Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting stat when both the Giants and Redskins had winning seasons recently

ShockeyZulu

Since I've been a fan, I can't remember too many seasons when both our teams have had winning seasons in the same year. It's seemed like when the Giants have been good, the Redskins were bad and when the Redskins were good the Giants were bad.

I just wanted to do a little research to see how many seasons both teams have had a winning record in the same year and who won the majority of those games.

The last 20 seasons, from 1985 till today, there have been 5 seasons where both the Giants and Redskins both have had a winning record. They have been the 1985, 1986, 1989, 1990 and 1997 seasons.

In the 10 game played in those 5 seasons, the Giants have an 8-1-1 record against the Redskins.

So when both our teams have been good in recent history, the Giants have been the better team.

Of course this stat doesn't mean anything come Saturday as I expect a hard fought game from both sides. This game sure will be a treat to watch since it's so few a chance that both our teams have been good in the same year.

Here's how it will play out....The Skins lose to the GMEN and are so devastated, that they overlook the Iggles and miss the playoff's...Sounds like a plan to me!

good post, very insightful...

You sound like an ass and that ShockeyZulu guy makes you look even worse cuz he is actually trying to put something coherent together unlike your posts which I can sum up in about ten words "Redskins suck, eli rules, we will beat you." In closing, you must be an idiot.

Here's how it will play out....The Skins lose to the GMEN and are so devastated, that they overlook the Iggles and miss the playoff's...Sounds like a plan to me!

How convenient. I dont think the skins locker room got the memo. They certainly didnt get the one that said dallas was coming to town to pull out a "W". As for the odd statistic, we havn't swept dallas since 1995....we are exorcizing demons around here and I'm glad you pointed another one out to be exorcized. :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

How convenient. I dont think the skins locker room got the memo. They certainly didnt get the one that said dallas was coming to town to pull out a "W". As for the odd statistic, we havn't swept dallas since 1995....we are exorcizing demons around here and I'm glad you pointed another one out to be exorcized. :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

yep!

Archived