Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Brunell for Pro Bowl!!!

craig19406

I'm starting to wonder how many of you guys actually watched the game.

We won the game despite of Brunell, he was absolutely horrible and he hasn't played well since the Bucs game.

There is being positive and there is just flat out making stuff up. The Cooley interception, not his fault, though it wasn't the best thrown ball ever.

But the other two?? Please stop with these excuses, they were in the Red Zone and thrown right to a Cardinal DB.

Believe me i'm thrilled that we won and that the Dallas game is now huge but it dosen't make you a "hater" to realize that Brunell is a weak link on this team.

Could Ramsey do any better? Hell if I know he was a interception throwing machine as well, though I do think he's a better pure passer.

Can't really make a change at this point in the season but I hope Brunell isn't in the Redskins plans next year, the tank is near E and I don't wanna go into another season relying on this guy.

Brunell can't hold up. It's what several of his critics said, even accepting that he was better this year in preseason. And unlike other QBs on the roster, there's no hope of him getting better as the year goes on.

This was PRECISELY the argument AJ_Skins has made. With a QB that still isn't a finished product, there is the chance that he will "get it" during a game and take off. With an old and beat up formerly-mobile QB, there is no hope of that type of improvement, which is a SIGNIFICANT problem if you have PLAYOFF ASPIRATIONS.

I hope this is the last year of the Brunell experiment. It has probably flushed two seasons down the drain unless the rest of the team really makes up for Mr. Turnover. And they called Ramsey a turnover machine. At least with him, he can throw three picks and still keep a team in the game and even lead a last minute drive. Brunell simply doesn't have that margin for error.

Mark Brunell had a bad game against the Cardinals today, but it is a win regardless in the books. I hope he and the passing game better make significant improvements if they wanna win against the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles and stay alive in the playoff hunt. Overall, everything looks good right now, except their passing game.

This just proves that we don't need Mark to throw for big yards and tds. This team has enough character to win despite all these mistakes. The skins' are really starting to turn the corner...I can feel it.
Right this game proves that.....beating the Cardinals proves that we don't need Mark to throw much because we can always counts on getting a ton of turnovers and a TD off a kick off.

:doh:

Dude we need a friggin passing game, period.

Brunell can't hold up. It's what several of his critics said, even accepting that he was better this year in preseason. And unlike other QBs on the roster, there's no hope of him getting better as the year goes on.

This was PRECISELY the argument AJ_Skins has made. With a QB that still isn't a finished product, there is the chance that he will "get it" during a game and take off. With an old and beat up formerly-mobile QB, there is no hope of that type of improvement, which is a SIGNIFICANT problem if you have PLAYOFF ASPIRATIONS.

I hope this is the last year of the Brunell experiment. It has probably flushed two seasons down the drain unless the rest of the team really makes up for Mr. Turnover. And they called Ramsey a turnover machine. At least with him, he can throw three picks and still keep a team in the game and even lead a last minute drive. Brunell simply doesn't have that margin for error.

You are a bitter individual. This is a fact.

I would love for Brunell to lead this team into the playoffs just so you could look in the mirror and see what someone who is wriong looks like. Nobody knows if he can or can't yet, to this point HE HAS.

You don't know Bruneels health, I don't and AJ Skins don't, whoever the F*** that is (you quote him as if he is a source of all fottball knowledge).

The fact is, more evidence supports that Brunell will leas this team to 3 more wins. But, the only thing that matters in that predicition is money. It's called gambling. Bet against your team if you are so smart. You seemed to resigned to the notion Brunell sucks. Bet the opposite all the way out.

It's sickening to read after you see a man give his heart all season for a 'fan' to just crap on it . The man played grit all f****** year. Took big hits, made great throws- he wants this to be a great season. Yet, you are obligated to S*** on him.

The best part is, if it wasn't for him we'd be in the Reggie Bush running. You will probably say that's better than the spot we're in now. B/C that is how losers think.

It's hard to argue against that, the numbers seem to back it up.

Mark Brunell had a bad game against the Cardinals today, but it is a win regardless in the books. I hope he and the passing game better make significant improvements if they wanna win against the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles and stay alive in the playoff hunt. Overall, everything looks good right now, except their passing game.

