Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tiki Barber

StepyagameuP

You know nothing about the Giants because if you did you would know Tiki is replaced by Brandon Jacobs in goal line situations that is why he has no TD's on the road. Understand what you type before you put it down.

It's not goal line situations that we're concerned about. It's giving up the big run once or twice a game. That can make all the difference in a close game.

That's the perspective I look at. Perhaps that understanding goes both ways. :)

ok that will happen. Game plan for tiki. You will get shocked , burress. or toomerd. Talking about doing it and pulling it off is a whole other subject.

True enough, stopping Tiki is easier said than done. Since I'm not the one lining up, I won't pretend to know the complexities of the chore. However, besides being an effective manager of the offense, Eli has yet to establish himself as someone who can rally the team on his arm alone. To speak generally, he scares no one, in and of himself. That creates a problem the G-men face should the Redskins find a way to limit Tiki. Obvioulsy at that point, Eli's ability to manage the game will be comprimised. If there's consistent pressure, so much the worse. Then factor in croud noise as you saw last week against the badly beaten Cowboys. :)

Don't feed it! He's obviously an idiot if he believes Eli actually had a good game last time he played the skins. 1 INT and completed 38% of his passes :yikes:. In fact, he's a fool if he believes Eli has had a good season this year.

Just for a laugh I'll throw in Kyle Orton's completion % this season - 52.0 % :laugh:

Eli' Stats -

QB Rating - 75.4 (Below Average)

Completion % - 52.6 :yikes: :rotflmao:

TDs / INTs - 22 / 16 (Fair)

Fumbles / Lost - 8 / 2

Sacked - 25 for 160

Mark's Stats -

QB Rating - 87.0 (Above Average) :applause:

Completion % - 58. 9

TDs / INTs - 20 / 8 :applause:

Fumbles / Lost - 10 / 6 :yikes:

Sacked - 25 for 191

Everyone is aware that Brunell scares no one really. And your QB is scary how? Admit it....

your QB is not good. Will he be in the future? Who's to say. The only reason people think he's good is because of his last name. Bottom line, the Giants are as good as Tiki will let them be, nothing more. He's running out of his mind right now, I'll give him that. Maybe this week, he has a setback and starts "coughing" that rock up again! :applause: If not, and the Skins can hold him down, Eli does NOT scare me. :laugh:

:gaintsuck :point2sky

The Skins need to tackle way better than last time. Stop tiki and force passing downs. We'll get turnovers from Eli by forcing him to fumble and throw into coverage. If the D-Line can match it's performance against Dallas. :helmet:

no offense, but Tiki is on fire....even if you stop him from running, he's a good reciever and a pass blocker.... he IMO is the best all around running back in the league... good luck trying to stop him though, the kids got alotta heart :notworthy

What we really have to do is cover the cutback lanes! For sure GW will sheme up something with one of our own "spys" watching Tiki and those lanes. Because of what happened last week, Daniels will probably get extra noticed as well as Griffin. Hopefully mismatches occur on 1st and 2nd downs and blitzes on 3rd, of course not consistantly but you get the drift. They definetly have receiver threats, but sticking to our gameplan will hopefully limit production.

Just attempt to stop Tiki. They are all about the run. Eli dumps it underneath time and time again. If we limit Tiki touches we win. As for any other game... make the team one dimensional. Dirtbag- I think this Giants team is better than the Cowboys. Their run game speaks for itself.

GW will come out with a very different approach than last time.

Let Toomer, Buress, or Shockey try to run over the middle..and .."MEET SEAN TAYLOR".

Is that the same Sean Taylor that was routinely posterized in our first meeting?

I think the idea of spying on Tiki and covering the cutback lanes might help, but sometimes you just have to go after someone and get him before he gets into the backfield. Regarding Eli, when he has his 'A' game, he's very good. He's been in a slump lately, but don't count on that being the case this Saturday. By the way, all in all, he has been better on the road than at home.

I know they kicked our butt last time out but then again we didn't have Salavea and Griffin in there the entire game. Now we do. That should go a long way to stopping Tiki. In addition I think we got ambused by Tiki in the first game, lets just say I don't see Tiki doing it twice in a row.

Now lets get down to business. Forget all the stats except one. Strength of schedule. 6 for the skins, 22 for the Giants. That to me says it all, especially if you add two more things. This game is at home and its for the playoffs which the skins haven't seen in 6 years.

tiki might be the best running back in the league this year. He's way underated, but is carrying that team, as we all know. unfortunately for us, Eli is a good enough QB to beat us if he gets enough help from tiki. It is so easy to say that all we have to do is stop tiki, but man is that tougher done than said.

this is going to be a tough game, but If our guys are up to it, and fedex gets rockin, we can do it. We don't need to "spy" tiki barber. our defense just has to play the way they were taught. Stay in your lanes, get upfield, and for god's sake, TACKLE!

Is that the same Sean Taylor that was routinely posterized in our first meeting?

Admittedly our ENTIRE Run D stunk it up last time. But your recievers really didn't do much. Longest Pass was to Toomer for 26 yards, he ended up with a grand total of 43 yards in the game being the leading reciever. Our offense committed 4 turnovers which kept our D on the field. All of this does not matter, onto this weeks game...

