Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar has a Chance to be the differance maker

For what its worth, Lavar is blowing everyone else on the roster away in tackles for a loss. I have no idea why he is not in on 3rd downs, but he's not. He's putting in work, however. Not to mention he's almost tripled Holdman's output in the first 7 or 8 games or whatever...

So he's better than Holdman...I'd hope so, he's making a gazzillion more than Holdman.

And he's got more tackles for losses than anyone else on the team...considering how weak our pass rush is, that's not saying much.

Over hyped, over paid and under achieving...but finally saying the right things in public.

That being said, if he plays like a pro-bowler in the next three weeks, and we get into the playoffs, he could go down in Redskins lore....but I'm not optimistic.

our defense will be handling business sunday at home with the crowd. our defense is scary with all our starters in.

dont look now, but i have a feeling brunell will reach deep this week and pull out a great game as he finds santana 8-10 times with 2 of them being in the end zone. portis will also have a huge day against the cowboys, scoring 2 touchdowns and 150+ yards. all in all, i do not think this game will even be close. the final score will be something like 34-17

If this happens, I'll cry.

What bothers me is if we were to get rid of him. The type of injurys he's been rehabbing in the off season often take till the second season before the player is truely back to where he was physically prior to the injuries. He will be faster next year, and will know the system that much better from playing more of it. He'll also have something to prove no matter where he plays. He will have a career year next season if he stays with us. Next year is our big run IMO. Rogers will have a year under his belt, and Taylor (if not in the klink) should begin to really hit his prime. This D is two or three players away from being scarey.

This is exactly why I think the Skins hold on to him...they know. Lavar is in for a HUGE year. Hopefully it is with the Skins!!! :cheers:

In the 1st game on monday night football Lavar had 1 solo tackle. That was his stat line 1 solo tackle. I believe this may even have come on special teams being he was in the dog house at that time. Now he has had a week off and is well rested. He is a good bit healthy since he had a full practice wednesday. My point is he was nowhere to be found in the first match up. I'm excited about what an upgrade our defense will get with him out there almost 75% of the snaps. We all know Lavar is a playmaker. He also is just as sound in every aspect of OLB as Holdman. I believe he can make a large impact penetrating into the Dallas backfield and Creating turnovers/turnover opportunities.

Lavar, ST, M.W., Griffin and Springs all give me great confidence in our D. Thats almost half our D that are all playmakers at there positions.

:dallasuck

:applause: I'll buy into that. Lavar Arrington has the innate ability to seize the magical moment. He is one of those players. And playing against Dallas, there is no single player I would trust in more to have a break through game than Lavar Arrington. If GreggW doesn't hold him back, Lavar Arrington will be in a zone no other player can duplicate.

As for the Lawrence Taylor comparisons. Be as revisionistic as you want. Lawrence Taylor didn't do squat until he got a good coach like Bill Parcells and a decent QB on the otherside of the ball (like Phil Simms). Sound familiar? Because I find the comparisons completely consistant.

shouldnt you guys be talking about LaMar and not LaVar. afterall Lamar has already learned the system played in a position unatural to him and is putting up good numbers and has been solid all year.

Simply put..... right now Lamar Marshall is more valuable than Lavar. and if you dont think im right, look at two things, consistant play and durability.

Wow I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I believe Lavar will have a huge game cuz he will be so motivated for Dallas week, and the biggest game of the season.

This goes beyond game of the season, this is going to be one of the defining games of Gibbs second tenure. As for Lavar this is the biggest game of his professional life. He wanted to have meaningful games in December well he's got one time to shut up and put up.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

In the 1st game on monday night football Lavar had 1 solo tackle. That was his stat line 1 solo tackle. I believe this may even have come on special teams being he was in the dog house at that time. Now he has had a week off and is well rested. He is a good bit healthy since he had a full practice wednesday. My point is he was nowhere to be found in the first match up. I'm excited about what an upgrade our defense will get with him out there almost 75% of the snaps. We all know Lavar is a playmaker. He also is just as sound in every aspect of OLB as Holdman. I believe he can make a large impact penetrating into the Dallas backfield and Creating turnovers/turnover opportunities.

Lavar, ST, M.W., Griffin and Springs all give me great confidence in our D. Thats almost half our D that are all playmakers at there positions.

i think you have to throw rogers lemar marshall and salave'a in with that group as well and i think lavar is a playmaker/difference maker in EVERY game he plays but ya this will be a big one...unfortunately i still dont believe lavar is at full strength and will not be until next year

:logo:

:notworthy :applause: :applause: :notworthy

The way I see it, LaVar has had one season that was almost close to his billing. I don't care how many times a guy goes to the probowl, it's a popularity contest to a good extent, and LaVar promotes himself very well.

Now, I'm not saying we're not better with him on the field, but he's never been the consistant gamebreaker we thought we were getting when we drafted him. He's never terrorized a team the way LT would.

What bothers me is if we were to get rid of him. The type of injurys he's been rehabbing in the off season often take till the second season before the player is truely back to where he was physically prior to the injuries. He will be faster next year, and will know the system that much better from playing more of it. He'll also have something to prove no matter where he plays. He will have a career year next season if he stays with us. Next year is our big run IMO. Rogers will have a year under his belt, and Taylor (if not in the klink) should begin to really hit his prime. This D is two or three players away from being scarey.

Well said Pete, I still think we need to use him more in our schemes and on 3rd down, thats when LT was the best is on 3rd downs. LA has dropped more backs in the backfield then any linebacker we have, and I would hate to see him playing against us.

Well said Pete, I still think we need to use him more in our schemes and on 3rd down, thats when LT was the best is on 3rd downs. LA has dropped more backs in the backfield then any linebacker we have, and I would hate to see him playing against us.

the only reason you guys think he stops more people in the backfield is because lavar's clown ass runs 50 yards down the field celebrating like a moron.

Archived