Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PERFECT WR for us this offseason

REDPepper

Joe Jurevicius.

He has proven himself as capable with multiple teams, although he may lack in speed, he has the ability to catch almost anything that comes his way (a problem we clearly have) and he is a BIG man standing in at 6-5 230 lbs... I honestly cant think of many better fits for us than him...

AND MOST OF ALL, he's an FA :)

What do you think?

Not a bad idea. If we go for a Reggie Wayne, we are gonna get robbed.

seriously, we'll have to significantly overpay him, and without manning stokely james and harrison on teh same field, he clearly wont be as good... id be kidna disappointed if we get wayne for the price we'd be paying

I beat ya to the punch, in this thread however

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130896&page=2&pp=40

:silly::D:cheers:

Joe Jurevicius is exactly the type of reciever we need. He's huge (6'5, 230), a great team guy who is used to being the role player, and a "Joe Gibbs player." He's a proven vet who won't cost much, already has 7 touchdowns, and would be that big target that we desperately need.

We don't need, nor can we afford, a big name like Reggie Wayne. Jurevicious would fit right into our system, and has proven that he can pick up an offense quite quickly.

I would be very happy with a recieving corps of Moss, Jurevicius, Patten, Thrash, and Jacobs.

He's a pretty good receiver' date=' but he is getting up there in age. Once receivers reach 30, you are playing with fire.[/quote']

exactly my point. you have to go with a younger guy who will only get better. this could be jurevicius' career year. you need to bring some more talent to this offense, i would rather have a young guy than a guy like jurevicius who is one hit away from the end of his career.

exactly my point. you have to go with a younger guy who will only get better. this could be jurevicius' career year. you need to bring some more talent to this offense, i would rather have a young guy than a guy like jurevicius who is one hit away from the end of his career.

Techincally, all receivers are one hit away from the end of their career.

And receivers seem to be a huge crap shoot in free agency. In some ways, I would feel better about bring in Jurevicious rather than Wayne. I mean, you know what Jurevicious can do as we has played in a lot of systems with a lot of QBs.

Reggie Wayne is going to break the bank and who knows if he can play outside without Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison.

joe is TOUGH though, dont worry about him, he has shown no signs of slowing down.

also, we are not in a position to build guys right now, thats why we have jacobs and whatnot... brunell is not gonna last forever... give him a guy who can catch the ball!

Techincally' date=' all receivers are one hit away from the end of their career.

And receivers seem to be a huge crap shoot in free agency. In some ways, I would feel better about bring in Jurevicious rather than Wayne. I mean, you know what Jurevicious can do as we has played in a lot of systems with a lot of QBs.

Reggie Wayne is going to break the bank and who knows if he can play outside without Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison.[/quote']

I would also rather have jurevicius over wayne. But still after comparing all the FA WR's I think Antonio Bryant would be the best, cap wise, his skill-set, the fact that he has been consistant and his age are all very intriguing to me as a FA.

Archived