Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor to linebacker?

PREDICTOR

Springs had the coverage for the first 20 yards. Where was Taylor for the next 40 yards? But the morons will tell you its somebody elses fault.

Well if you are calling Greg Williams a moron then so be it. Williams stated it was Springs responsibility during the Comcast post game show. Taylor is not a LB and never will be. Teams are avoiding Sean Taylor at all costs this year and they have a good reason to. If the Skins can ever create consistent pressure with the front four then his INT will come in bunches.

Regardless, this was a thought starter and an interesting topic, but then the MORONS got on here who love to hate and insult. Then the thread became nothing but an argument instead of just a simple dialogue between fans.

Why some of you are even allowed to continue is beyond me. Are you always into attacking everybody? Is this how you get your kicks? They really need to ban people who just attack at every opportunity without contributing any worthwhile dialogue.

It was Springs' fault Brown got open and the ball was caught. It was Taylor's fault it was a TD. Anyone who has played the safety position will tell you that Taylor took a bad pursuit angle. He probably misjudged Reggie Brown's speed. Anytime a post route goes for a TD the safety is at fault(unless he was blitzing or in man coverage).

Well that's one part of his game he needs to work on...it seems that his pursuit angles are becoming a recurring theme

It was Springs' fault Brown got open and the ball was caught. It was Taylor's fault it was a TD. Anyone who has played the safety position will tell you that Taylor took a bad pursuit angle. He probably misjudged Reggie Brown's speed. Anytime a post route goes for a TD the safety is at fault(unless he was blitzing or in man coverage).

how can it be Taylors fault if he was responsible for L.J. Smith who was running a corner post i believe witch took Taylor out of the play.

Is there any particular reason that Morons aren't banned from this board?

Anytime somebody starts an interesting thread, they are immediately attacked. These are the kinds of morons who probably get into bar fights next door to their trailer parks every friday night.

If the Skins moved him to linebacker, would Greg Williams bench him for freelancing to much just like Lavar? Sean is always out of position because he is undisciplined, it will take time for him to mature into his postion.

Regardless, this was a thought starter and an interesting topic, but then the MORONS got on here who love to hate and insult. Then the thread became nothing but an argument instead of just a simple dialogue between fans.

Why some of you are even allowed to continue is beyond me. Are you always into attacking everybody? Is this how you get your kicks? They really need to ban people who just attack at every opportunity without contributing any worthwhile dialogue.

It is time someone put you in your place. Why would someone post a thread stating that a player who is so young, has so much athletic ability, and is avoided by offenses at all costs because of what he brings to the position, should be moved to a position that he is unfamiliar with???????? Why would u even bring it up for discussion???? You sir, are THE MORON.

Well that's one part of his game he needs to work on...it seems that his pursuit angles are becoming a recurring theme

Maybe it has something to do to the Ankle, Knee, and Shoulder injuries hes playing with. Maybe he has lost a step and is use to being able to recover quicker than he is at the moment.

If the Skins moved him to linebacker, would Greg Williams bench him for freelancing to much just like Lavar? Sean is always out of position because he is undisciplined, it will take time for him to mature into his postion.

Yeah and Dawkins was out of position as well after Sellars ran him over.But your right

You lost credibility right here. Thomas Davis shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as Taylor...ever. He is no where near as agile or fast. Even coming out of college they said he was too slow to be a safety.

I understand we are all Skins fans so you are a little biased. But, Sean Taylor, believe it or not, is only in his second year. You act like he is already Ronnie Lott or Steve A****er. He is a very good player but he is not in the HOF yet. So, when I simply mention him in the same breath as a rookie like Davis, who hasn't even played a full season yet, you shouldn't be so quick to judge. We don't know how either of these players' careers will turn out so calm down.

PREDICTOR:

I understand the logic behind this idea - I even think it might work. However, I disagree about ST's effectiveness as a Safety. I think he is great at that position because teams avoid his side of the field as much as possible.

He is a hard hitting safety, not a coverage safety. . . and I think Williams uses him accordingly (like a LB as you said). He does get beaten in coverage a bit (we've all seen it - what happened last year in dallas stands out), but he makes up for it in hard hits. As long as we have good corners, which we do, he is a good fit for William's system at FS.

I see your point; it doesn't seem at all unreasonable. But, I wouldn't recommend overhauling a defense as effective as this one.

:2cents: RUDE PEOPLE:

(It upsets me that there is so much disrespect at the beginning of this thread. We usually have a higher level of civility than that around here. I was disappointed at the meanness of some of the posts. Its OK to disagree with a post, but don't belittle the poster. Say something senseable in response - there is no need for namecalling. If you really don't like a thread don't post in it.):2cents:

Is there any particular reason that Morons aren't banned from this board?

Anytime somebody starts an interesting thread, they are immediately attacked. These are the kinds of morons who probably get into bar fights next door to their trailer parks every friday night.

Is there any reason that you have to start the name calling & general/quasi personal attacks when people have attacked the idea of your post & not attacked you?

Is there any reason that you have to start the name calling & general/quasi personal attacks when people have attacked the idea of your post & not attacked you?

I just posted the exact sentiment. . . Great minds think alike.

I think it carries more weight coming from a senior member. Thanks for saying it. That kind of disrespect bothers me too.

how can it be Taylors fault if he was responsible for L.J. Smith who was running a corner post i believe witch took Taylor out of the play.

You SEE Taylor on the screen when the ball is caught.

You SEE Taylor chase after Brown for 30 yards.

You SEE Reggie Brown score.

Now either Reggie Brown is WAYYY faster than Taylor or Taylor took a bad pursuit angle. With 30 yds to the endzone Taylor should have cut Brown off around the 10 or 5. But he made a mistake. He is human. Stop making excuses for the guy.

The real question is what happened to Taylor as a red zone receiver?

now thats interesting. id like to see taylor lined up as a wideout in the redzone more often. he has pretty decent hands, and hes big...he can also lay a nice block :D

moving him to LB is stupid.

Archived