Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pathetic Playcalling...MERGED

skinpride1

You know I am so sick of complaints of playcalling. If the players execute we don't have this stupid...nay...idiotic thread.

I have said it before. One player doesn't execute and we are still complaining that 70 chip was the dumbest play call in Super Bowl history.

This play calling has been the Redskins MO all season... its really easy for the defense to stack it up because they know exactly what we are going to do... I know if we execute this point is irrelevant, BUT we cant execute, so we have to use a play in our bag of tricks that they arent expecting... why keep running when its not working nor has it ever worked..?

You know I am so sick of complaints of playcalling. If the players execute we don't have this stupid...nay...idiotic thread.

QUOTE]

What a cop out statement. Sometimes the coach needs to simply play more to strengths - of players, the situation, in a particular game, etc.

The facts bearing on this debate of playcalling over the past 3 weeks way heavily against the calls made by this coaching staff.

Yes I concur the no balls playcalling has hurt an awful lot...

But..has anyone figured out yet that we don't have solid number 2 or 3 receivers who can get open on a regular basis to throw the ball as efficiently as we'd like to..

Jacobs and Farris???

come on..

I would like to see us try anyway but I understand the delimna a little at least..

think before you post please...

that wasn't the problem this week, this week it was bad decisions by the Qb at the worst possible times and horrible playcalling (and bad running blocking at the wost possible times). But mostly it was bad playcalling and coaching. No other explanation for consistently trying to get the ball to Royal.

And Jacobs, Cooley, and Farris, all played pretty well this time around. Portis did ok too, though most of the passes that went his way were nor so good.

Last week the receiving was bad, but this week that was not the problem, and as for not having receivers, that is Gibb's fault anyway, and one that is his job to rectify. That is not an excuse for bad playcalling or losing, in this organization.

It just seems that the Skins offense can't churn out yds when they need to get physical. I rememeber them once running out the clock while having the lead. The Vikings gm last season. I think the Skins were up and the Skins ran out the last like 7 minutes. The Viking never saw the ball again. ooops but who was the RB. Betts? Clinton doesn't seem to get what I call money yds. I cringe in short yardage situations with him. Being physical is about attitude. I mean Tomlinson for instance to me can get physical as well as break one long. People talk about stacking 8 in the box. So what? There are several backs who hit it up in there regardless.

"You know I am so sick of complaints of playcalling. If the players execute we don't have this stupid...nay...idiotic thread.

I have said it before. One player doesn't execute and we are still complaining that 70 chip was the dumbest play call in Super Bowl history."

Maybe Gibbs forgot that the Chargers are #1 against thr un in the NFL or did he think Clinton Portis could carry the whole offense.

And as for execution......

Only a select few were given opportunites to execute. The WR's can't do much when its 3 straight runs up the gut. Yeah Rabach made a dumb holding play but if we'd made an earlier FG which was easily possible would it have come to that?

When you call the same plays in the same situation week in and week out it becomes....ummmmm whats the word im looking for here....oh yeah PREDICTABLE. The offense does the same things over and over and the defense? well thats another story. If the pass D is looking good the run D looks like @#$%^$# and vice versa. The sad part is that this team at the start of the year just went for it, now they sit on it. We are nowhere near as aggressive as we were at the first half of this season. Until Williams turns this D loose and and they let the offense go wild instead of conservative playing we are gonna be in this situation week in and out for a long long time

Miami - the team that lost 22-0 to the CLEVELAND BROWNS last week, has put up 30 points on oakland. Now, I know we have more talent than miami. This is all the evidence you need that coaching and playcalling are to blame. Tom coughlin goes for the throat. Bill parcells goes for the throat. You know that if a team plays like crap, these guys are gonna be throwing chairs around, yelling at people, raising all hell, until their players respond. These are also coaches that do whatever it takes to win. They'll take risks to win, even with a lead. Look at holmgren who just went for it on 4th and 1 with a lead and in field goal range. Would gibbs ever do this? No. Gibbs constantly looks frustrated and confused on the sidelines, and I can't picture him chewing anyone out behind the scenes. Most importantly, he doesn't go for the kill. I really hope he turns this ship around, but the coaches are to blame for this teamwide lapse since week 5 or 6. The players made mistakes today, but it's the coaches that are holding this team back. Their miscalculations only magnify the mistakes by individual players.

