Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 weeks in a row, no Skins game on AFN

Fletch1

Man, AFN isn't showing the Skins game again this week. Sometimes sucks being overseas. Any other outlets to catch the game on. I can't rely on SportsCenter because they show highlights of the other team, even if we win. Does anybody out there with Field Pass recommend it?

:logo:

AFN?

:confused:

Armed Force Network?

Sorry, too busy venting. Armed Forces Network. Just checked the schedule of games, and we are not on it again. I am having withdrawal. Just moved to Japan from Virginia and need my fix. My brother taped the 49er game and mailed it 3 weeks ago. Still aint got it. Doesn't help that we only have dial-up available for now.

I'm with you Fletch. I live in Guam right now(originally from Virginia Beach).

From what I noticed, they always play the teams that are in first place. Last week they put on Seattle vs. Rams. I get ESPN here, but the Skins will not be on anymore this year. So basically if the Skins aren't in 1st, then I will have to watch the crappy highlights on ESPN.:mad:

you would think of all teams, the WASHINGTON Redskins would always be on an armed force network.... especially since so many military people in DC at some point in their carrers.

I thought the Skins were the adopted team of all politicans and service men/women :whoknows:

My god you are sooooo out there. Why, in a military that takes in people from all over the WORLD much less all over the US, would you think we would adopt the Skins? And on top of that, you, in your totally objective way of thinking, would surmise that AFN should show the Skins?? Let me let you in on a little secret. AFN even tells you how they come to decide what games to show. As the playoff races become more heated, they tend to show the teams who are most likely going to be in the playoffs... apparently as evidenced by the 36-0 shellacking your Skins got a few weeks ago, (oh yeah, they gave that game away out of sympathy... riiiiiight) the people that matter decided that the Skins most likely aren't going to be one of those teams... so ixnay on your Skins being shown. Get over it. Not everyone loves the Skins.

My god you are sooooo out there. Why, in a military that takes in people from all over the WORLD much less all over the US, would you think we would adopt the Skins? And on top of that, you, in your totally objective way of thinking, would surmise that AFN should show the Skins?? Let me let you in on a little secret. AFN even tells you how they come to decide what games to show. As the playoff races become more heated, they tend to show the teams who are most likely going to be in the playoffs... apparently as evidenced by the 36-0 shellacking your Skins got a few weeks ago, (oh yeah, they gave that game away out of sympathy... riiiiiight) the people that matter decided that the Skins most likely aren't going to be one of those teams... so ixnay on your Skins being shown. Get over it. Not everyone loves the Skins.

:laugh: you are really becoming pathetic.... seriously get out more

I hate to tell you this.. But AFN shows all the teams.. You used to be able to vote on thier website as to which game you could watch. I am sure that it has changed. But let me ask you this.. If your theory is correct, why is it that I saw atleast 1/2 of the Skins games when I was in Korea ( 2000- 2001) Afghanistan ( 2002 - 2003), and both times in Iraq ( 2003 -2004 )? We sure weren't pushing for the playoffs then..

I'll tell you one thing, though, I really do appreciate the jobe skins fanatic and sableholic do with the highlights. You guys are saviors for us who are geo challenged. Thanks!

I did notice that they are playing all FOX games for the early ones and CBS for all the late games. Maybe they'll switch to a late game again?! Damn. Withdrawal. Also makes me hate ESPN more. Crappy highlights.

This is coming from the guy who says that the entire NFL officiating crew of a game conspired to keep his team from winning. Talk about pathetic.

Hey numbnuts!!!

let's see...they called a force out when there was none.

They called offside on the blocked INT when there was none..both outside guys went on ball movement at the exact same time.

and they showed the hands up TD sign on Allstots run before he could have ever crossed the plane because we have visual evidence that it didn't cross until sometime after his elbow landed 6 inches in front of the goal line.

That's 3 completely one-sided made up calls in one game....now troll on!

Hey numbnuts!!!

let's see...they called a force out when there was none.

They called offside on the blocked INT when there was none..both outside guys went on ball movement at the exact same time.

and they showed the hands up TD sign on Allstots run before he could have ever crossed the plane because we have visual evidence that it didn't cross until sometime after his elbow landed 6 inches in front of the goal line.

That's 3 completely one-sided made up calls in one game....now troll on!

Yep... it's a conspiracy. Hey, since you are accusing them, why don't you enlighten me on the REASON the NFL would have to conspire against the Skins? You accuse someone, you better have a motive.

I'm actually quite surprised how many Skins games I've been able to watch in Iraq. I'd guess about 5 or 6, but I'm not really sure (although, the MNF and Sunday Night games are always gonna be on). It's disappointing yes, but there's always someone around whose team IS on...

I really doubt that the NFL has it in for the Skins -- but if the owners of the NFL were to hate one particular owner (and thereby his team) -- I'd say Dan Snyder would get the outcast vote everytime.

He's the most successful of the lot (and correct me if I'm wrong) and the youngest. If that doesn't get under old rich men's skin -- then the sky isn't blue. If you want motive -- Dan Snyder pissing in their cheerios time and again should do nicely.

Archived