Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know where I can get a Refurbished PC?

Thinking Skins

SurplusComputers

I've never bought a system from them, just some pidly stuff. (All I can remember is a memory stick for a digital camera.)

-----

I'd also recommend:

www.hp.com Online shopping and then either "HP Factory Outlet" for home systems, or "Business Outlet" for their commercial systems.

(I've bought several of their refurb commercial systems. What I'd recommend to most people would be one of the commercial systems, and consider getting their Care Packs: I think it's about $50 to upgrade the one-year refurb warranty to three years, which is what the non-refurb commercial units come with. To me, the HP refurbs have some really good deals on basic, but still pretty new, very reliable, systems.)

(Note, though, if you're looking at the Compaq refurbs: If it doesn't mention a CD drive or floppy, then it may not have one. A lot of commercial systems are being made without those things nowdays.)

(Also, on the Compaq refurbs: Some abreviations

SFF is Small Form Factor, a small desktop

USDT: Ultra-small desktop. (Won't take PCI expansion cards, no bays for FD or CDs. (Has a hole for a laptop-style, plug-in CD or FD drive.))

CMT: Convertable Mini Tower: Rather large system, lots of room for expansion. You can "convert" it to a desktop by removing the CD and FD drives and rotating them 90 degrees.

TC: Thin Client: Not a full PC, it's a "terminal" for use with a Windows Terminal Server.

your best deal and chance would be to go to a local comp store. i got my grandma a comp for ~70 for the box and 17in crt. it had ~1.5 pentium, 256mb ram, 30gb hd, and cd burner (which i stole and sold an ebay and replaced with a dvd rom ;) ). i added win xp and called it a wrap. g-ma doesn't know the difference and thinks i invented this ish. :laugh:

Archived