Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell Should Finish Season If Skins Lose To Chargers.

melonhead1959

It won't happen. Until Coach Gibbs becomes dissatisfied with Brunell's performance, Mark will remain the QB.

There is nothing in Joe Gibbs' history to indicate he subscribes to the principle of sitting a player who he thinks is playing well, to insert another one just so that other player "can get experience".

This would give JC some valuable playing experience, since at 5-6 the Skins playoff chances would be virtually nil.

Nothing to lose....:dallasuck

Are you a Denver fan, because I can't think of a good reason to throw in the towel when we could potentially be 10-6. STL, ARI, then the three against the East, those are all winnable games but what the hell lets just call it quits if we lose today. Maybe if we ever become eliminated from the playoff race will this argument hold any weight.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Are you a Denver fan, because I can't think of a good reason to throw in the towel when we could potentially be 10-6. STL, ARI, then the three against the East, those are all winnable games but what the hell lets just call it quits if we lose today. Maybe if we ever become eliminated from the playoff race will this argument hold any weight.

:applause:

Finally!

We are still in the thick of things. It is far too early to give up.

No, I was a Redskins fan long before you were born....seen many more games than you have obviously. My point is, why not make preparations to develop JC's talent. Brunell is near the end of his career, and Ramsey's future in D.C. is uncertain at best.

Prepare for the future!

No, I was a Redskins fan long before you were born....seen many more games than you have obviously. My point is, why not make preparations to develop JC's talent. Brunell is near the end of his career, and Ramsey's future in D.C. is uncertain at best.

Prepare for the future!

I agree with last part of your statement but you just don't throw in the towel if you could be 10-6, that's ludicrous to even think that's a viable option. How would Gibbs justify that to the team who bleed and been busting their humps for him?

To tell a team the seasons over with 5 games to go when you're obviously still in the playoff hunt is called quiting, that my older more knowledgeable friend is a ridiculous theory to even consider.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I agree with last part of your statement but you just don't throw in the towel if you could be 10-6, that's ludicrous to even think that's a viable option. How would Gibbs justify that to the team who bleed and been busting their humps for him?

To tell a team the seasons over with 5 games to go when you're obviously still in the playoff hunt is called quiting, that my older more knowledgeable friend is a ridiculous theory to even consider.

how good can Brunell be with a team who lost 6 of 8? Bring in the young guy. Brunell is being overrated for being bad so last yr

how good can Brunell be with a team who lost 6 of 8? Bring in the young guy. Brunell is being overrated for being bad so last yr

Then you go into the locker room and tell 53 professionals you think the seasons over so Campbell should start. Campbell will not be an improvement over MB so in essence at 5-6 you are throwing away the rest of the season and a potential shot at the playoffs, that would be the worst possible message Joe Gibbs could send this team.

It is real easy to sit back as a fan and justify every theory that comes along as a good idea, but put yourself in CP's shoes see it the way Lavar would see it, your coach has no faith in you and is quitting on you, would you want to play for a coach like that.

I agree that if the season is lost then play the rook but until then it is a crazy idea to even think Gibbs would consider playing JC with the playoffs on the line.

']The Giants threw in the towel last year and it is paying big time this year.

You guys had the #1 pick in the draft and had no serious playoff aspirations last year, thus affording you guys the opportunity to play Eli. I know you guys started fast last year but you faded quickly, maybe we do the same thing, I don't know, not to mention the Eagles were CLEARLY the class of the division and were not going to lose the East. As of now all three teams have a legitimate shot at the crown. I just don't see Gibbs quiting on this team.

Prepare for the future!

Brunell is 35 years old, Bledsoe is 40! Why does everyone say hes at the end of his career when hes throwing better passes then any QB in this league? :doh:

Prepare for the future!

No offense, but time alive is no guarantee of competency or expertise in anything, not even survival these days, melonhead. He may indeed be put in a bit towards the end, but there are numerous reasons con as much as pro on starting Campbell anytime this season. But most of them been listed in other threads of the same subject. The Search Feature is our friend. :cheers:

Archived