Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins' fans 05 predictions

WVSkins79

Before the season even started and so many of our fans did what they always do, predicted 11-5, 12-4 or 10-6 and they said "if you look at last season, a lot of games could have gone either way" and I said SO WHAT??? WHAT IS YOUR POINT???? Maybe some of those people who said that could answer my question: What made you think the same thing wouldn't happen this year?? What made you think the Skins would not lose any close games this year???

I say no better than 8-8. They will beat the Rams and the Cardinals, and possibly have 1 win against either the Giants, Cowboys or Eagles. That is it at this point. Very depressing. It was pretty much a must win, they were at home, and they didn't win. Nothing else you can say.

Gibbs is rebuilding. If you really think he can fix it in 2 years, you're dillusional. But you gotta have hope. Brunell has looked great at times, and terrible at times. That has more to do with the lack of protection though than him. You need some help on the O-Line, D-Line, WR, and maybe CB. That's alot of holes to fill. Rogers could cross one of those off the list. A solid draft is definately a must for you guys this next off season

10-6 at best, 9-7 at worst. Our schedule is relativley easy down the stretch. This was a wake up call for us. I think we'll take advantage of the many upcoming opportunites on our schedule.

Both of the division leaders (NY and Dallas) have to play us at our place. The Chargers will be complacent and the 'skins will be stoked next week. The Cardinals should be easy. The Eagles should be easy. We should be able to go 11-5, but we'll find a way to lose 1 or 2. A wild card is still realistic given our schedule.

For those of you getting upset, remember we were 3-7 at this point last year. This team has improved and will continue to do so. I know its hard to believe it now, but they have fight and will muster a good run for us down the stretch.

Nice to know that somebody is optimistic. I try to be REALISTIC. Why am I going to think like you, that this was a wake up call for the Skins and they will get their act together and only lose one of their last six games??? I ask myself, why wasn't LAST week's game a wake up call?? It was another close, heartbreaking loss, their 4th in 6 games, and now they are coming back home. Why wasn't that a wake up call??? It's occured to me that the Skins just aren't that good.

10-6 at best, 9-7 at worst. Our schedule is relativley easy down the stretch. This was a wake up call for us. I think we'll take advantage of the many upcoming opportunites on our schedule.

Both of the division leaders (NY and Dallas) have to play us at our place. The Chargers will be complacent and the 'skins will be stoked next week. The Cardinals should be easy. The Eagles should be easy. We should be able to go 11-5, but we'll find a way to lose 1 or 2. A wild card is still realistic given our schedule.

For those of you getting upset, remember we were 3-7 at this point last year. This team has improved and will continue to do so. I know its hard to believe it now, but they have fight and will muster a good run for us down the stretch.

I'm curious. What makes you say "9-7 at worst".

That's a pretty bold statement there. I mean, next week you play the Chargers, who are a very good football team.

You still have to play that pesky team from New York that blanked you a few weeks back.

You've got a game against us still.

You end the season AT Philly, which could be tough depending upon how healthy they are.

I think if you were being realistic, you'd say "9-7 at best, 7-9 at worst". How a team that's lost five of its last seven is "9-7 at worst" is what I don't understand.

But kudos to the skins fans who are actually supporting the team. It cracks me up seeing the hundreds of posters who right now are calling Mark Brunell a piece of trash (again), these posters who a month or two ago wanted him in the Pro Bowl.

Credit to the people who aren't complete knee jerk fans.

At this point I hope 8-8 and anything better than that will just have to be a pleasant surprise. I think I predicted 10-6 but many more games like today and it'll be 6-10. I hope they can pull it together over the next few games and finish strong.

:gaintsuck :dallasuck

I'm curious. What makes you say "9-7 at worst".

That's a pretty bold statement there. I mean, next week you play the Chargers, who are a very good football team.

In short, we are headed into the soft part of our schedule.

We are 4-1 at home and 2-1 in the division. We play both the division leaders in our house, imagine that. Our next opponent is at home too.

We also have two sub-.500 team on our schedule - Philly and Arizona. Unquestionably, they both are beatable.

St. Louis is the only team I'm really worried about. But hey, any given Sunday right.

Of course all these games actually have to be played. But, I see no reason not to expect 4 or 5 victories. I look forward to seeing you guys at FedEx!:cheers:

In short, we are headed into the soft part of our schedule.

We are 4-1 at home and 2-1 in the division. We play both the division leaders in our house, imagine that. Our next opponent is at home too.

We also have two sub-.500 team on our schedule - Philly and Arizona. Unquestionably, they both are beatable.

St. Louis is the only team I'm really worried about. But hey, any given Sunday right.

Of course all these games actually have to be played. But, I see no reason not to expect 4 or 5 victories. I look forward to seeing you guys at FedEx!:cheers:

I'm honestly worried about our game in Fedex. I think that if your team has ANY emotion in it, that's going to be a big game, which could come down to the wire.

However, I think your record at home being so impressive isn't all that its cracked up to be.

You beat the Bears by two, when they were being led for the first time ever by Orton

You beat Seattle (Well, I think that was at Washington), but it was close

You beat the Niners...yeah.

And you beat the Eagles coming off of the TO suspension and in complete dissarray.

I'm not saying that you don't have the advantage in Fedex, but I wouldn't be so certain about your home superiority. If you can lose to the Raiders at home, you can drop most any game you have left, although I'd be utterly shocked if you didn't beat the Rams or the Cardinals (as in, one out of the two).

:cheers:

i was thinking about 7-9 before the season started...and i see no reason to alter that prediction at this point. this team has its back up against the wall now, and we all know how they perform when they're under the gun...duck and cover.

the way things are falling right now, i see us losing the next three...then, after we're totally out of it, we'll win 2 of our last 3...kinda like last year's garbage time wins.

just a pattern that i've tended to notice with this team over the better part of the last.......ooh.., 13-14 years?

:sigh:

I'm honestly worried about our game in Fedex. I think that if your team has ANY emotion in it, that's going to be a big game, which could come down to the wire.

However, I think your record at home being so impressive isn't all that its cracked up to be.

You beat the Bears by two, when they were being led for the first time ever by Orton

You beat Seattle (Well, I think that was at Washington), but it was close

You beat the Niners...yeah.

And you beat the Eagles coming off of the TO suspension and in complete dissarray.

I'm not saying that you don't have the advantage in Fedex, but I wouldn't be so certain about your home superiority. If you can lose to the Raiders at home, you can drop most any game you have left, although I'd be utterly shocked if you didn't beat the Rams or the Cardinals (as in, one out of the two).

:cheers:

excuses, excuses....we may suck right now but no need to make ignorant statements.

Didnt the Cowboys lose to the Raiders? Didnt the Raiders beat the Redskins? DIdnt the REdskins beat the Cowboys?

....but then again a win is a win right? Get my point?

I would almost gaurntee we beat the Chargers than turn around lose the following week to Arizona....just a hunch. That sounds like the Redskins I know.

Good thing thats not even possible.

They play the Rams after the Chargers.

I'd be happy with this season if they finish 9-7. Anything less than that is a disappointment as far as I am concerned. They have a team that is good enough to beat any other team in the league so why lose close games that should have been easy wins, and do it 2 weeks in a row like that?

Archived