Honestly, Sean Taylor has been lighting players up the past couple games. He's been playing better than I have ever seen him play. Although you may not think much of him, I guarantee your recievers will have him in the back of their minds...

Our D-Line won't get pressure because the Giants will be in max protect, which will turn your passing game into crap. We stop Tiki we should win this game. Eli just isn't good enough.

Wait...Why will the Giants be in max protect all game? Considering they haven't used it more 15 times throughout the year?

Giants have a good O-line with two solid tackles in Petigout & McKenzie, and a probowl caliber young guard in Chris Snee.

Everyone steriotypes Coughlin as a hard nose pound the ball type coach, but in reality he's the exact opposite. He was a WR's coach for the Gmen back in the day and likes to run a wide open offense. IF the gmen do set up for a play in a two TE setting I'll bet money it's a passing play and the ball gets thrown to Shiancoe, the #2 TE.

Stopping Tiki will be no easy task. I think he's probably the most underrated player in the league right now. He has the most yards from scrimmage in the league and you still won't hear his name mentioned in the top 5 RBs in the league. That's crazy. He's amazing. We MUST contain him to have any chance.

A couple of things come to my mind in this game that are worthy of note.

1. Antonio Pierce is out. I'm very glad about this. We made a mistake in losing him. He's a monster and their defense is much better when he's in there. This could mean a big day for Portis and Betts.

2. Ray Brown is NOT Randy Thomas. I hear all the comments about us "not skipping a beat with Brown in there," and "Yes, we'll have to tweak things a little for Ray Brown, but I expect him to play just as good as Thomas." I don't buy it. I think he's a great individual and a great team leader. BUT, he's 43 years old and he cannot possibly fill the shoes, in my opinion, of a Pro-Bowl OG (which is what I think Thomas has become). Again, I'm not trashing Ray Brown. I like him, and I'm glad that if he has to play it's at guard, a position much better suited to him than tackle (does anyone remember his play in the Giants game when Samuels went down? Yikes!). But, Randy Thomas is primarily good at PULLING and blocking on the run. How much of that can Ray Brown do at his age? This could really affect our outside running game, and if our outside running game doesn't go well we could be in trouble. I don't think we can win this game on Mark's arm only.

3. I expect Cooley to finally get the respect he deserves. Unfortunately, that means that they will probably put a safety on him or maybe even a CB. Still, I expect him to have a big game if the 'Skins win. I like him a lot and I'm glad he's going to the Pro-Bowl. He's earned it.

4. The crowd needs to be bigger and louder than even the Dallas game. Coach Gibbs is concerned about a letdown after such a big win against Dallas (he called it "human nature"). Our fans need to express (with their noise) to our team that this game is even BIGGER than the Dallas game. Eli is still a young QB. He can and will make mistakes if he can't hear or communicate. MAKE NOISE, FEDEX!!!!!!!!!!!

5. My prediction? The Redskins defense will be on fire all day. Lavar will come back to play in the biggest game of his career and have a monster day. Tiki will be held under 100 yards, barely, and may score one TD. I expect Shockey to score a TD also and the Giants will tack on a FG to score 17 total points. The Redskins will score 20 points, however, and win 20-17.

How many sacks does Griffin have this year? How many last year? He does not pressure the QB.:laugh:

Its called double-teams, my friend. He draws double teams from Olines which frees up our ends to makes plays. Furthermore he is a monster in run support, he is easily a top 5 DT against the run. I'm more than happy to concede AP to you guys in exchange for Corn. I think you will see a very different defense with him in there.

I think the key to stopping Tiki is to keep him to the inside. Don't let Tiki get outside the hash marks. All of his big runs tend to be when he bounces to the outside.

Our defense should know a thing or two about stopping Tiki. In two games against him last year we held him to 80 yards rushing combined. Then again there was the game on New York this year...

Keep him to the inside.

I think the key to stopping Tiki is to keep him to the inside. Don't let Tiki get outside the hash marks. All of his big runs tend to be when he bounces to the outside.

Our defense should know a thing or two about stopping Tiki. In two games against him last year we held him to 80 yards rushing combined. Then again there was the game on New York this year...

Keep him to the inside.

Just an FYI. Tiki get's most of his big runs in between the tackles. And this is 2005, not 2004. We're no longer playing with one of the worst O-Lines in the league.

Just an FYI. Tiki get's most of his big runs in between the tackles. And this is 2005, not 2004. We're no longer playing with one of the worst O-Lines in the league.

Yes and no. Tiki is shifty. He goes between the tackles and then bounces outside and down the sideline. I think that is what he meant by bouncing outside.

Either way if we limit his production by half, we limit their offense by nearly half. If we as fans are this jackedup then imagine how our team is feeling! However, I feel that we need to put up most of our points the first 3 quarters. Manning shows signs of life in the fourth quarter when that adrenaline starts rushing. We definetly have the emotional edge come Saturday...And our team knows how to feed off of it. Look at our current 3 game win streak, after losing 3 straight! I mean come on! Come Saturday I am going to get Anxiety attacks galore!

:logo:

Archived