Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We will be fine with Campbell!

lifetimeskin

To all of the naysayers concerning Jason Campbell..........WHY? all the guy did is win in college, he has a great arm amd perfect size for the position, 6'4/6'5- 220lbs. I know qb's ability isn't exactly measured in size but consider this there is more reasons to moving brunell out of the pocket so much just like Doug Flutie.........to see the field! Look at our average height on the offensive line also 6'4 we need a qb who can see passing lanes and open recievers down the field with an arm to get it to them with touch and zip with accuracy. All the guy did at Auburn is win, who cares what the critics say none of them ever have anything good to say about our skins' even when we drafted Rogers last year and Taylor the year before but they are going to be just fine and so will Campbell! Look at the guy's numbers in accuracy, completion percentage and td to int. ratio...all of the stats you look for when controlling the 4th quarter and managing the other 3, and he is mobile enough to buy time what more could you ask for in a qb? WE WILL WIN WITH CAMPBELL! :helmet:

Win what though?? i am in no doubt that JC is going to be a starter next year, its just gotta be the only way to go. look at the Bengals and palmer, Giants and manning, give him a year to get into rythm then the next year hope he performs. But next year if JC does start i cant see us gettin into the playoffs with a rookie QB.

JC certainly has all the physical skills to be a very good QB. Size, enough speed, and arm strength. If you go to the games, get there for the pregame warm-ups for the Dallass or NJ game and watch him throw. He throws a perfect deep ball! His deep pass reminds me a lot of Donovan McScabs, a big rainbow which gives WRs the opprtunity to run full speed right underneath it. If he can grasp NFL defenses, he will be a very good QB. :2cents:

It's too damn early dude. We're 6-6 and mathematically still in the playoff race(although a pretty slim hope.) Even if we lose 2 more games, I doubt Gibbs will put in Campbell. That'll be like throwing in the towel on the season completely.

I say let Brunell play out this year, and hopefully next year too. From then on, see how Campbells progress is, and if the coach as faith in him. Hopefully we can trade Patrick Ramsey(sorry dude) and recieve a draft pick or player at a position we need.

It's too damn early dude. We're 6-6 and mathematically still in the playoff race(although a pretty slim hope.) Even if we lose 2 more games, I doubt Gibbs will put in Campbell. That'll be like throwing in the towel on the season completely.

I say let Brunell play out this year, and hopefully next year too. From then on, see how Campbells progress is, and if the coach as faith in him. Hopefully we can trade Patrick Ramsey(sorry dude) and recieve a draft pick or player at a position we need.

I do not think anyone advocates having Campbell play this year

However some of us who have seen him play live are very optimistic about what he can do given the right system

He has a big accurate arm, can move very well in the pocket and can run for a first down if need be

If he is able to pick up this offense as well as read NFL D's, he is going to be very good

JC certainly has all the physical skills to be a very good QB. Size, enough speed, and arm strength. If you go to the games, get there for the pregame warm-ups for the Dallass or NJ game and watch him throw. He throws a perfect deep ball! His deep pass reminds me a lot of Donovan McScabs, a big rainbow which gives WRs the opprtunity to run full speed right underneath it. If he can grasp NFL defenses, he will be a very good QB. :2cents:

your sig looks like hes holding a dildo

It all depends on whether or not he has the smarts to pick up the game at a professional level. Lots of QB's have the physical aspects but only a few have the aptitude to "get it" at this level. Its all in the melon.

DB

JC faced tough SEC defenses for 4 years - many of whose players are now excelling in the NFL. I'm not saying it's the same speed at both levels, but the conference is known for swallowing offenses. Throughout his college career, people questioned his ability to "get it". Still, he finished every season strong each year under 4 different OCs with 4 different systems. Most people took as a sign that he always "got it", it just took the entire team half a season to fully adapt to the system changes. Opposing teams would try to stop the run and make Campbell win the game with his arm. Last season, it flipped to stopping Campbell first, and then trying to contain the run.

I think he'll be very successful. Of course, he'll make some rookie mistakes. But he's always been good at throwing the ball away, clock management, and having good vision on the field. He's been known to underthrow some deep balls, which will be a killer at this level, but on the whole he's incredibly relaxed and never seems to get rattled. Plus, you can count on him to get the first down with his legs if he doesn't see an open receiver.

TIME TO SHOW YOUR HAND

I think it would be wise for Gibbs to inform Brunell and Ramsey now, that if and when we get eliminated from the play-offs, then Cambell is going in to get some playing time under his belt. That would give Brunell added incentive to not falter, give Ramsey plenty of notice ahead of time, and if it comes down to it, very valuable NFL experience for Campbell.

Archived