Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How long before Chargers hold a players-only meeting to "clear the air?"

Larry Brown #43

Beathard refused to hire Schotferbrains in SD, and fought the owners tooth and nail over it. I think time will prove him right again (It was SD's owner who wanted Leaf, as well). Even more telling - Ron Wolf refused to hire Schittenheimer, but tried unsuccessfully 3 times to hire Spurrier!!!!!:D :jump: :jump: :jump: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Marty is a guy who gets teams to 9-7 or 10-6 and the wildcard, but he isn't a guy who gets a team over the hump to a championship.

Yet he has a bearing and demeanor that bespeaks a guy who has won 3 or 4 Super Bowls and made numerous adaptations and innovations to the game :laugh:

What he is, is a guy who has taken the old George Allen style of play featuring defense and special teams and parlayed that into a 15 year career as a coach, making the playoffs but doing little there at 2-7.

What he doesn't have is Allen's charisma or leadership ability. He also doesn't have his creative mind.

A lot of things you see teams do on defense and special teams are things that Allen either innovated or was the first to use on a grand scale :)

MartyBall reached it's pinnacle in the mid-eighties.

The guy refuses to change with the times and will be out of football as a coach in three years.

Actually, I really don't mind Marty all THAT much. but after last year and with SS coming in and instilling a new era, i can't help but think, MAN, what the FOCK was that guy thinking!!! moron

Archived