I hope we can improve it too. Unfortunately we seem to have hit a low at the Raiders game and the passing game has been poor ever since.

Brunell was pretty bad today. Hard to say otherwise. But he's also been spectacular at times this year, and overall, pretty solid. As for the 'turnover machine' comments, he's definitely regressing there, but you can't really blame him on a couple of those today - thats where I get irritated....theres not a single thread calling out Cooley on his mediocre play (including causing one of the picks Brunell gets blamed for).

You got to dance with the date you brung. And this year, thats Brunell - warts and all.

Brunell was pretty bad today. Hard to say otherwise. But he's also been spectacular at times this year, and overall, pretty solid. As for the 'turnover machine' comments, he's definitely regressing there, but you can't really blame him on a couple of those today - thats where I get irritated....theres not a single thread calling out Cooley on his mediocre play (including causing one of the picks Brunell gets blamed for).

You got to dance with the date you brung. And this year, thats Brunell - warts and all.

I agree with you on the Cooley thing. I wish the record keepers wouldn't count plays like that aginst the QB because in reality the QB had nothing to do with it. Puttin the ball where it needs to be is his job, and he did that.

I think the reason you see so many question aimed at Brunell is because he hasn't been "the guy" this season. A game or two? Sure. But this season he hasn't done the things teams want from a QB, he hasn't made the plays. Today Sonny said on the radio that a guy was wide open and Brunell just looked scared to throw the ball to him. That kind of timid play is good if you are looking for a game manager and you have the team around him, like the SB Baltimore team had. We don't, and consequently we need better play from our QB.

IMO this season has shown that last years Brunell wasn't the true story. He is better then that. But still, I'd list the QB spot as a need position. While he is better, he hasn't been the answer either.

So true, we come back from 3 turnovers and people just have to Sh*t in someones cheerios. Get a grip and enjoy the win people :doh:

Excuse me brother respectfully . Do you really want to believe that Brunell has had just one bad day ? I you are familiar with his career in Jacksonville than you will recall that the man was a monster throught the regular season always , but , come " nut cuttin' time " at the end of the season and he would choke and ultimately get nuttered and become the unic that he is when it's a pressure game . Today for example , this was a pressure game and it was the CARDINALS !!!!!! Next week is going to be a whole new ball game for Markey Pooh . And if he's in there take my word for it he's going to second guess his timing , hold onto the ball to long with second look recievers wide open and throw it away like he always does or he'll simply throw an interception . He threw alot of them in Jacksonville if you don't remember !!! Don't get me wrong , I always liked the guy in the beginning of the season and he is good when he doesn't think to much and just plays . But , when it's on the line at the end of the season and it matters . CHOKESTER !!!! So, I say give Ramsey a chance for a half and if he's ****ing up than put in Brunell . We should at least shop him around and show what he's worth if we're gonna just let him go anyway .

You know, two of the those interceptions aren't even his fault. If it's tipped by the receiver, how is it the quarterbacks fault?

It's the quarterbacks fault when the pass is too high , to far in front , or too fast to catch and quite frankly there were a lot of passes today that I thought the recievers saved his butt on by making great catches . What good is throwing 3 touchdowns if you throw 5 interceptions . And that was always a possibility when he was in Jacksonville . OH , and don't forget how many fumbles he has this year , hell he starts scrambling and holds the ball out there in space so anybody and his brother can slap it away which happens a lot , be honest . I like Brunell and I think he is a feel good story for the year . But , I also know that he is making so much money that we don't have much spending room and no other team is going to take him in trade , We have two other good quaterbacks in Ramsey and Campbell that should have a good chance to show what they're capable of even if we are going to trade Ramsey we should at least see what we're going to be giving up to trade him . Remember Trent Green ? Stan Humphries ? Sage Rosenfeld ? Even Hasselback ? Do we want to continue to breed good quaterbacks for opponents teams to thrive on ? I think not , Brunells days are over , he's a quality back up for sure . But the kids deserve a chance and Gibbs needs to realize this too . Dallas is going to be a whole different story than today was !!

Archived