Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Portis better then any back we have faced?

BrunellSuperbowl

week 1 vs Bears, Thomas Jones , Portis push

week 2, Juluis jones Portis Push

week 4 Alexander over Portis

week 5 Tatum Bell vs Poris , Tatum Bell

Week 6 Preist Holmes vs Portis, Holmes

week 7 Portis vs brian westbrook, westbrook better overall

week 8 Portis vs williams of Bucs, probaly Portis

week 9 Portis vs Lamont Jordan, Lamont better overall

And this is our 50 million dollar back?

you can do the same thing with Brunell, he is probaly better then one of the QBs we faced all yr

Then you hear threads , laughing at people saying Portis being overrated

rest of schedule

Portis vs LT , LT

Portis vs Stephen Jackson SJ

Portis vs Cards , Portis

Portis vs Jones , Push

Portis vs Barber , Barber

Portis vs Westbrook , Westbrook

Portis is a middle of the pack to lower level back. stop getting it twisted

the only ones you can argue is Jones vs Portis

even if you get that , 12 of the 16 games the other team has a better running back

And our running back 15 out of the 16 game is making more money

And then you hear trading Portis threads and people mocking it

Portis was rated the second most overrated back by NFL football players in SI

you can do the same thing with Brunell, he is probaly better then one of the QBs we faced all yr

rest of schedule

Portis vs LT , LT

Portis vs Cards , Portis

Portis vs Jones , Push

no westbrook isnt better overall. He cant block as good as portis, isnt as elusive as portis, and they are both equally good recievers, so pleadse dont say that. And you are tellin me that a rookie running back Marion Barber is better than portis. Prove It. When it comes down to stats, portis is the third leading rusher out of all the backs we will have to face, behind Alexander and LT. And how is tatum Bell better than portis when he doesnt even start anymore? Also prove to me how Lamont Jordan is better than portis? Even with portis's 2 fumbles, he still is a more complete back than Jordan. Be a realist. And Portis is better than Julius Jones by far. Jones is injury prone and hasnt proved anything this season b/c he is always hurt. Holmes is 32 and hurt and is looking like he will retire after this season.

I totally agree. Most teams would like Portis, but not at the cost of a shut down CB. You could have saved the money of signing Springs, and probably kept Smoot.

Portis was not worth the money, or player given up to him. RB is one of the easier positins to find in the draft.

Not easier, EASIEST.

Holmes is hurt and 32 years old. I would not take him over Portis.

What it ultimately comes down to is the best backs are put into systems that allow them to show off their skills. We are going to see that next week with Tomlinson.

The Chargers have an offensive system that is built around his talents in the run game.

I can't say that the Redskins have made the same commitment to Portis. He certainly doesn't get the same number of touches he used to get.

to me the Redskins on offense are still a unit in transition. Portis was used as a battering ram last year and this year he is being used more in a Roger Craig type role as a runner and short yardage receiver.

He's still on pace to rush for 1,300 yards despite the limited touches in some games.

how can anyone consider that to be a failure? Especially as his yards per carry average is up almost three quarters of a yard over last year?

I would say Holmes, Alexander and LT are really the only ones that are clearcut better then Portis....

Thats BS. All of those running backs had better yrs last yr and this yr. Barber?, Tatum Bell? Thomas Jones this yr?

Are you kidding me?

Portis is not talented, He is flamboyant. He was drafted in second round for a reason. He does nothing outstanding. He is average back. He does not break the long ones , or get shot yardage, He is living off name

He is the Stephan Maurberry of the NFL. He puts up ok numbers but everytime he faces somebody you can swear the other guy better

no westbrook isnt better overall. He cant block as good as portis, isnt as elusive as portis, and they are both equally good recievers, so pleadse dont say that. And you are tellin me that a rookie running back Marion Barber is better than portis. Prove It. When it comes down to stats, portis is the third leading rusher out of all the backs we will have to face, behind Alexander and LT. And how is tatum Bell better than portis when he doesnt even start anymore?

