Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is as good as it gets

horseheads2000

Isn't this the type of game that you love and hate to watch? So much at stake, every snap will be nail biting. How are the teams going to react, the skins are fighting for their entree fee and the Giants are fighting to win the division. I see this game as an asskicking, all out brawl, low scoring, and maybe some tempers flaring. This year has been one of the best in my memory, the Nfc east is now back to the elite status it owned for many years up until the turn of the century, and it looks to be like this as our teams are on the young side. (no Al Davis cronies here!)

Whoever wins this game, it will be earned, with blood, sweat, and tears.

May the best team win, and let the cowboys and eagles suck for years to come!

Yeap, this is the first time in a long long time that I have felt butterflies before a game. In the 80's that was a regular occurance. I chalked up the lack of butterflies to getting old and it not mattering as much to me. But now I know different. I still have passion and the game still matters to me.

Yeap, this is the first time in a long long time that I have felt butterflies before a game. In the 80's that was a regular occurance. I chalked up the lack of butterflies to getting old and it not mattering as much to me. But now I know different. I still have passion and the game still matters to me.

To be honest in the 80s, in December we may have felt a few butterflies but deep down inside we knew the Joe Gibbs coached Redskins would win. Just look at the record. Now I just can't help think how bad we played in NJ after killing the 49ers. Granted the cowpukes are a better team and we have the Giants here but I just can't shake that image of the skins going threw the motions as they did in game one, or that game against Oakland. Thus no butterflies for me......Just plain old fear not because of the Giants but because we are capable of playing lights out or a nailbitter against ANY TEAM in the league.

Giants, Cowboys and Redskins for years was the heart and soul of the NFC (with respect to SF as well).

The Eagles were busy dealing with blackouts and booing santa claus while Dallas, New York and Washington were all busy with trying to beat each other up.

One of my worst moments as a Redskins fan that I recall.....crying after the 17-0 bashing we took from the Giants in a playoff game in the Meadowlands. Not just any playoff game...the NFC championship game.

I still remember that game....we couldnt manage to kick a FG. I remember it being one of the windiest games of all time (for the Skins).

To be honest in the 80s, in December we may have felt a few butterflies but deep down inside we knew the Joe Gibbs coached Redskins would win. Just look at the record. Now I just can't help think how bad we played in NJ after killing the 49ers. Granted the cowpukes are a better team and we have the Giants here but I just can't shake that image of the skins going threw the motions as they did in game one, or that game against Oakland. Thus no butterflies for me......Just plain old fear not because of the Giants but because we are capable of playing lights out or a nailbitter against ANY TEAM in the league.

I think, or I should say I'm hoping, the team realizes the importance of this game is actually greater then the Cowgirl game. The Gnats game was earlier in the year, I think this team was feeling really good about the Niners game and thought they may have turned the corner as far as being a good team. The Gnats were playing with a great deal of emotion and put a wood shed whoopin' on us and I think our guys remeber that taste of humiliation, or I should say hope.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

Yep, before the year started, I thought that playoffs would be a bit unrealistic (partly because I was expecting the Eagles to not fall apart with injuries and TO). Therefore, my wish was that we'd have a shot down the stretch to play meaningful games in December. Well, for the first time since 1999, every single one of our games will be important and we can't be mathematically eliminated until the last week.

However, now that I've seen we are in control of our own destiny, playing these games isn't enough...now I want to win them!!

I'm sure regardless of the outcome, I will look back at this December and appreciate it!

This is so fantastic isnt it? Late December and our skins are fighting their GUTS OUT (yeah I know) to win the division. Yes thats right win the division we can beat the giants and the raiders can upset the giants also. this is :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :logo: :logo: :helmet: :helmet: :):) too much I love it just believe baby believe.

This is as good as it gets right now...It's gonna get a whole lot better after Sat.

Yup. Or at least it will if justice prevails. :)

That's the thing about being being a fan of a team that is starting to break through ... as the end of the year approaches and potential playoff stakes get progressively higher, each successive week brings a whole 'nother level of anticipation, excitement, nerves and general freak-outishness.

Watch what happens next week if we're going up to the Eagles place shooting for 10 wins and a guaranteed playoff spot ... we're going to have to prescribe meds to keep people's heads from exploding.

This is what its all about huh, the best part is its in our back yard, season on the line and everyone calling the Giants the class of the NFC East and even the most talented team in the NFC.

This is THE game that earns us respect, proves our Redskins are way better then there record and shows the giants there not the only team with some dayum good players. With the 12th man, we will get all of the above!!!! :point2sky

Yup. Or at least it will if justice prevails. :)

That's the thing about being being a fan of a team that is starting to break through ... as the end of the year approaches and potential playoff stakes get progressively higher, each successive week brings a whole 'nother level of anticipation, excitement, nerves and general freak-outishness.

Watch what happens next week if we're going up to the Eagles place shooting for 10 wins and a guaranteed playoff spot ... we're going to have to prescribe meds to keep people's heads from exploding.

What's nice is that no matter the outcome of this season, we can be proud of what we were able to accomplish. After Sunday's win there can be no argument that the franchise is moving in the right direction, and this group of players have become the Redskins. Win or lose this season they've kept that character and have now started breaking through as you stated.

Because of that they've put themselves in a position where good things can happen. Instead of next season, the time is suddenly right now. It happened last week, and it can happen again tomorrow. These kind games, at this time of year is what it's all about, and it just doesn't get any better.

GO SKINS!!!

Archived