Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Goodbye Frost, and other thoughts.

feeshta

Well I think it's official at this point. Derrick Frost has no buisiness mascarading as an NFL punter any longer. This guy has cost us all season, and once again cost us dearly in the field position battle today. I don't care if Groom is inconsistent, Frost is consistently aweful. Also, Hall has been kicking off extremely short, which is hurting us on field position as well. Robert Royal needs to get his head checked after that performance. He clearly has some sort of commitment isses, not wanting to be tied down to a ball for more than a milisecond at a time.

Any doubts I may have had about the officials not being biased were erased in the fourth quarter of this game. The officials handed the chargers a win on a silver plater today. They call an extremely questionable holding on Rabach to push us out of Field goal range, a non-existent illegal contact on Rogers, a valid but almost always non-called offsides on Clemens(there were chargers doing the same thing all day that were not called), and to top it all off they do not call the blatant hold that helped spring Tomlinson's TD in overtime. I'm sick of people who say this is not a valid point of disusion, it is. There have been too many cases of obvious bias in the way calls have been made and also not made, to ignore it. It is quite simply unacceptable that this should be allowed to continue by the NFL.

The play calling needs some work. I'm glad they did not abandon the run in the second half, but what in the hell is Chris Cooley doing in to block on third and 7 all second half? They were simply too predictable, and they need to learn that you cannot play to protect a lead in this league. It simply does not work. They let their defense hang out to dry with all those damn three and outs in the second half, and they squandered every opportunity they had to put the game away by not going for the kill. Any defense in this league is going to have a good chance of stopping you when they know that your three plays are going to be Portis to the right, Portis to the right, max protect two man route pass play all night. They needed to take some shots when SD had nine men in the box to stop Portis late in the game. Even if you only get ten yards rather than a big gain it's still a first down, and that's all that matters in this game.

They finally won the turnover battle and they still squandered it. You have to understand that SD has a great offense, and the only way to stop them is to keep them off the filed and also make them work for it on field position. They gave SD great field position all day(did they start inside their own 20 even once? NO!!) Keeping the SD offense off the field means you need first downs, not that you simly run the ball and waste 2:30 of clock time a possesion. you need to convert, and to do that you have to throw the ball beyond the first down marker, which we did not do. Simply too predictable and conservative.

Hey Coach Joe, give Coach Paterno a call over at PSU and take some notes. Joe Pa has learned that you can no longer win consistently with conservative play in todays game, Coach Gibbs needs to learn that as well and not listen to Don Breax any more. I love you coach, but you know it has to change. Don't you?

Frost = Garbage he needs to go. 30 yard punts. come on.

The thing is, every week some phase of the game lets us down even when other areas are corrected. Finally force turnovers and win the turnover battle...but then, dumb penalties at the worst time possible, and a constant theme..playing not to lose instead of playing to win. it's bad.

How is it possible, that a thread asking why we have Derrick (Noodleleg) Frost on our roster isnt the first thing I see on this forurm. I personally beleive that he was a major factor in our loss today.

We had 5 plus punts today that should have landed on the 10-20, that land on the 30-40. If you ask me, thats the deciding factor in this game tonight. Put Sd on thier own 10, its a whole diff world than them being on thier own 40. I see high school games on a regular basis that have better punters, Andy Groom is a better punter. Is Derrick banging Synders sister?? There must be a reason why this is not a topic.

Joe Gibbs has lost his talent to evaulate players. Frost suxxx. So does our play calling late in the game when we are ahead.

If Frost is still here by mid-week, I will agree with you.

Gibbs needs to start holding his players accountable for their horrendous play.... but instead of doing that, he holds a press conference after the game about how this guy fought his guts out and that guy fought his guts out... hell, even if the guy drops 3 passes or kills us with 30 yard punts, he's a hero and fought his guts out... I'm sick of it.

How is it possible, that a thread asking why we have Derrick (Noodleleg) Frost on our roster isnt the first thing I see on this forurm.

Because you're to lazy to look? Because you haven't figured out how to type his name in the Search engine & hit the 'enter' key? Because you like to create even more work for those of us that keep this place running?

Because you're to lazy to look? Because you haven't figured out how to type his name in the Search engine & hit the 'enter' key? Because you like to create even more work for those of us that keep this place running?

No, because this site is so commercialized within the Redskins that no logical posts hang for more than 10 seconds before an "i hate Gibbs" posts takes full steam. Not that its the mods faults, its just that ole extremeskins is hit the masses too strong and bigger aint better.

Why is it year after year we cannot seem to get a decent kicking game. Thank god Jonh Hall has come back and played well, but as for Frost, he is a joke. Who on the Redskins staff thought this guy was worth signing.

Heck, I think a high school punter could do better. He was sitting home for a reason. now we also know why. There were more games than not, when a good punt was needed, he choked. How can a professional only kick the ball 30 yards?? We need to look for a punter this offseason, and a backup for Hall because of his injury proneness.

Archived