Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You can't be conservative on the road. Thanks JG

Blondie

This loss can be attributed by both a poor defensive performance and pathetic offensive coaching decisions that did not consider the inability of our defense to stop the Bucs. The game was in our hands, we relinquish the ball through neutered offensive play calling, and completely crater on defense. There are a number of other examples of our ineptitude that cost us the game. For example, #80 needs to shut his mouth and make a play (see dropped passes, hand-served INT, etc), turnovers, turnovers, ... Please don't blame the refs, they should have never been in the position to have dramatically affected the outcome of the game.

I agree. How many long touchdowns can you allow in one game, in fact, one year. I would've liked to see a play action on that 3rd and 2 but I'm not upset about that one. With the way Portis had been running it's a reasonable call. We all would've said it was gutsy if it had worked. Patten has been a complete dissapointment all year. He never makes the one on one play, he drops the ball a lot and he's not pyhsical at all. He was absolutely owned on that interception. The refs did screw up some calls, but they did both ways. Our D just couldn't get a stop.

None of you are paid coaches and for a good reason. If you did coach any team I watch, I would quit being a fan.

So be quiet and make me another order of fries.

Another brilliant post. Goth, this guy disproves what you are saying. We have just as many posters like this that would support you than the reverse.

I'd also point out that DieselPwr and I are hardly 'noobs.'

you are a fool

and incomplete pass stops the clock, a sack could lead to another fumble.

real easy to make the call AFTER the play.

Exactly.

Plus we were up by 7 at the time. So why risk stoping the clock when the worst that could happen (that you would think) is it goes into OT.

Other than the turnovers we moved the ball on them all night.

If I had to complain about something about this, the only thing would be maybe we should have ran it with Sellers. It's great to have confindence in Portis, and I think he deserves it...but when you got another back twice his size...

Well, this MY FELLOW FANS is Gibbs' REDSKIN football.

So, all of you who were not around in Gibb's first tenure here, before you go off (as my late dad would say) half-****ed, notice what HE CAN DO with the plays he calls.

Yes, he calls screens......but he really is a genius on offense.

Please give him the respect he deserves.

Blondie

Amen Blondie! I was around to see Gibbs in his first go around. He is a great coach. If we can fix the turnover problem (Gibbs will), then we have a Super Bowl team!

To all the posters who agreed with the run up the gut on 3rd and 2:

What's the difference between that situation and going for it on 4th and 2 earlier in the game? IMO, both situations were just as dire given the circumstances.

Gibbs just had a brain fart at the wrong time is all......

Or, maybe since the Skins had already run the bootleg pass in a simular situation Gibbs thought they would be expecting that. Giving them too much credit.

So easy for people to question a simple play call that doesn't end in success. So you're basically saying you know better than a HOF coach with 3 SUperbowl rings?

keep the clock going with a run. low chance of a turnover. GOOD chance for a 1st down. (look at the rushing stats for the SKins for the game)

Not that a pass would have neccesarily been a bad call either.

Root for the team. curse and yell at the TV all you want.

I don't even mind a good debate over a call over when to punt, go for it, kick the field goal, etc.

I remember hearing idiots complain about Gibb's "predictable" play calling during the 80's every couple years. He'd simply win another SuperBowl and shut the nay sayers up for a while.

Don't claim to be smarter than the coach when it comes to a pass/run play call on offense. It's the worst, most idiotic way to "Monday morning quarterback".

Only a fool thinks he'll get 2 yards on a stacked D when they need a stop on a run up the gut.

Sure, you MIGHT get it, but you don't call the play like that and you certainly don't, when your D has SUCKED all game, play for the lead and the ball in the opponent's hands.

Also---Frost BLOWS. At what point does this fact enter Gibbs brain and that the D is hurting and not playing well?

Could not have said it better myself...including your Frost comment.

So easy for people to question a simple play call that doesn't end in success. So you're basically saying you know better than a HOF coach with 3 SUperbowl rings?

keep the clock going with a run. low chance of a turnover. GOOD chance for a 1st down. (look at the rushing stats for the SKins for the game)

Not that a pass would have neccesarily been a bad call either.

Root for the team. curse and yell at the TV all you want.

I don't even mind a good debate over a call over when to punt, go for it, kick the field goal, etc.

I remember hearing idiots complain about Gibb's "predictable" play calling during the 80's every couple years. He'd simply win another SuperBowl and shut the nay sayers up for a while.

Don't claim to be smarter than the coach when it comes to a pass/run play call on offense. It's the worst, most idiotic way to "Monday morning quarterback".

Man don't give me this. Its the same call that he made last year and we lost the Dallas game.

but lets look at the facts here

Bucs number 1 D against the run.

They know, because they have seen Gibbs and his conservative approach its going to be a run.

We run up the gut...with portis not Betts. Where is the damm strech play, like a pitch back at least.

Gibbs has to realize sooner or latter that he doesn't have John Riggins, or George Rodgers to pound the ball in there.

Well, this MY FELLOW FANS is Gibbs' REDSKIN football.

So, all of you who were not around in Gibb's first tenure here, before you go off (as my late dad would say) half-****ed, notice what HE CAN DO with the plays he calls.

Yes, he calls screens......but he really is a genius on offense.

Please give him the respect he deserves.

TY Blondie, the Redskins kept fighting back and Im very proud of them. If we have Taylor at safety today, we win by at least 2 Touchdowns :point2sky

[Forget for a second that our D (with a little help from the refs :))gave up 36...]

The Redskins offense just scored 28 points against the #1 defense!

Our special teams scored!! When was the last time that happened!?

We gained close to 400 yards! Again, against the #1 defense!

Portis ran wild!

We're getting close to having an offense that can stay with and beat anyone in this league.

35 points!

When was the last time we scored that much against a good team?

Serious question.

In 2001 we scored 35 against the 7-9 Giants and 40 against the 7-9 Saints. In 2000 we scored 35 against the 7-9 Mark Brunell led Jags. So I guess you have to go all the way back to the Norv Turner classic. Our first game in '99 we when lost to the 8-8 Cowboys was the last time we put up 35 against a team without a losing record. '99 was the last time we went to the playoffs.

This offense is capable of getting us places.

Archived