Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You can't be conservative on the road. Thanks JG

Blondie

Well, this MY FELLOW FANS is Gibbs' REDSKIN football.

So, all of you who were not around in Gibb's first tenure here, before you go off (as my late dad would say) half-****ed, notice what HE CAN DO with the plays he calls.

Yes, he calls screens......but he really is a genius on offense.

Please give him the respect he deserves.

Blondie

Hey this drive was full of great plays that were called by Gibbs. I just dislike when he has drives full of bad plays. 3rd and 2 in the redzone with Portis averaging 9.8? Questionable. Also the two quick WR screens to Patten on consecutive 3rd downs? Questionable. I love Gibbs. He is a great coach. I question some of his calls, but on the same token, I'm not the one with the 3 superbowl rings :)

Only a fool thinks he'll get 2 yards on a stacked D when they need a stop on a run up the gut.

Sure, you MIGHT get it, but you don't call the play like that and you certainly don't, when your D has SUCKED all game, play for the lead and the ball in the opponent's hands.

Also---Frost BLOWS. At what point does this fact enter Gibbs brain and that the D is hurting and not playing well?

If the defense would've had any testicles in the 4th we wouldn't even be talking about Alstott right now. Walt Harris, man, how many times did he get burned? The easier part of our schedule is coming up but we really have to step it up. It'll take 10 wins to get in the playoffs this year. 9-7 will give you a ticket to a flight home for the playoffs.

you are a fool

and incomplete pass stops the clock, a sack could lead to another fumble.

real easy to make the call AFTER the play.

Of course an incomplete pass stops the clock, but guess what? Who is watching that game and doesn't know TAmpa marches RIGHT down the field (And that Frost would choke with a bad punt.)

And it's not easy to make the call after---people were calling that Gibbs would go into his typical shell(just like at Dallas last year and Philly last week) before the Skins even got the ball. Hell, they were lucky it was only 3rd and 2.

It's not even that he runs, it's the TYPE of run that he calls to get these things done. If an opponent stacks the line and NEEDS the stop, it would be wise to call something with an element of misdirection or maybe even a pass.

Because with a first down the Skins win the game.

Sometimes as a coach, like Vermeil last week or Gruden this week, you have to look at what your team is doing in a particular game. Gibbs obviously didn't and put it in the hands of an inferior D (this week.)

"dont blame joe gibbs, u idiot we had the lead and got robbed"

Hey you Idiot, Joe Gibbs playing calling was one of the factors that the Skins lost.

Be quite and get yourself another cup of Kool Aid.

I suppose you would've done a much better job calling the plays! Fact of the matter is that we're 0-2 VS the Refs this year. Gibbs' play calling was excellent all game long, and if you don't see that then you don't know much about football. We put up 35 on the # 1 defense in the league, but you say Gibbs' play calling was part of the reason we lost.....!? Wake up brother.

This isn't the first time he's done this.

When you play conservative in close games on the road, you lose, especially when your defense is playing like crap.

The defense was getting shredded in the passing game, anyone watching that game couldn't have felt confident about the defense stopping them.

Show a little gall and try to make a play instead of leaving it all on your defense who is not even close to what it was last year.

It is all about the testosterone laden Monday Morning Quarterbacks.

Blondie

Not at all. People were calling it well before the run, so it's HARDLY Monday MOrning QBing.

And you may not have noticed, but the same thing happened last week, our D just happened to make the goalline stand. But we got into that situation because of playcalling that did not go for the KILL. And it happened last year vs. dallas.

When was the last time we got a first down to SEAL the game? If we're not going to make it by running without any creative play design, does it REALLY hurt to pass to guarantee the win?

A coach should recognize when his D isn't getting it done and do something like what Vermeil did last week or what Gruden did with a closer shot at the end zone today.

Archived