Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor to linebacker?

PREDICTOR

I like to see a fair arguement, and I would like someone to point out a case in which teams attacked Taylor, so if someone can present a case, please do so. Until then, we will assume that Taylor's coverage skills have been improving this year.

Fact is, that Brown TD was not Taylor's fault. If you understand coverages, this would be completely obvious to you too. Williams himself said that they audibled out of zone and into man coverage. Springs did not hear the audible, and seemed to be playing cover 2. He remained in the flat, which he believed was his responsibility during that play. LJ Smith ran a post from his TE posistion, which was designed to take Taylor away from the play, which was aimed between the safeties, and behind the linebackers. Springs would have been there had it been man, but he stayed in zone. So the culprit here is not essentially Springs or Taylor, but a break down in communication. The fact that Taylor was anywhere near Brown after he broke is a statement on the part of Taylor's range, considering he was by the strong side sideline when Brown made the catch.

It is time someone put you in your place. Why would someone post a thread stating that a player who is so young, has so much athletic ability, and is avoided by offenses at all costs because of what he brings to the position, should be moved to a position that he is unfamiliar with???????? Why would u even bring it up for discussion???? You sir, are THE MORON.

Read the previous post about being an attacking moron who can't contribute normal thoughts without denegrating others. It applies to you.

Most of you make idiotic posts everyday...in fact there's probably only one or two good posts on here a day. I wont go any further into that though...

As for Taylor

1. It's his second year

2. We have one of the best secondary's in the league...i wonder why

3. He has already won a few games for us this yr. without picking off a pass

In a few years he will be one of the most feared Defensive backs in the game..nuff said

Plus i thought is was good payback for Dawkins fro when he suplexed Cliff Russell

It's cool. He did get run over. I was just pointing out that there was no way he was out of postion if he's getting run over. And yes I guess that is a little sweet revenge for the numerous DawkPlexs over the years to various Skins receivers. :D

I don't understand why everyone is like no no that's stupid for ST to move up a few yards and play linebacker but it it's genious for him to switch to offense and play receiver. Are you going to be open-minded or close-minded.

I think he would be a far better option at MLB than Lemar Marshall, if he were more disciplined. He could be in the mold of a Vilma in the middle. The man is supremely talented he just needs to use his head a little more. (as in brain, not spearing;) )

The only thing I worry about with ST at safety is when he dives for those big hits in the open field. So far when he has done this and missed we've had someone there to cover him but sooner or later......

If it would help the team, and it possibly could, I wouldn't mind seein ST at LB. Like I said before he already plays like a LB and we already have plenty of guys who could come in and play safety for us.

Most of you make idiotic posts everyday...in fact there's probably only one or two good posts on here a day. I wont go any further into that though...

As for Taylor

1. It's his second year

2. We have one of the best secondary's in the league...i wonder why

3. He has already won a few games for us this yr. without picking off a pass

In a few years he will be one of the most feared Defensive backs in the game..nuff said

Hey, I agree with you. Most posts are...well I won't call them idiotic, but they don't contain a lot of substance. And Sean will probably develop into a much better cover guy. This was an interesting thought starter during a midweek point.

There was NEVER a reason for some of these morons and idiots to attack me for starting it. Its a thought starter, and those morons obviously are offended when you force them to think.

Regardless, this was a thought starter and an interesting topic, but then the MORONS got on here who love to hate and insult. Then the thread became nothing but an argument instead of just a simple dialogue between fans.

Why some of you are even allowed to continue is beyond me. Are you always into attacking everybody? Is this how you get your kicks? They really need to ban people who just attack at every opportunity without contributing any worthwhile dialogue.

Maybe I owe you an apology. I have read many of your posts/threads and most of them were not what I considered "thought starters". When I read this one I felt the same way about it. Since others have considered it to be worth discussion I was probably out of line for dissing it. Sorry.

I think Taylor is very effective at his current position and should only improve with experience. I can't see why anyone would want to have him learn an entirely new position.

I don't understand why everyone is like no no that's stupid for ST to move up a few yards and play linebacker but it it's genious for him to switch to offense and play receiver. Are you going to be open-minded or close-minded.

THIS IS THE MOST INTELLIGENT POST ON THIS THREAD....and clearly defines what most of these morons are about.

Thank you.

Hey, I agree with you. Most posts are...well I won't call them idiotic, but they don't contain a lot of substance. And Sean will probably develop into a much better cover guy. This was an interesting thought starter during a midweek point.

There was NEVER a reason for some of these morons and idiots to attack me for starting it. Its a thought starter, and those morons obviously are offended when you force them to think.

If it was such a thought starter, why didn't you just ignore the critics and reply to those who actually had something intelligent to say? You're 54 years old and you've acted like a 12 year old responding to them.

I agree with the majority here, leave him at safety. I have been unimpressed with him but then again, he is only in his second year. Michael Jordan didn't win his six championships in his first 6 years, he had to develope his talent, same is true of ST. Let the man learn.

yea maybe i was a little harsh...lacking substance is what i was going for.

You're 54 years old and you've acted like a 12 year old responding to them.

I garauntee you he's not 54. You'll notice that a lot of people who are listed as 35-80 actually act and respond like they're 11-16. It's because they indeed are, and are embarrassed for some reason to list their real age.

5. Please be respectful of your fellow members.

Every registered member agrees, upon registration, not use these forums to post material or topics which are knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually graphic, physically threatening, invasive of another's privacy or otherwise in violation of any law, including stalking or otherwise harassing individual members.

Personal attacks or threats will not be tolerated. Go after the idea, not the poster. Free debate within the parameters outlined herein is welcome on these forums, and diversity of opinion lies at the heart of a good debate. Toward that end, every member is free to have their own opinion so long as it is expressed in a civil manner, is within the subject matter topic of the forum and does not otherwise violate forum rules.

Now, enough of the 'moron' comments.

Thanks.

Archived