Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Will make the playoffs! (Merged)

It's amazing that we beat both the NFC leaders -- Seattle and Chicago -- and I like our chances if we happen to meet them again in the playoffs. I don't want to see the Giants, Cowboys or Panthers (all well balanced teams that will give us fits) but I feel confident we can put up a good fight against just about every other NFC team.

There are a lot of inexperienced QBs in the NFC this year and Gregg Williams tends to have his way with these types...

Don't believe the hype when it comes to the G-Men. The only reason they beat the hell out of us was because they were extremely motivated. I'm not scared of the Giants at all. Panthers are scary, and Cowboys are the Cowboys. The skins can play with anybody. The Chargers are way better than the GMEN and we gave that one away. Sorry but I don't see what's so good about the G-Men.

every teamin the nfc is very beatable for the skins. the team that scares me the most is the panthers, but even they arent that great. right now...the redskins control their own destiny. it feels awesome knowing that if we beat a sub par cardinals team this week, which we should, we're playing a HUGE game december 18th vs dallas, a game that i will be at. how many times has the second dallas game been the biggest game of the season for the skins in the past 15 years. hasn't really happened in my lifetime. LETS GO SKINS. crush the cardinals and bring on the cowgirls. WE WANT DALLS

Drink the Kool-Aid folks,,,,the Lams suck and so does Arizona. The season was lost with those 3 consecutive losses to Tampa, Oakland and San Diego...it would be nice to be 7-6 and ruin Dallas's season.:dallasuck That would be realiistic with this current up and down Redskin team...I still say...PLAY THE KID!!!

its definitely an exciting, and tough race. skins should win against az. putting them even with the boys. i really dont see dallas winning against kansas. but i dont see skins beating dallas or giants so that messes up the division some. carolina is the team that the nfc east stacks up well against. as they won their toughest game of the season yesterday over atlanta. i do believe that the eagles could also catch the skins as they have an easy schedule. the giants also have a tough schedule and may go 2-2 in the remaining games. so the division very well may end as it sits today. but the skins have been overlooking philly since there last defeat of them and that game could very well make or break the season for you.

I was looking at the current playoff race in the NFC, and realized we're even closer to the wild card than I thought. Right now we are only 1 game out of wild-card contention. If we can gain that 1 game next week on the boys and Atlanta, we will automatically have the tiebreaker, because we will have a 7-2 conference record(the best in the NFC next to Seattle and Chicago at 8-1).

Don't forget Minnesota. The Redskins are behind by only one game but they are behind three teams for the last wild card (Dallas, Minn & Atl).

*denotes Redskins beat team. ^denotes team beat Redskins.

*Seattle - #1 division seed.

*Chicago - #2 division seed.

Carolina - #3 division seed.

^NYGiant - #4 division seed.

------------------------

^Tampa - #5 wild card seed.

*Dallas - #6 wild card seed.

------------------------

Minnesota - #7 out by a tiebreaker (1/2 game behind Dallas in NFC record).

Atlanta - #8 out by a tiebreaker (2 games behind Dallas in NFC record).

Washington #9 out by 1 game.

St Louis #10 out by 2 games.

Adapted from another post...

The Race for the NFC Playoffs

(Overall Record, Conference Record, Division Record)

1. Seattle: 9-2, 8-1, 5-0

Schedule: @Eagles, 49ers, @Titans, Colts, @ Packers

2. Chicago: 9-3, 8-1, 4-0

Schedule: @Steelers, Falcons, @Packers, @Vikings

3. Carolina: 9-3, 6-2, 2-1

Schedule: Bucs, @Saints, Boys, @Falcons

4. New York: 8-4, 7-3, 3-1

Schedule: @Eagles, Chiefs, @Skins, @Raiders

5. Tampa: 8-4, 6-3, 2-1

Schedule: @Panthers, @Pats, Falcons, Saints

6. Dallas: 7-5, 6-3, 3-2

Schedule: Chiefs, @Skins, @Panthers, Rams

7. Minnesota: 7-5, 6-4, 4-1

Schedule: Rams, Steelers, @Ravens, Bears

8. Atlanta: 7-5, 4-4, 1-2

Schedule: Saints, @Bears, @Bucs, Panthers

9. Washington: 6-6, 6-2, 2-1

Schedule: @Cards, Boys, Giants, @Eagles

10. Philly 5-6, 2-5, 0-4

Schedule: Seahawks, Giants, @Rams, @Cards, Skins

==============================================

Here's what I project:

