Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: al-Zarqawi killed by explosions in Mosul

Sarge

come on now Sarge- we all see on the TV that we never kill or capture real terrorists in Iraq.

everyone on the left knows they are just Sunni "Freedom Fighters" who would be tending their sheep if not for the American occupation..

Nice try Cane. It's going to be hard to rile people up against the evil liburals in this thread - we all hate Zarquawi and wish him dead.

This guy is harder to kill than Rasputin. Jeez.

I'm hopeful that his death will have an actual (and large) impact upon terrorist activity in Iraq given his direct involvement with operations.

As an example in contrast, bin Laden's death, while important, would be more symbolic given his less direct role with operations.

The report says that they are performing DNA tests on the bodies. Question: Where did they get previous DNA samples from Zarqawi in order to match them up? What am I missing?
Not from him, from family members. That is, unless they've got specimens from prior hide outs that they've raided (e.g. hair on a comb, drinking cups he used, etc.)

No updates I guess....

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/11/22/051122161512.06wiw87k.html

US using 'technical means' to see if Zarqawi killed: official

Nov 22 11:15 AM US/Eastern

The United States is using "technical means" to verify if Al-Qaeda frontman in Iraq Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed in battle, US coordinator for Iraq James Jeffrey said.

"We are using technical means to try to verify that," Jeffrey told reporters in Jordan during a videoconference from Washington.

"We are looking into the incident in Mosul but we have no indication at this time that any of the dead were Mr Zarqawi," said Jeffrey, who served as deputy chief of mission in Baghdad from June 2004 to March 2005.

"I don't have any more information for you on that," Jeffrey added.

Media reports have said Jordanian-born Zarqawi, the Al-Qaeda frontman, might have been among a group of insurgents killed in battle in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul on Saturday.

Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari told Jordan's state-run news agency Monday that the Baghdad authorities were carrying out DNA tests on the bodies of insurgents killed in the battle to check if Zarqawi was among them.

US military commanders have said they were continuing the hunt for Zarqawi, who has a 25-million-dollar US bounty on his head.

"We have no indication that Zarqawi was killed and we will continue operations to search for him," a US military spokesman told AFP in Baghdad on Monday.

he has actual relatives all over the place in Jordan just like Bin-Laden does in Saudi Arabia.

we have enough DNA to know when we get him..

My guess is that he is always back in Syria- we may never find him if he is sitting at a desk in Damascus.

My guess is that the Syrians are feeling way, way, way too much heat right now for that. If the CIA sniffs out that he is behind a desk in Damascus with the approval of the Syrian gov't, here comes the 101st airborne.

My guess is that the Syrians are feeling way, way, way too much heat right now for that. If the CIA sniffs out that he is behind a desk in Damascus with the approval of the Syrian gov't, here comes the 101st airborne.

Actually the 101st hasn't conducted a forced entry parachute assault since WWII. Where you at AirborneSkins? Tell him a little something about the "Double AA".

Point taken, just messing with you a little. Conventional forces would likely not be used.

Archived