Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't order the Water from the menu at The Tao Restaurant

Mickalino

During my recent visit to New York City, me and a friend settled into the The Tao Restaurant. We each ordered Sushi - I had the Fried SoftShell Crab Sushi, and then we had Saki, and then Chocolate Souffle. During this time, I innocently ordered some WATER to quench my thirst. I think the thing that killed me was the fact that the waitress slipped in the word STILL-water. Anyway, we get the bill, and of all the things we had, the WATER was the most expensive thing we had. The sushi, saki, and souffle were all about $12 each. While they had the nerve to charge us $20 for the water. What's up with the water at the Tao Restaurant ? Is it imported from Pluto or something ? And if so, why didnt I get a buzz from this terribly expensive water ??

During my recent visit to New York City, me and a friend settled into the The Tao Restaurant. We each ordered Sushi - I had the Fried SoftShell Crab Sushi, and then we had Saki, and then Chocolate Souffle. During this time, I innocently ordered some WATER to quench my thirst. I think the thing that killed me was the fact that the waitress slipped in the word STILL-water. Anyway, we get the bill, and of all the things we had, the WATER was the most expensive thing we had. The sushi, saki, and souffle were all about $12 each. While they had the nerve to charge us $20 for the water. What's up with the water at the Tao Restaurant ? Is it imported from Pluto or something ? And if so, why didnt I get a buzz from this terribly expensive water ??

STILL water - water like Avain or the like. Probably bottled like wine. No?

SPARKLING water - water like Perrier, no flavor. Think club soda. Also bottled like wine.

So yes you got handed a pricey detail. You will know the difference in the future... :laugh:

Archived