Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Will make the playoffs! (Merged)

We still do have a chance for the playoffs but there is a very thin ice we are walking on we will have to go 4-5 minimally and 5-5 would probably be more realistic for a playoff spot. I do think the Giants and Dallas will not win all their remaining games but where do you get Dallas going 1-4 ? Let's be honest they are going to do better than that. We still have a chance and seem to be headed for 8-8 or 9-7 but how it will end up is still up in the air. Regardless let's not just get too crazy these teams having winning records for a reason they aren't going to get to the last 5 and lose them all. (Or even 4 of them for that matter)

The Redskins an honest team and honest fans. Be realistic , l :ramsuck: et's be honest.

This is how it works. If we win all of our remaining 5 games, we win the NFC East, but we must win them all.

What this means is that if we win (i mean when we win) all 5 games that gives DAL and NYG both a loss, and those 2 teams play each other this week meaning one of those teams has 2 losses. The other team will surely drop at least 1 more game besides the game against us making WAS, DAL & NYG all 10-6, but we win the East because our conference record will be the best @ 10-2.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

our only chance of making the playoffs is to win out and win the nfc east. we will NOT make it as a wild card. If we win out, most likely we will win the east. that will put dallas OR new york DEFINITELY at 6 losses, and the other one will most likely lose at least one. At 10-6 and 10-2 in the NFC and 5-1 in the division, that will be good enough.

BUT they have to win out. Possible, highly unlikely.

Since there's 5 games left then we have 5 chances to win...so it is possible to finish 10-6. But since we've only won 5 games all year, I find it hardly probable to duplicate our win total in the last 5 weeks.

I'll watch and root, but it looks like another "wait til next year" to me.

If the team plays all 4 quarters they can beat just about anybody in the league except the Colts right now. However, they are only playing 3 and they can't possibly win anymore if they go to play for only 3 quarters and go 3 and outs on offense at very crucial times of the game.

:dallasuck

If the team plays all 4 quarters they can beat just about anybody in the league except the Colts right now. However, they are only playing 3 and they can't possibly win anymore if they go to play for only 3 quarters and go 3 and outs on offense at very crucial times of the game.

:dallasuck

Like the Bucs game??? I'm still pissed about that...just one more first down, and you beat the Bucs 35-28 IN TAMPA...do that, and you almost surely beat Norv's Raiders at FedEx, too...

God...why are you people so negative??? It's football, It's fun....root for your team until the very end. C'mon guys, we still have a chance. Would you guys want all the players to give up like you have?

I agree that we, as fans, need to continue to root for our team, but being overly-optimistic is what gets your heart broken if yours isn't already.

As for giving up, that is still up for debate. If you ask me teams that "give up" give away games. That's something we have done quite a bit this season haven't we? Maybe if we didn't keep "fighting our guts out", we could save some of those "guts" to finish the game off.

One game at a time. That's what I have reserved myself to, no matter how much my heart wants more...This team is great at crushing optimists.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

As bad as things have been, we have played like a great team for stretches this season. I think we can win the next two weeks and that will give us momentum to finish the season. Basically, we beat St. Louis and Arizona and we're looking at three divisional opponents with two in a row at home. We can beat the Cowboys and hopefully by that time we can start clicking again. I know we got blown out by the Giants, but does anybody believe that when we're playing well we can't beat them? This may be unlikely but there's no reason we can't win these next four games. And then to finish the season in Philly at 9-6 with a playoff spot on the line, we will win and finish the season up strong.

Go Skins

Not over yet :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

Tell Chuck and Puncher to open the gates. This cattle is heading to St. Louis baby!! We will own the gateway to the West after this Sunday!!!

1989 - We were 5-6, finished 10-6. It can be done. All of the games left are tough (for us), but winnable. Time for December magic under Gibbs.

Just like when the herd's comin' in - looks like a mess until all the cattle are in their rightful place.

NFC records

Seattle: 8-1

Chicago: 7-1 (guess who that one loss came against :))

Dallas: 6-2

Carolina: 5-2

Washington: 5-2

Right now we have the 5th best conference record. These last two losses hurt alot, but...we still have the 5th best conference record plus and "easier" schedule that most of the other teams still in the hunt...

Even if we do get to the playoffs, so what? It's not like we are going to beat the Colts..

I would just absolutely love for the Colts to pound the ever loving crud out of us in the "playoffs".

To be the sacrificial lamb for the 2nd time to an undefeated team if it happens would be quite an honor!

...hmmm...if the Coilts beat us...hmmm...that must mean....oh yeah...we get in the playoffs and....oh...win 3 games to get to...Detroit:)

Archived