Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: It Feels Real Good Making Dallas Feel Bad

Redskins_SF

It Feels Real Good Making Dallas Feel Bad

By Michael Wilbon

Monday, December 19, 2005; Page E01

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/18/AR2005121801329.html

There can't be much greater glory in sports, not in the regular season anyway, than crushing a hated rival late in the season with a spot in the playoffs probably at stake. The Redskins beat the life out of the Cowboys yesterday, stampeded Drew Bledsoe and made his teammates look like quitters and stumblebums. It's been a long time since the Redskins so thoroughly dominated a worthy opponent in a game of consequence. And it's been a long time since a Cowboys team with serious aspirations looked like such a chump outfit.

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our copyright statement:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131906

i cant wait to watch PTI tomorrow

Same with me. This better be the 2nd or 3rd topic on PTI. I'm positive that the Chargers ending the Colts undefeated dreams will be number one and it should be. But our beatdown should be 2nd. I also hope they discuss us on Around the Horn. I think Woody Paige was the only one who predicted us to win. Anyone who watches the show knows that Statboy (Tony Reali) hates us. I just always say he should just move out of DC. Go somewhere else if you live in a city where you can't give any respect to the team when they're doing well.

It's been a long time since the Redskins so thoroughly dominated a worthy opponent in a game of consequence. And it's been a long time since a Cowboys team with serious aspirations looked like such a chump outfit.

True. The Redskins haven't done this in a competitive division game since 1991. And they haven't made Dallas look stupid like this since 1986 in games that meant something. Both games were with Gibbs as coach. In 1986 the Cowboys went on to lose the next 4 games and finish 7-9 after starting 7-4.

Archived