Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter Manley for the HOF

jerrarde

I know he's had a hard life, and made some mistakes. I dont care, he is one of my favorites and although his career was cut short by self afflicting wounds, Dexter Manley is one of the greatest pass rushers to ever play the game. Iron Mike Tyson (Yeah, I said it. IRON MIKE.) will be in the Boxing HOF even after his up and down career. So why not Dexter?

What do you guys think?

HTTR!!! FOREVER.

Dexter deserves to be in based on his on field production. He probably won't get in because of his off the field mishaps. When he retired I think Dexter was a top five all-time sack leader. The best pure pass rusher the Skins ever had. I'll never forget when Mike Ditka said Dexter had the IQ of a grapefruit. He (Ditka) said that Dexter couldn't play the run. Chicago came out trying to run straight at Dexter and Dexter was stuffing the run. Everytime Dexter jumped up he looked over at Ditka and yelled at him. He was like keep running my way its gonna be a long day. Manley was pumped that day.

Everyone screamed and yelled that off field issues had not business being part of the deliberations when it was LT up for induction. I have heard several say the same now that it is Irvin up for induction. Based on those two, Dexter should also get his day in court. He had better numbers in fewer games than Howie Long who is already in the HoF.

Putting Dexter in the HOF is a tough call. I love the way he played, wish he and Charles Mann were sandwiching QB today, but objectively it's going to be tough. And I don't think that Irvin should go in, so......what do I do now?

root for Irvin so Dex has a chance?

How about Pete Rose? I say put him in the MLB HOF

Archived