Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor to linebacker?

PREDICTOR

Sean Taylor is a solid hitter but he sure has a hard time covering. I wonder if the Skins have ever thought of getting a free agent safety that can actually cover receivers...and then converting to the 3-4 defense full time next season with Lavar and Sean Taylor as outside linebackers.

Marcus Washington is an excellent inside linebacker who has solid tackling skills, Marshall is proving to be a solid playmaker and tackler, McCune will be better by next year...and Cornelius Griffin is an excellent defensive end for a 3-4 system All the Skins need is to draft a huge 330 pound nose tackle and they would be perfect for that 3-4 system

Just a thought because right now Sean Taylor is big and intimidating, but really a waste at the safety position. He and Lavar could be controlling the line of scrimmage and terrorizing QB's, while a REAL safety was covering those receivers. Sean has the size and speed to be an all pro linebacker and right now I don't ever see him going to Hawaii.....just making that occasional ESPN highlight for a big hit. All pro safeties MUST be able to cover.

Anyway, its just a thought during midweek/midseason while we await Tampa.

The Eagles' TD this week

No kidding...i'm trying to figure out a pass that got caught on Taylor since the Dallas game...

PREDICTOR...i must say you have the most idiotic posts i've ever seen. Sorry to say but you are truly the most negative Redskin fan i have seen. I'm sure i've told you this already as well.

Is there any particular reason that Morons aren't banned from this board?

Anytime somebody starts an interesting thread, they are immediately attacked. These are the kinds of morons who probably get into bar fights next door to their trailer parks every friday night.

This isn't that dumb of an idea. Thomas Davis of the Carolina Panthers is a rookie safety very similar to Sean Taylor and the panthers are converting him to an OLB. Michael Boulware of Seattle was a OLB who is now a safety. So switching linebackers and safeties isn't unheard of. The question is whether that would be a good fit for our team. We do seem to have a stable of safeties right now so maybe sliding your boy ST down could work. He would be in on more plays and guys like Bowen, Prileauoiaui and Clark could hold down the safeties. A 3-4 also might be good for us because we do have excellent depth at the LB positions. I would like to see Sean Taylor get more chances to hit the quarterback and help in the run. He already plays like a LB anyway. It's less dangerous for us if ST's selling out for the big hit as a linebacker; instead of selling out for the big hit in the open field as the last line of defense as a safety. Interesting idea Predictor.

Springs had the coverage for the first 20 yards. Where was Taylor for the next 40 yards? But the morons will tell you its somebody elses fault.

No, the morons name is Gregg Williams. Springs thought he was still playing some sort of zone coverage and he dropped his coverage because he thought he had help over the top, which if he had heard the audible he would have known he didn't.

This isn't that dumb of an idea. Thomas Davis of the Carolina Panthers is a rookie safety very similar to Sean Taylor .

You lost credibility right here. Thomas Davis shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath as Taylor...ever. He is no where near as agile or fast. Even coming out of college they said he was too slow to be a safety.

Archived