Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: U.N. condemns Iran Holocaust remarks

heyholetsgogrant

World Credibility?

Credibility among whom? The Europeans who can't keep their own houses clean? the Russsians who have had revolt after revolt after revolt in the ruins of their country? The Chinese? the Koreans? Third world? Muslim world? Even the UN can't stop from being a bunch of crooked embezzlers.

Just who's opinion are we so worried about?

Look, If others have it better or can do it better, than fine, thumb your noses, but all I see when I look at the rest of the supposed advanced nations is more of the same. Political unrest, rash decisions, terrorism within their borders, racism, rioting, genocidal wars, religious wars, imperialism, military actions in places they aren't welcome...

Yeah, I want credibility with THAT bunch of hypocrites.

F the rest of the world and their opinion. Let them clean up their own houses before pointing at ours.

~Bang

I agree. If you want to look at the credibility of the Europeans look at Africa.

Unfortunately, our current campaign has incitied the Islamic world enough for the radical leadership to still hold power. I don't think we're doing ourselves any good by pissing them off, because as I've said before, we're fighting an ideology, and it's just going to grow stronger the angrier they get. Radical Islam is like an oil fire; you can't beat it by just throwing water all over it. It'll just spread. You need to contain it and wait for it to burn itself out.

The only three things we can do to NOT "piss off" the Islamic world is:

#1. Die.

#2. Stop supporting Isreal, so they can be killed.

#3. Convert and state: "Allah is the only true God and Mohammed was his prophet".

I don't plan on doing any of those.....very soon. ;)

some people just do not realize that the citizens of many of the oppressive islamic states do not have the power or capability to overthrow or even publicly oppose the government. The dictators and ruling class of these countries are almost artfull with their ability to stamp out resistance. Just look at how persuasively hussein stamped out the uprising in iraq after the first gulf war. If anyone publicly or even privately disagrees with him he kills them and everyone they know. This merciless strategy is what would have kept him or his family in power for any forseeable future. The same applies in many of the other countries in that region. It is unfortunate that "help" is needed in order for things to get on the right track in this particular area of the world. This help might costs us but not helping costs much more in the long run.

I think you touched on something incredibly important. EVERYONE was expecting something to happen in Iran with the moderate youth. And by all means, something should have happened.

Nothing happened because those kids found out the hard way what REAL torture is, not the "torture" used by the US that is now so universally condemed by the rest of the world. KInda hard to get an uprising going when you and your family get taken to prison and get beaten, raped and have pieces of you chopped off

Archived