Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boomer said the 2006 salary cap....

cfujskins

does it matter?

as long as they dont have a GM

they will be a team thats fan base is tickled pink with7-6 with the highest pay roll

and complaining about a play here or there every yr or they would be 12 -1

its been a play here or there for the past 12 yrs

No for a lot of teh last 13 years we have been 5-6 plays away from winning.LOL

I'm not sure you've got a firm grasp on the salary cap -- all of our players, no matter what their contract length, count against the cap. Lavar's 10 million dollar hit next season doesn't "count less" or something because he's under long-term contract.

I think what he meant was that we don't have a lot of key guys that need to be resigned. That makes things a lot easier. For example, if you're $10 or so mill below the cap but you've got 4 or 5 guys expecting big contracts, that cap space can get eaten up rather quickly just to tread water.

OTOH, we have the opposite situation. We have no big time pending F.A. contracts to negotiate this coming offseason along with several overpaid vets that can be cut or restructured. That along with a higher than expected cap (I've typically heard $90 mill) would bode well for us to be able to bring in a F.A. DE and/or WR.

I think what he meant was that we don't have a lot of key guys that need to be resigned. That makes things a lot easier. For example, if you're $10 or so mill below the cap but you've got 4 or 5 guys expecting big contracts, that cap space can get eaten up rather quickly just to tread water.

OTOH, we have the opposite situation. We have no big time pending F.A. contracts to negotiate this coming offseason along with several overpaid vets that can be cut or restructured. That along with a higher than expected cap (I've typically heard $90 mill) would bode well for us to be able to bring in a F.A. DE and/or WR.

Okay -- I can see that. I think we do have some big time FAs that need to be re-signed; Lemar Marshall for example. I'm pretty sure his contract runs out in 06. We got lucky in that we had someone to fill Pierce's shoes....are we gonna gamble again that someone else can fill the MLB spot??? I know that's probably why we drafted McCune, but is he progressing?? I have no idea.

And yes, we don't have any huge FA contracts that need to be done, but we've also got some serious holes to fill...DE, WR, etc. That is going to take some cap room!!! I just hope they can get some guys to restructure....

Archived