NFC West - Seahawks 13-3

NFC North – Chicago 11-5

NFC South – Carolina 11-5

NFC East – Giants 11-5

Wildcard 1 – Tampa Bay 10-6

Wildcard 2 – Redskins 9-7 (win the 3-way tiebreaker because of the sweep of the Cowboys and a better conference record than the Falcons)

Cowboys - 9-7

Atlanta - 9-7

Vikings 8-8

Philly – 7-9

I really hate to say this, but the Redskins have a reasonable chance to make the playoffs even if they lose another game. The only must-win game in this 9-win scenario is against the Cowboys. If the Redskins lose to the Cowboys and win the rest of their games they'll likely lose out the last wildcard to the Cowboys not becaues of head-to-head, not because of division games, but because the Redskins couldn't win an AFC West game. =\

As such, if the Redskins win against the Cards, Cowboys, and Eagles, and lose against the Giants, there's a reasonable chance they get in. This depends on the Falcons going 2-2 against the Saints, Buc, Bears, and Panthers and the Cowboys going 2-2 against the Chiefs, Skins, Panthers, and Rams. Even if Minnesota goes 2-2 against the Rams, Steelers, Ravens and Bears they'll also lose out the tiebreakers to the Redskins as well.

In conclusion, for the Skins to sneak in at 9-7 (A) Redskins must beat Cowboys, (B) Root against the Falcons, © Root against the Vikings, and as always, (D) Root against the Cowboys.

If the Redskins win out, then, barring an amazing finish from the Falcons & Vikes, the Redskins will be in.

more likely scenario....... skins beat rams and will beat arizona. then will win against either raiders or eagles. will probably lose to raiders. will lose to dallas will lose to giants. dallas will probably lose to kansas, will beat skins and rams may beat carolina. giants will have 2 losses. but easily takes their division. philly has a very easy schedule and will lose to giants. so now who gets into playoffs> i think it will be more of the other nfc divisions winning these past games and knocking the wildcard out of the east.

Hey everyone slowwwwwwwwwwwwwdownnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. We need to beat Arizona this week. Focus on Arizona. We beat them as we should, then odds are in our favor with most of the schedule at home. Remember, Arizona beat us last year when no one thought they would. Beat them, Beat them. Then start looking at the playoff possibilities.

more likely scenario....... skins beat rams and will beat arizona. then will win against either raiders or eagles. will probably lose to raiders. will lose to dallas will lose to giants. dallas will probably lose to kansas, will beat skins and rams may beat carolina. giants will have 2 losses. but easily takes their division. philly has a very easy schedule and will lose to giants. so now who gets into playoffs> i think it will be more of the other nfc divisions winning these past games and knocking the wildcard out of the east.

This is America

Speak English

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold
One game at a time, like one steak at a time.

You can't have any pudding till you finish your meat. How can you have any pudding unless you don't finish your meat?

haha oddly stated but a good point. We can not start talking playoffs at .500 with 3 teams ahead of us for the last wildcard spot. Do we have a chance? of course, but I'm not even going to think about playoffs until after (if) we beat arizona. That being said, I think that because the cardinals have zero run game and a mediocre at best rush defense we should be able to beat them much in the same fashion we won this past sunday. However, how many times can you all remember a better and more talented Redskin team taking it on the chin late in the 4th quarter against the then NFC East cards.....

Archived