Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Will make the playoffs! (Merged)

Stranger things have happened. Perhaps a meteor will hit the meadowlands on sunday. Ending any hopes of making the playoffs for the Giants and Dallas. While an earthquake opens in Carolina, and swallows the Panthers, and the Falcons, knocking them out of a wild card chase. Then all we have to do is win a few games. I know, the winning part is a reach, But , like I said stranger things have happened.

I dont want to be negative, but Im also optimistic. We can finish 9-7. We play 3 of our last 5 games against teams with losing records and we got dallas and ny at home. Getting to the playoffs is in our hands. We fans will see how much this team really wants it.

And by the way, dont forget there are 3 teams in the nfc south with 7 wins. We got to hope that the Bucs will finish 8-8 or if they finish with a better record , that the panthers or falcons finish 9-7 or worse.

Why? The second wild card will come from our division:

Dallas will finish 8-8...look at their schedule....NY, KC, us, SD, then the Rams.....

NY will finish 10-6........

Us??? beat STL, AZ....so we are 7-6, then well beat Dallas and Philly, not NY .....That makes us 9-7.....

This will happen and we will be in the playoffs....

agree except for one,i think we lose philly game at thier house but we kick the s#$% out of the gnats in our home..whatya think,,,httr:logo:

Obviously we have to win the rest of or games. The magic number is 10-6 for us -and- the other Wild Card contenders. However, this is the way that I see it:

DIVISION

• If the Giants lose to Philly next week and we win our remaining games...we win the division
  • If the Giants ONLY lose to the Skins...the Giants win the division. Which brings us to the possible Wild Card scenarios.

WILD CARD

If the Skins win out their remaining games, that puts them at 10-6 (10-2 in the Conference and 5-1 in the Division. With that being said:

• Atlanta is currently 7-5. 4-4 in the Conf and 1-2 in the Div. They still have 3 Divisional matchups...and I can see them (very easily losing one of them). I believe they are done. Even if they go 10-6..our Div and Conf record is better. Atlanta is the least of the Skins worries.
  • Minnesota is currently 7-5. 6-4 in the Conf and 4-1 in their division. They have 1 Divisional matchup and one Conference matchup left. They have PIT and CHI at home. Even if they go 10-6 with their ONLY remaining loss to an AFC team (like PIT) they will end up 8-4 in the Conf and 5-1 in their Division.
  • Tampa Bay is currently 8-4. They are currently 6-3 in the Conf and 2-1 in their Division. They still have 3 Divisional matchups. We need them to lose 2 games (hopefully NOT to The Pats *afc*). IF they lose 2 more games it will either be to (2) divisional opponents -OR (1) divisional opponent and (1) AFC opponent. If they lose to 2 DIV opponents they will be 3-3 in the Div and 7-5 in the Conf. Plus, don't forget they still play Atlanta.
  • Dallas - If we win out our remaining games we have the tie breaker over Dallas
  • Giants - we need them to lose to Philly..or they pretty much have a lock on the Division. Even if the Giants go 11-5 we still have a shot.

If we can go 10-6. I'm pretty certain that both Minny and Atlanta will be eliminated. I'm also quite certain that Tampa Bay locks up one of the Wild Cards spots. That means if the Skins win out and both Min and Atlanta lose ONE more game...the Skins will grab that last Wild Card.

This is QUITE possible. The Skins control their destiny. All they have to do is win out and they are almost guaranteed a playoff spot. Minny and Atl WILL lose one more game a piece -- even if Minny's only loss is to an AFC team, we tie them for DIV records...but we beat them with our CONF record.

The playoff picture is starting to shape up and Ohhhh, I've got a feelin'......

I was looking at the current playoff race in the NFC, and realized we're even closer to the wild card than I thought. Right now we are only 1 game out of wild-card contention. If we can gain that 1 game next week on the boys and Atlanta, we will automatically have the tiebreaker, because we will have a 7-2 conference record(the best in the NFC next to Seattle and Chicago at 8-1).

It's amazing that we beat both the NFC leaders -- Seattle and Chicago -- and I like our chances if we happen to meet them again in the playoffs. I don't want to see the Giants, Cowboys or Panthers (all well balanced teams that will give us fits) but I feel confident we can put up a good fight against just about every other NFC team.

There are a lot of inexperienced QBs in the NFC this year and Gregg Williams tends to have his way with these types...

Archived