Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do we not use Sellers anymore...

GO GO SKINS

We have been max protecting. Without a No. 2 WR, it is slim pickings.

Thats right. When we lost our #2 and #3 recievers It changed our whole damn offence. Losing 1 reciever is hard enough to deal with but when a team loses 2 of their 3, well, I dont think it would matter who the Qb was you would have some problems. Santana is constantly double if not triple covered and the back upm recievers havent been a threat. Teams know who our next choice is....cooley, and for the most part he can get open and have a positive impact...but your right. Its slim pickings. Thank God the run game has stepped up.

We need to use Sellers as a lead blocker like the Chargers use Lorenzo Neal. We used him that way on the Portis TD run against the Cards last Sunday, but he could be used that way a lot more. Neal is a HUGE part of Tomlinson's recent success, and of Corey Dillon's success with the Bengals. Maybe Sellers is too slow to do what Neal does. I couldn't find Neal's 40 time, but Sellers runs 4.80

Lorenzo Neal

Position: FB

Height: 5-11

Weight: 255

Born: 12/27/1970

College: Fresno State

NFL Experience: 13

Mike Sellers

Position: TE

Height: 6-3

Weight: 277

Born: 07/21/1975

College: Walla Walla CC WA

NFL Experience: 6

40-yd time: 4.80

we do use Sellers as a lead blocker, we also use Cooley as a lead blocker (with Royal in there with both of them)

he's coming off a rib injury, very painful, he'll be there, I don't worry

I may be reaching here, but I think Gibbs knew STL and Arizona wouldn't be the hardest teams to play, so he kept a lot of the passing game under wraps

when have you ever seen sellers get touches outside of the redzone? :laugh: We weren't in redzone situations against the cardinals, so what you saw was what you ALWAYS see from sellers... blocking.

someone look up how many receptions sellers has, and how many touchdowns. he's probably like 3td/5rec. or something.

are you guys really that worried? ;)

EDIT: OK, looked up the stats... 5td/10rec. , plus 1td/1rush ... 65 receiving yards for the year, 1 rushing yard for the year. his longest reception was for 19 yards.

so anyway, while those numbers are great as far as touchdowns, it shows that gibbs hasn't used sellers extensively in the open field all year, it's not like he's 'not using sellers anymore..' he never really used him that much, other than redzone scoring and play action.

Archived