Why did you highlight Tiki? I don't really agree with the original post but Tiki is a better back at this point then Clinton.

no westbrook isnt better overall. He cant block as good as portis, isnt as elusive as portis, and they are both equally good recievers, so pleadse dont say that. And you are tellin me that a rookie running back Marion Barber is better than portis. Prove It. When it comes down to stats, portis is the third leading rusher out of all the backs we will have to face, behind Alexander and LT. And how is tatum Bell better than portis when he doesnt even start anymore?

Its Tiki Barber, not Marion Barber.

no westbrook isnt better overall. He cant block as good as portis, isnt as elusive as portis, and they are both equally good recievers, so pleadse dont say that. And you are tellin me that a rookie running back Marion Barber is better than portis. Prove It. When it comes down to stats, portis is the third leading rusher out of all the backs we will have to face, behind Alexander and LT. And how is tatum Bell better than portis when he doesnt even start anymore? Also prove to me how Lamont Jordan is better than portis? Even with portis's 2 fumbles, he still is a more complete back than Jordan. Be a realist.

lol tiki barber a rushing champion having a great yr is not better then portis? come on

get real. Portis is a overrated stiff. Just because you have his jersey does not mean he is good. Lamont JORDAN HAS MORE TOTAL YARDS FROM THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE THEN PORTIS DOES. So does Tiki BArber.Stop it man

yo are you kidding me about brunell?

brunell has been great this year... and its ridiculous that some people

are asking for ramsey back?

brunell is in the top of the pack in terms of QB ratings and stats

the only guys i give you Portis being better then is Juilis Jones and the Bucs running back

Lamont jordant has 1100 yards from line of scrimmage already. That is killing Portis, Lamont was better last yr , better in college

Stephen Jackson is better then Portis

Tiki Barber better

Alexander better

LT better

Holmes better

The Denver backs maybe push, obvious Portis not better, these backs have huge games all yr

yo are you kidding me about brunell?

brunell has been great this year... and its ridiculous that some people

are asking for ramsey back?

brunell is in the top of the pack in terms of QB ratings and stats

great hmmm

vs bears , push with orton

vs cowboys he stunk up the joint accept for the last 4 mins, i call it push with bledose

vs seahawks , played well in spurts, hassleback was the better qb

vs broncos , out played plumber

vs cheifs out played green

vs giants stunk it up

vs 9ers was great , but that is vs 9ers

vs eagles , was ok, mcnabb playd better

vs bucs fumbled the game away,

today awful

that is like under 500 in out playing the other teams QB. He has been average at best this yr.. His only two good games vs good were both loses at KC and at Denver

Do not hype him up because he has a low INT ratio. He has a low int ratio because he throws the ball more then any QB in the history of the NFL because he does not want to lose his job

rest of schedule

Portis vs LT , LT

Portis vs Cards , Portis

Portis vs Jones , Push

you are very rough on portis. I'm a cowboys fan and I'd say that the only back that is better than Portis that you've faced thus far would be Alexander

Portis is definitely better than westbrook, julius jones, lamont jordan, priest holmes and tatum bell.

you are very rough on portis. I'm a cowboys fan and I'd say that the only back that is better than Portis that you've faced thus far would be Alexander

Portis is definitely better than westbrook, julius jones, lamont jordan, priest holmes and tatum bell.

you do not watch the games or even look the stats, Westbrook, Preist holemes, Lamont Jordan are killing Portis in total yards from line of scrimmagee

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Is this one of these portis is not being used right? I knew Portis was a fraud when he was saying how the coaches did not use him right.. Any player who talks like that is a overrated bust. That is the frist thing you hear from Kwame Browns and Rod Gardners.

Is Santana Moss being used right? You job is to beat your man on the football feild, simple as that

I totally agree. Most teams would like Portis, but not at the cost of a shut down CB. You could have saved the money of signing Springs, and probably kept Smoot.

Portis was not worth the money, or player given up to him. RB is one of the easier positins to find in the draft.

Let's get one thing straight... Roland Bailey is not a shut down corner. He is a top tier corner but he gets burned too much to carry the term shut down.

Portis is a top 10 back if you consider everything that he does.

Archived