Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's What Chris Simms Had To Say

Fan035

"I thought the pressure was so-so. They came early with a double-corner blitz and another couple of times they came late. But in between, I didn't get much pressure at all."

Gregg Williams may have had the third-ranked defense a year ago, but this is 2005, and the defense is not getting it done.

As for Chris Simms, I'd like to ring his neck.:mad:

The defense had a weak game, but I still blame the offense for this loss(actually, I blame the refs, but if I must blame someone for the Redskins). You can't turn the ball over 3 times and expect to win. I realize the interceptions were good defensive plays, but our receivers could have stepped up and made good catches. When the QB hits you with the ball the way Brunell did on the two interception the fact that you were hit isn't an excuse for not catching it.

We cant do some of the blitzes we were able to throw at offenses last year b/c Springs has been banged up out there, Taylor was out last game and has been banged up, Walt Harris is playing horrible right now, and Carlos Rogers is a rookie.

When you blitz like we did last year you have to have two corners that are okay to leave out on an island, like Smoot and a healthy Springs. We dont have that, the loss of Smoot has been huge. Someone between Harris and Rogers really needs to step up, I'd rather see Rogers in there b/c though he is a rookie his tackling is much much better.

For the GW TD that the Bucs scored we sent one of our best blitzers (Shawn Springs) and Walt Harris was left 1 v 1 on the outside and got beat by some no name WR. Last year we were able to blitz whoever b/c our CB's were so good.

Greg Williams defense takes 3 things to run at a high level. A very good safety, who was out yesterday. Fast athletic LB's which we have, and at least 2 CB's that are excellent in 1 v 1 man coverage. Which we dont have right now, Rogers will eventually be there hopefully but right now he's not, Springs does his thing, and Harris has not been dependable like we hoped he would be.

You cant blame Greg Williams for this b/c right now we just dont have the personnel to get pressure on the QB. It's why we drafted Rogers so high when we could have used a big WR or possibly a DE.

Losing Smoot has turned out to be a disaster for both us and him.

The reason there were deep balls thrown today, and hardly any thrown in other games this season is simple! SEAN TAYLOR! Our defense was missing two huge keys sunday, Griffin to plug the middle up and Sean Taylor roaming sideline to sideline.

So in reference to the "ST is over rated" clique in other posts.... here is a prime example of what can happen to one of the best pass defense w/o our "over rated" safety.

The reason there were deep balls thrown today' date=' and hardly any thrown in other games this season is simple! SEAN TAYLOR! Our defense was missing two huge keys sunday, Griffin to plug the middle up and Sean Taylor roaming sideline to sideline.

So in reference to the "ST is over rated" clique in other posts.... here is a prime example of what can happen to one of the best pass defense w/o our "over rated" safety.[/quote']

I have to admit that today was an education about Taylor's importance. I've been ****ing about his freelancing, penalties, and bad angles all year.

But without him back there as a mistake eraser, our secondary is horrifying.

Archived