Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some ideas on how our draft could go.

portis&taylor

(ramsey traded for 4 round pick)

I was watching college football last week and come up with this for our draft.

Round 2 Darryl Tapp DE 6-1 265,

POSITIVES-Tapp is an extremely athletic lineman with great speed off the snap. He routinely makes plays behind the line of scrimmage against both the run and the pass. He is a hard worker that is constantly trying to make himself better. Tapp has worked hard to add muscle every off-season in order to hold up better against the run. He plays with good technique and will keep fighting if he doesn't get by with his first move. Tapp is a solid tackler that isn't afraid to hit a ball carrier. He has been a very productive player at Virginia Tech and he has progressively gotten better each year there. As is the case with many Hokies, Tapp has also had his share of success as a special teams player in kick coverage and he has even blocked a kick.

WEAKNESSES- For some unknown reason Tapp doesn't get the publicity that other stud ends get. He does have the typical college defensive end knock of all speed and no strength, but Tapp plays the run well enough to be a factor. It remains to be seen how well he will hold up at the point against a NFL offensive lineman.

Round 3 Tyrone Moss RB 5-10 221,

Impressive junior running back who takes over as the starter heading into the 2005 season...Has loads of potential and could be the next 1,000- yard rusher in UM history...Developed into a key player over the final three games of the 2003 season, then served as team's No. 2 running back in 2004, backing up Frank Gore...In two seasons, has rushed for 956 yards and scored 11 touchdowns despite not starting any games...Has three career 100-yard games...Played extensively as a true freshman in 2003...Has breakaway speed and exceptional peripheral vision...Low-to-the-ground runner who is surprisingly powerful for a player his size and is able to change direction without losing speed...Particularly effective running between the tackles and near the goal line...Criminology major.

Round 4 Cedric Griffin CB 6-2 205,

Cedric Griffin has been a standout in the Longhorn secondary since his freshman season. Rotating between strong safety and corner, he finished with 73 tackles, three for loss, and a sack. As a sophomore corner, Griffin had 48 tackles, and his first career pick. In 2004, he tallied 68 tackles, three for loss, and two interceptions.

Griffin is one of the more physical corners in the draft. His game is based on hitting people. Whether it is jamming a receiver at the line, attacking the line of scrimmage, or laying the wood on players, he lets you know he is around. Griffin has played both corner and safety at Texas, and could project at either position at the next level. He's athletic enough to pla corner, and tough enough to play safety. He's also an excellent special teamer.

Whether it is at corner or safety, Griffin simply does not make enough plays on the ball. He'll break up some passes, but rarely makes the big play. He is not refined at either spot, so he'll need some time to develop his skills at whatever position a team drafts him at. Griffin also lacks elite speed to keep up in deep coverage with receivers.

With his versatility, Griffin will draw a lot of interest from NFL teams. He has the talent to play any defensive back position, but where he plays will depend on the scheme. I like him at corner, but he'll never be a big playmaker at the position. He does not have good enough ball skills. Griffin could hear his name called on Day 1 come April, especially if he times well in post season workouts.

In the later rounds I think we will draft for o-line and d-line but I am not quite sure who. I like really like tyrone moss I think he will last till the third because he will be out the rest of the year with a hurt knee but if we can get him he would be a great fill in for betts who is leaving after this year. I also like Cedric Griffin the Corner because springs wont last forever and I am allready tired of seeing harris get burnt.

Tapp is a small DE that will be engulfed by the NFL left and right tackles. His hype is growing and will probably be off the board when we pick in the late second round. Manny Lawson I think has more upside then Tapp but his problem is his weight and will be a better 3-4 OLB(rush end) then 4-3 every down DE.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Tapp is a small DE that will be engulfed by the NFL left and right tackles. His hype is growing and will probably be off the board when we pick in the late second round. Manny Lawson I think has more upside then Tapp but his problem is his weight and will be a better 3-4 OLB(rush end) then 4-3 every down DE.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I am sure that you heard this before but the knock on Freeny was that he was a small DE too.

Patrick Ramsey, you don't think we can get anything better than a 4th rounder? Theres no decent QBs out there right now. Look some teams are using people from NFL europe they are so desparate.

If we trade our second and Ramsey to a crappy team for their second and a 3rd rounder...that might be a good option.

what year is Santana Moss's brother Sinorice Moss

b/c i've been watching him, and he is quite good imo. I think he would fit good in gibbs system, and would replace patten perfectly. plus he would learn from his bro.

A ham sandwich and a dozen Jumbo Blue Crabs would do a fine job replacing Patten. If we can add some Old Bay on the side we would be lucky.

what year is Santana Moss's brother Sinorice Moss

b/c i've been watching him, and he is quite good imo. I think he would fit good in gibbs system, and would replace patten perfectly. plus he would learn from his bro.

We need like a solid #2 like Wayne...him and Moss were teammates at college as well. It would be really wierd having 2 brothers at the same position on the same team. As a matter of fact we would have 2 pairs of brothers if we did this, the Clemons brothers, and the Moss'.

We need like a solid #2 like Wayne...him and Moss were teammates at college as well. It would be really wierd having 2 brothers at the same position on the same team. As a matter of fact we would have 2 pairs of brothers if we did this, the Clemons brothers, and the Moss'.

yea we would, but sinorice could learn from santana, and yea i do agree that we need a solid #2 like reggie wayne or randle-el, but i just dont see the redskins making a move to get one of those guys, and i think they will try to work with the recievers they have now and focus mainly on the draft. But it would be nice to have a product #1 and #2 reciever that we can count on to make plays. Not just 1 go-to guy, but 2 :logo:

Archived