Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's it all Mean?

Trippster

All this talk with scenarios about how the Redskins can still make the playoffs and What's it all mean that the Redskins choked away the last three games? All it means is that we probably won't be able to go get stomped by the Colts.

I take the perspective that there is only one winner each year and 31 losers. It is true that the playoffs are nice, considering we haven't been in a while, and it's good to get playoff experience. But this is not our year. We should be happy that the Redskins are better this year than they were last year. Our hope should be that the Redskins are better next year than they are this year.

We need to be realistic and stick with coach Gibbs. The likelihood of any team beating the Colts are the same as any team in '91 beating our beloved Redskins - not happening!

I don't buy it. I would like to buy it, but I don't. I think there is a chance for any team to beat any other team in the NFL on any day. The Skins could get to the playoffs and be a totally different team. The only undefeated season is the POSTseason. The first 16 games are only give the opportunity to really compete. :dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

We should be happy that the Redskins are better this year than they were last year. Our hope should be that the Redskins are better next year than they are this year.

We need to be realistic and stick with coach Gibbs. The likelihood of any team beating the Colts are the same as any team in '91 beating our beloved Redskins - not happening!

Are you kidding me? Sure we should be happy we are better than last year and HOPE that we will be better next year. But what you are saying is there is no point in HOPING we go the playoffs??? Our ONLY hope should be we're better next year?? NO WAY! I agree that its an entirely different season in the post season. I sure HOPE the players don't buy in to your 'throw in the towel' mentality.

I pull for the skins to win so that I can continue to have a rooting interest during games. There are five games left now, but if we lose to St. Louis, guess how many games there are... ZERO. The rest of the season doesn't matter if we can't make the playoffs.

Because we're playing must-win games now, some may say we've ALREADY made the playoffs. :D

The Pats will knock off the Colts in the second round. It will be a choke job of epic proportions.......

As for the Skins. If you don't want your team in the playoffs, why even bother rooting for them?

You put alot of faith in the Patty Cakes considering the fact that throwing the ball 40 times a game with no run game does not a playoff team make.I also think the choke job of epic proportions was the Steelers lose last year in the playoffs.Tell me that wasn't embarrasing in their own house with the supposed #1 defense.At least the Colts were in the the Pats house during thier losses.Remember that the Colts have home field advantage pretty much locked up and control their own destiny.Although,I will admit nothing less than a ring will be considered a choke with the way they are playing.

Archived