Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Portis better then any back we have faced?

BrunellSuperbowl

the only guys i give you Portis being better then is Juilis Jones and the Bucs running back

Lamont jordant has 1100 yards from line of scrimmage already. That is killing Portis, Lamont was better last yr , better in college

Stephen Jackson is better then Portis

Tiki Barber better

Alexander better

LT better

Holmes better

The Denver backs maybe push, obvious Portis not better, these backs have huge games all yr

The only backs in the league that are clear cut better than Portis are LT, Alexander and Edge. Then there is a group of 2nd tier backs which includes Portis, Barber, Jackson, Jamal Lewis (even though he is having a bad year) , Larry Johnson, LaMont Jordan, McGahee, and Warrick Dunn who are hard to measure when you take every aspect of their game into account... (blocking, picking up blitzes, yards, pass catching, propensity to fumble, TDs)

Portis is the 8th leading rusher in the NFL by yardage. He is averaging 4.5 yards per carry which is great. His TDs have been down but we just cannot open a hole for the guy most of the times at the goalline and we use our TEs and Hbacks a lot in the red zone.

Portis is better than EVERY RB we have faced.... but our OLine isnt as good as those other teams IMO. Watch them, they get pushed back BEHIND the line of scrimmage constantly , they should be pushing them back the other way.

Running backs performances start UP FRONT - unless of course your name

was Barry Saunders.

lets seee portis is younger then julious jones

portis is younger then thomas jones

portis is younger then holmes

portis is younger then LAmont jordan

portis is younger then westbrook

portis is younger then alexander

portis is younger then tatum bell

portis is younger then tiki barber

portis is younger then barlow

yea portis sucks and he wont get any better right!!!!!!!hes 24 omg no way hes gona get better:rolleyes: 24 thats old:laugh:

I'm a bit of a Portis apologist. Not quite on the LaVar level, but nonetheless an apologist.

With that out of the way, how do you think any of those runningbacks you've listed would do with our offense last season? Would they rush for 1300 plus yards in 15 games? How would they do with this offensive line blocking for them?

I think Clinton is a victim of the overpriced offensive line right now. When he had a good line in Denver, Clinton was a dynamic back. Right now he's not but that's due to the line. His considerable talent is allowing him to still put up some pretty good numbers, just not great ones.

Oh, and for the record, the only back we've faced or will face that I would want ahead of Clinton Portis is LT jr (sorry there's only one true LT). I don't believe any of the other backs would do better (and most would do worse) with this O line.

lets seee portis is younger then julious jones

portis is younger then thomas jones

portis is younger then holmes

portis is younger then LAmont jordan

portis is younger then westbrook

portis is younger then alexander

portis is younger then tatum bell

portis is younger then tiki barber

portis is younger then barlow

yea portis sucks and he wont get any better right!!!!!!!hes 24 omg no way hes gona get better:rolleyes: 24 thats old:laugh:

See if this helps you, because I have NO idea what you tried to say.

http://www.informatics.susx.ac.uk/doc/punctuation/node02.html

Portis is a AWESOME overall back...but 50 million dollars and a shut down corner for him...no thanks. Hes 25 million dollar back at most if hes lucky...suprisingly he got really lucky...We can thank Drew Rosenhaus for this...

he is not awesome

He has no moves , he has nothing , he just runs straight foward and tires to bounce it out to the side. I never seen him make his man miss accpet for the first game last yr

Stephen Davis is the type of back we need. Takes like 4 guys to tackle him.

week 1 vs Bears, Thomas Jones , Portis push

week 2, Juluis jones Portis Push

week 4 Alexander over Portis

week 5 Tatum Bell vs Poris , Tatum Bell

Week 6 Preist Holmes vs Portis, Holmes

week 7 Portis vs brian westbrook, westbrook better overall

week 8 Portis vs williams of Bucs, probaly Portis

week 9 Portis vs Lamont Jordan, Lamont better overall

And this is our 50 million dollar back?

you can do the same thing with Brunell, he is probaly better then one of the QBs we faced all yr

Then you hear threads , laughing at people saying Portis being overrated

rest of schedule

Portis vs LT , LT

Portis vs Stephen Jackson SJ

Portis vs Cards , Portis

Portis vs Jones , Push

Portis vs Barber , Barber

Portis vs Westbrook , Westbrook

Portis is a middle of the pack to lower level back. stop getting it twisted

are you nuts I am sick really sick. Our fans pick westbroke and other of CP STOP KNOCKING ON PORTIS LETS SEE YOU GO OUT THERE AND RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you really a fan?

week 1 vs Bears, Thomas Jones , Portis push

week 2, Juluis jones Portis Push

week 4 Alexander over Portis

week 5 Tatum Bell vs Poris , Tatum Bell

Week 6 Preist Holmes vs Portis, Holmes

week 7 Portis vs brian westbrook, westbrook better overall

week 8 Portis vs williams of Bucs, probaly Portis

week 9 Portis vs Lamont Jordan, Lamont better overall

And this is our 50 million dollar back?

you can do the same thing with Brunell, he is probaly better then one of the QBs we faced all yr

Then you hear threads , laughing at people saying Portis being overrated

rest of schedule

Portis vs LT , LT

Portis vs Stephen Jackson SJ

Portis vs Cards , Portis

Portis vs Jones , Push

Portis vs Barber , Barber

Portis vs Westbrook , Westbrook

Portis is a middle of the pack to lower level back. stop getting it twisted

isn't portis like top 7 in rushing?

the only guys i give you Portis being better then is Juilis Jones and the Bucs running back

Lamont jordant has 1100 yards from line of scrimmage already. That is killing Portis, Lamont was better last yr , better in college

Stephen Jackson is better then Portis

Tiki Barber better

Alexander better

LT better

Holmes better

The Denver backs maybe push, obvious Portis not better, these backs have huge games all yr

you have your opinion and I have mine, I think your wrong. Its like your taking some of the backs and trying to make a case that there better than portis. Only ones I can really say are alexander, lt, and holmes. Everyone else is equal or worse.

he is not awesome

He has no moves , he has nothing , he just runs straight foward and tires to bounce it out to the side. I never seen him make his man miss accpet for the first game last yr

Stephen Davis is the type of back we need. Takes like 4 guys to tackle him.

no moves, no nothing lol, have you not watched any of the highlights ive made this year. He ripped the #1 bears defense for over 120 yards and the #2 bucs for 140. Damn dude I just don't get you. LOL takes 4 guys to tackles davis, hes averaging like only 3 yards a carry this year. Plus everytime he fumbled for us he would act like he was hurt.

Archived