Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaVar Leap on the 2 point conversion

sonsofwashington

The thing that would've really made this leap effective would've been Sean Taylor doing the same from a different angle. Marcus Washington was blocked out of the play pretty easily. Wynn got major penetration, and you can also see left guard Dan Buenning pull and dive at Lavar's legs. He missed them, but what would've happened had Lavar been on his feet?

its was part of the play for lavar to stuff the top as you all saw on the replay we had members stuff low and it just so happened that allstot did not leave his feet on that play like the previous runs for touches. Either way i thought they stopped the runner.

If the official had not made the call for the score and it was reviewed up top, they would not have over turned it. From the sketchy angles and the call made on the field i guess the officials couldnt over the turn the call made on the field.

so i blame it all on the side judge who ran up with a late TD signal. ahahhahaha

anywayz... gotta look to the next game... RAIDERS are gonna get ripped.

For all of you insulting the author of this thread, probably have only watched football games, and never played. The truth behind tackling is, if you leave your feet, odds are you lose. It's fundamentals. Could a offensive lineman block that way?? Oh, I'll jump up in the air, and hope the runner runs into me. The reality of this, is it was a desperate move on an idiot mistake to jump offsides on an extra point. There was little ground to defend, so the only way to of stopped this was to not jump off sides in the first place. I will take Alstot on a 1.5 yard run on any defense. Everyone has a valid point, but you cannot tackle with your feet in the air. Talk to any defensive coach, he may say leaping is possible, but not probable in the NFL. So quit insulting people who question something that has a valid point. I guess you know it alls can explain how you run 3 plays to Clinton Portis with 2 minutes left, basically giving up on an offense that had scored 35 points. Coaching was to blame in the loss, the defense stayed home on Sunday, they fumbled and gave Tampa the ball in scoring range 4 times. End of story.

I've never played football? :laugh:

Okay there, guy.

You can't really blame him. That call probably came from Williams. Alstott had jumped over the pile the last 2 times, and there was no reason to believe he wouldn't do it again.

Agreed. Every highlight I saw of Alstott had him in the air over the pile on previous plays. Had Alstott needed to go higher to get over a blocker or defender, Arrington would have turned him into red mist and bone powder. Instead, he only got a glancing blow. That's why there's a betting line in Vegas, I guess.

Not even going to talk about the fact that Alstott was down before going in because of his elbow landing short of the goal line anyways.:mad:

All the people criticizing Lavar are just a bunch of damn whiners. That was a damn good move imo, and he DID help stop alstott from getting into the endzone. When you watch the replay, his leaping hit, although off, did push alstott back just enough to keep him out of the endzone.

If you listen to his interview the guy has balls, he's certainly not the p*ssy that was going for the lazy tackle. He said he lept over the pile to hit alstott HEAD ON, but you can see in the replay that someone hit him a split second before and shoved him to lavar's right, so that made lavar go to the left a little. Lavar could NOT stay on his feet because there were guys all in front of him and that was the only play to be made. I'm glad to see lavar's back in there because he's a helluva playmaker! :applause:

Alstott had already gone over the top twice. I thought it was a good decision. He didn't go over the top, so Lavar didn't have a shot at him. But last time I checked Ryan Clark had his hands on Alstott in the backfield and didn't capitalize on the opportunity.

Actually yes he did, Alstott didn't get in...

Actually Ryan Clark tries to wrap him around his waist (which isn't really low or high)...but it does seem like this contact slows Alstott down...and then you see Arrington fly over the top to the position Alstott would have been if Clark hadn't been there. I'm not blaming Clark..but blaming Arrington in this case is just silly.

Archived