the catch, and he clearly blocked the pass before Burress had any chance at it anyway. If I'm the ref, that is not PI, but I can see how it would be called.

The one, or ones that confused the hell out of me were the total lack of holding calls on the Giants O-line. They repeatedly held away from the body in plain sight of the officials with no call. Not the Giants fault for getting away with it, but that was disgusting officiating. When you tackle has the DE around the head from the side and it's not called, that's bad officiating.

In my opinion, the officials came out about even in the end though. That holding call at the end was a bit questionable, but we get those type of calls on us all the time. We even had one that called back a TD the other week as well, so I feel your pain. But in the end, the refs owed us at least one holding call for failing to call the other six to eight earlier in the game.

It didn't affect the outcome in this case though I would say.

I haven't replayed that but watching it when it happened I was convinced it was shoulder to shoulder. Let's see if someone posts a video that shows it. I thought it was a bad call but we all know the refs will call things they can't see clearly (god how we know!).

i'll give you Springs interference. I don't think he impacted Toomer at all and he obviously would have made the play if he hadn't touched him but you can't put your hands on him like that. I probably would have called it too.

yeah now dallas gets to laugh at panther fans for a horrible running into the kicker call

:laugh: Insecure? Feeling hypocritical? How does Dallas even come up based on the thread topic? Not one but two panthers ran into our FG kicker with no conclusive evidence that the ball had been tipped. Did we get bailed out? Sure, but by the panthers players and not the refs. After the penalty the panthers D couldn't hold us to force OT so they lost. Be happy that you control your own destiny against the lowly eagles. What could go wrong? :D

The only problem with the clark penalty was that he wasn't called for leading with his helmet. He was called for hitting a defenseless reciever - which I do disagree with, the play was still going on.

On the heels of the call against Marcus W. in the Dallas game, I guess the Skins just need to let these guys catch and run until they fall down. Two bad calls punishing the Skins for playing hard-nosed and trying to intimidate.

Now if there was one call that went the Redskins way that I did disagree with, though I only saw it once, it was the roughing the passer against the Giants. That might have been the worst call of that penalty I've EVER seen.

Yeah, The NFL Channel tried to pull the "where was the foul" with the zoom-in on the penalty call. Yup, they backed off and said "yeah, yeah, it was a hold" once they saw him pulled to the ground. These guys are always looking for an angle on the Skins. Let's revisit that Alstott run, or that Plummer "tuck". Uhh huh, thats what I thought G-Men. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yup, I was at the game and there were many times when the Giants could have been called for holding. They had their arms wrapped around the DE's or outside rushers and were slowing them down consistently, trying to go around them.

Like other people said, the Giants lost because their offense sucked. Realistically looking at their scores, they luckily got a TD off a tip, and got another TD from their defense. Sorry, but the personal foul on Ryan clark was a joke, far too close to call, and it looked like a good hit to me. It's crazy how you can't even hit a guy these days. That being said, the Giants got dominated this game, much like when the skins were @ NY. The game was kept close uptil half time by penalties and a lack of holding calls on NY. It seems quite clear that no teams are clearly dominant over others, w/ the exception of the Colts. It just depends on who shows up to play.

Please, the Redskins have been shafted numerous times this season. We should have won the Tampa Bay game. It is simply a matter of things evening themselves out. Let the Giant fans cry. If they want, let them review the game tape of the Redskins previous games and see how we have been penalized by the refs. The GB game last year was another example of one call determining the game.

The refs in my opinion didn't call that good of a game period! I saw so many penalties that should've been called especially a blatent false start late in the game against the Redskins. Everyone keeps saying that these penalties being called wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game but I beg to differ. Coach's playcalling changes when its 2nd a 15 instead of 2nd and 10 or even 1st and 25 instead of 1st and 10. You all know that momentum can greatly affect the outcome in the game and I say the game would've been much different if the refs called a decent game. On the Springs call, bogus call becuase he didn't interfere with the receiver's ability to catch the ball until after he touched it. It was a perfect defensive play, one of the best I've ever seen. All in all it was a great game played with Giants not scoring a single touchdown on their own(in my opinion Toomer didnt catch that ball) while the Skins offense put up 35! Go ahead Skins and GOOO RAIDERS!!! Merry Christmas everyone!!:cheers:

Archived