Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameballs and Goats (Merged)

Kansas_SkinsFan

Game Balls:

Defensive: Sean Taylor

Offensive: Clinton Portis

Special Teams: Antonio Brown(Heh, who would of thought wed be saying that?)

Goat #1-Denny Green- Challenging the play before john hall missed the FG, if he did he could of sent the game into overtime instead of going for it on 4th down. Lol but oh well how would he know?

Goat #2-Mark Brunell- Came back in 2nd half though and led the team. Awfull first half. Hes ok in my book.

Offensive- CP, and Robert royal for good blocking downfield and a critical first down catch @ the end. But #1 CP.

Defense- Sean taylor, Ade Jimoh(nice tackle when it counted), and the whole secondary, (they gave up one TD.)

A. Brown...damn I'm glad he did that, I knew he had it in him. I'm glad he wasnt cut, as some have been asking for

Gameballs:

Portis-Ran hard and well. Gained a ton of respect from him today.

Brown-TOUCHDOWN BROWN. Nice return.

Defense-4 takeaways and Taylor and Jimoh came up huge at the end.

Goats:

Brunell-Horrible game.

Cooley-Didn't help much at all.

agreed, and the o-line played well today, so i might as well throw that one in. :laugh:

BTW, Cooley couldnt hold on to a thing. The defense was great, but the Passing offense was subpar, we just kept giving the cards the ball back. It would have been a blowout, had we not turned the ball over that many times.

Okay -- several of you are calling Frost a goat...why, exactly?? He averaged 43 yards a punt and boomed a couple 50+ yarders....yeah, such a goat! :rolleyes: Jesus...you can never win with you haters...try and evaluate a guy on his performance in THIS GAME.

And also Cooley -- man! What is your deal?? Dude had several punishing blocks that helped Portis gain some yards, and made some tough catches. One bounced off his hands that he should of (and usually does) caught. BFD. **** happens.

Okay -- several of you are calling Frost a goat...why, exactly?? He averaged 43 yards a punt and boomed a couple 50+ yarders....yeah, such a goat! :rolleyes: Jesus...you can never win with you haters...try and evaluate a guy on his performance in THIS GAME.

And also Cooley -- man! What is your deal?? Dude had several punishing blocks that helped Portis gain some yards, and made some tough catches. One bounced off his hands that he should of (and usually does) caught. BFD. **** happens.

I'm still trying to figure out why we have a goat category when we won. To say bad game is one thing but to call a guy a goat after a victory is kinda funny. To place blame on a player because of a loss is how I thought the term goat was used. I guess it's a tough crowd tonight.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Game balls -

1. Portis - I criticized him on the boards recently for not keeping his balance, but that TD run today proved me wrong (even if he did have to grab onto Sellers' shirt tail to do it;) )

2. Antonio Brown - huge return at just the right time. When the offense isn't playing well and the defense is, speacial teams is usually the aspect of the game that decides it.

3. The DB backups who made plays today - Jimoh, Priloeau, and Rogers (not really a backup anymore though, I guess).

Guys who could have stepped it up (I won't call them goats in victory) -

1. Mark (Scott) Brunell - looked terrible in the 1st half. Gibbs did him a big favor by re-committing to the run game in the 2nd half.

2. The receiving corps (with the exception of Moss) No Patten, no Thrash, so someone has to step up. Did any of our lower tier WRs make a play? I think Jacobs had a catch...

I'd also like to say Sean Taylor could fit in either category today. He made a lot of great plays, but he did miss some tackles and seemed a step behind the ball carrier several times. A couple of times, those missed tackles went for 1st downs.

Game balls -

1. Portis - I criticized him on the boards recently for not keeping his balance, but that TD run today proved me wrong (even if he did have to grab onto Sellers' shirt tail to do it;) )

2. Antonio Brown - huge return at just the right time. When the offense isn't playing well and the defense is, speacial teams is usually the aspect of the game that decides it.

3. The DB backups who made plays today - Jimoh, Priloeau, and Rogers (not really a backup anymore though, I guess).

Guys who could have stepped it up (I won't call them goats in victory) -

1. Mark (Scott) Brunell - looked terrible in the 1st half. Gibbs did him a big favor by re-committing to the run game in the 2nd half.

2. The receiving corps (with the exception of Moss) No Patten, no Thrash, so someone has to step up. Did any of our lower tier WRs make a play? I think Jacobs had a catch...

I'd also like to say Sean Taylor could fit in either category today. He made a lot of great plays, but he did miss some tackles and seemed a step behind the ball carrier several times. A couple of times, those missed tackles went for 1st downs.

I'm with you on Taylor, there were several plays where the Cards threw a 5 yard pass and Taylor would take a bad angle and end up diving for the guy only to miss him and it turn into a 10+ yard gain.

He had his moments but he was taking bad angles and missing tackles left and right as well.

I'm with you on Taylor, there were several plays where the Cards threw a 5 yard pass and Taylor would take a bad angle and end up diving for the guy only to miss him and it turn into a 10+ yard gain.

He had his moments but he was taking bad angles and missing tackles left and right as well.

They were not bad angles from what I remember, they were impossible angles and the plays were successful because of the defense called, not because of Taylor. The quick flats are going to be picked up when we have our close CB's blitzing. Any other defensive player would not have even come close to the Cardinal WR's

I have to give props to ADE JIMOH also. He came up EXACTLY when we needed it!!!

Blondie

Good call.

Jimoh, Royal, and Sellars each contributed in huge ways today. I really didn't think that Jimoh was going to make that tackle. I never expected to see Royal do such a good job blocking. I always expect good things out of Sellars and his blocking today was crucial.

I'm still trying to figure out why we have a goat category when we won. To say bad game is one thing but to call a guy a goat after a victory is kinda funny. To place blame on a player because of a loss is how I thought the term goat was used. I guess it's a tough crowd tonight.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Good point! I guess the not-so-blatant haters have to hate somehow...:)

There really shouldn't be a "goat" in a victory....the goat is the guy who loses the game for ya!

Archived