Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Demeanor of the players

jferraro

Hi, this is my first post after a couple years of reading.

Does anyone find it interesting that the Skins players (for the first time in years) actually KNOW what they're talking about in the interviews during the week. From Portis mentioning the number of negative plays against the Giants in the blowout game, to Samuels and Moss mentioning the fact that the two Giants DEs have a total of 24 sacks between them, and it goes on and on. It's obvious that Gibbs has rubbed off on these guys. He's letting them know EXACTLY what they need to know, how they need to react to what they know, and how that eventually turns into winning.

So, I guess essentially, this is a screw you to all the Gibbs haters out there. The more you see this team under Gibbs, the more you'll realize how he rubs off on them and the way they react. It's about the team, it's about winning, it's about REDSKINS football.

:gaintsuck

Hi, this is my first post after a couple years of reading.

Does anyone find it interesting that the Skins players (for the first time in years) actually KNOW what they're talking about in the interviews during the week. From Portis mentioning the number of negative plays against the Giants in the blowout game, to Samuels and Moss mentioning the fact that the two Giants DEs have a total of 24 sacks between them, and it goes on and on. It's obvious that Gibbs has rubbed off on these guys. He's letting them know EXACTLY what they need to know, how they need to react to what they know, and how that eventually turns into winning.

So, I guess essentially, this is a screw you to all the Gibbs haters out there. The more you see this team under Gibbs, the more you'll realize how he rubs off on them and the way they react. It's about the team, it's about winning, it's about REDSKINS football.

:gaintsuck

nice first post. I do not think you will find anyone man enough to admit they are a Gibbs hater when we are on the verge of the playoffs (coughcough oldfan coughcough).

I think Gibbs has the entire locker room more focused then the last 3 or 4 years. Leaps and bounds more preparred then last year because Gibbs himself was learning what he needed to know his first season back.

HTTR!

Well talkl about a helluva shot for your first post, you are dead on right. This is the single largest factor that JG brought back to this team, professionalism. It is the reason that Coles , McCants and Gardner are gone, and it is the biggest factor in our favor. Coach Gibbs may seem mild-mannered in front of the cameras but he is an incrredibly intense individual that demands respect, which always starts with self-respect. The players have conducted themselves in such a mature and mannerly fashion because of the coaching staff's influence.

I believe that they have become a team.....Portis, Moss, Taylor all have become leaders on this squad.

It's amazing how this team is starting to look like a team.

It's eerily strange how the above mentioned seem to have a hold on this team. God knows they are bonded together from the U. I just hope they can convince LA to join in. A family that plays together, stays together. That's bonding and melding as a team. After a while, it wears on ya and you start to believe.

Coach Gibbs knows his people/players. He will become Papa Gibbs of the 'Skins, ala Papa Halas of the Bears in years gone by if his health doesn't betray him.

Coach Gibbs now has this teams attention, and has them playing as a team instead of the individuals we once had.

I'm gonna kick back and enjoy the residuals. Don't ya love it when a plan comes together(fruition)

Archived