Gibbs runs the ball too much in the fourth quarter.. dont u hate it when we always leave it 3rd down and gots to pass.. with the lead our offense has been like this all yr in the fourth... run, run, pass, its gotten too predictable..... i dont blame one player.. i blame the whole team especially the coaching staff.... we must adjust to the new NFL speed.. less conservative playcalling.. more first downs on 1st and 2nd downs in the fourth quarter.. remember that long td drive in the 4th that brought it 17-7... we should of kept that pace, continue attacking.. don breux, jack burns, joe gibbs.. fix this problem plz, stop putting the games on our d shoulders!!! DOnt u hate it, when we lose, there are the dumbest thread... embarras to be a skins fan sometimes by our fans and the games we played.. seriously....

playcalling did not lose us this game. what lost us this game was allowing the big runs tomlinson got. Also if rabach didnt hold we would of had a 42 yard field goal insted of 52. playcalling defiently helped us lose but it wasnt why we lost.

Although I am a huge Gibbs fan, he just can't help himself. He is so conservative with a lead. A ten point lead in this league is nothing. The Giants scored 10 points with 3 minutes left in the fourth quarter. He must get with it, and shake it up. The Portis runs are so obvious to other teams they know how to line up for each and every play. He is too predictable, and should have learned his mistakes over the last two weeks. If he doesn't break himself of this habbit, he will lose many more games before retirement.

playcalling did not lose us this game. what lost us this game was allowing the big runs tomlinson got. Also if rabach didnt hold we would of had a 42 yard field goal insted of 52. playcalling defiently helped us lose but it wasnt why we lost.

And do you know WHY LT had the opportunities to make those big runs? Because we had 6 three and outs in the 4th quarter. So yeah the playcalling was the reason we lost in a sense.

Actually, Gibbs first time around, he did the same thing he is trying to do now with the lead. nothing is different. gibbs, with the lead in the 4th qt always ran the ball and took major time off the clock and even scoring TDs. major difference between the first time around and now is that Gibbs had that big back and of course the HOGS. lets face it. these so called dirt bags arent even closed to being compared to the HOGS. lets not forget, the HOGs were probably the best Oline NFl has seen period. also , Backs that could run through the defense and get that hard 2 or 3 yards for the first down. Gibbs is trying to do what he did back in the days with mediocre o line and RB that is not Riggins. i keep thinking Gibbs will realize this and change scheme but for some reason, he is not. i dont know what else to say.

IF GIBBS WANTS TO DO WHAT HE DID FIRST TIME AROND, HE BETTER FIND HIMSELF A NEW RB BECAUSE IT AINT WORKING WITH PORTIS, UNLESS HE CHANGES HIS PLAY BOOK.

Amazing how we do absolutely nothing on offense in the 3rd and 4th quarters and then when the Raiders and Chargers tie the game we attempt to pick up the pace and go nowhere. The offense has to stay in a rhytmn. This playing not to lose is actually playing not to win.

Well, no turnovers today. Average amount of poor calls by the refs. Deffence created turnovers. Some unfortunate penalties near the end. Good plays on both sides of the ball for the Skins, yet we lose a 10 point lead and the game. Poor Playcalling - oh yea.

2nd down on San Diego's 26 yard line, 1 minute remaining. Like to get alittle closer for the FG attempt to win the game, run it up the middle, no brainer, but no.......a stretch play run to the right resulting in no gain and a 10yard holding penalty. That was trickey!

Then on 3rd and 14 from the 36? we need a quick pass for 10 yards to get back in FG range, but no it's a run to the left for a loss. Huh?

I get it now, call the dumbest play and they'll never suspect it right? Wrong.

How about throing 1 yard passes on 3rd and 2? Punting on 4th and 1, in FG range?

Skin56 said it well today, "you need a much better deffence to support that conservative of an offence (Gibb's)"

Gibbs has to realize that this D is not the same D as last year, we can't just sit on a lead.. how many games does it take to show that..

you can't go conservative with 14mins to go in the 4th..

On our best drives, passing game what was getting us the yards..

Portis getting 1 yard , 2 yard and 3 yards isn't going to win games..esp against these good Os we have been and will face...

arggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh... so frustrating..

Archived