Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Madden on XBOX360

psu2008

You are right it dos come down to games, but I am pretty confidant that PS3 will have the best games considering that PS2 has the better games of the two systems. I'm not fooling myself into thinking anything. I just have read the spec sheets on BOTH consoles and seen the videos of what both can do and I have just been more impressde with the PS3 power. Eventhough the Ps3 is working on Alpha-Dev kits and xbox360 is on Beta, the PS3 graphics and power look equal if not better then the xboxs.

Specs are meaningless here with the tech being so close together. Again, look at the current gen. The Xbox has specs that blow the PS2 out of the water. But the PS2 is the much better system overall due to games. I heard similar stuff when the Xbox was first announced and it was over a year later tech than the PS2.

And no, you havent seen what the PS3 can do. You've seen what Sony thinks they'll be able to achieve via CG (kinda like EA did with the first next gen Madden CG). There have been few playable games shown for the PS3 yet for a reason.

While I have no doubt the PS3 will be capable of some things that the X360 cannot, I see no reason at all to proclaim the X360 as not being a "next gen" machine, or totally ruling it out as a viable system while calling it an "Xblock".

This alone makes you look like a clueless "fanboy".

...given enough time, "the nerds" crack every kind of protection scheme that's made. They'll figure this one out too, maybe with a nice little mod chip. The nerds make it, the nerds break it. (copy protection that is) the whole cat n mouse cycle.

Tho that kind of protection scheme may have a lot of legal hurdles to it. Don't ask me what specifically tho, I work with computers. haha I doubt it'll happen

I have a bunch of friends in the gaming industry and they all think the XBOX 360 is the better buy because of the games and the fact that the added power of the PS3 is basically overkill that won't make a difference anytime soon.

Personally, I'll probably just wait and see. Madden does look sick though.

One thing about fanboys is they never have all the facts..... here is a little info on what Sony may do with the PS3, If this is true, then $ony is making a bad decision

SCE has secured the patent for a new disc technology that, if used, would not allow the PS3 to read used games for that platform. The technology was invented by Kutaragi himself, as well as two others

Details regarding the patent are featured here: http://www.ipdl.ncipi.go.jp/homepg.ipdl

It is indicated specifically that the technology is to prevent the use of used as well as pirated software

The technology involves actually rendering a authentication code originally encrypted on the game disk unreadable to other machines once the disk it is used

This would mean that Net-based and other such games will not be the only ones to be affected by the technology

Naturally third software developers would embrace this technology, and it would ensure sales of the inevitable "Best series" for the PS3, but used games shops would be put out of business if the PS3 were to become the primary platform in the next generation

While information regarding the patent does not specify outright that the technology will be used in the PS3, Kutaragi has gone on record saying that copy management is absolutely necessary in order to endure that no "Napsters" of the game industry create problems in the future

oh, but all xbox fan'boys' have all the facts? I am pretty sure SONY won't let this happen. They didn't become the Giant in gaming overnight and I am sure that this is minor and will be addressed. But i'll see if I can find anything on this.

I agree with you. Most people only have one console and that gives them reason to stick behind that brand name. I was just giving reasons as to why the PS3 is the better system...i wasn't trying to start anything, but actually help people see that these two systems are worlds apart and they are! See im not being an ass here. if you want to be an ass then so be it. I am not a SONY lover nor a M$ lover. For the next Gen PS3 is and will be far superior to xbox360. Like I said I have both the PS2 and Xbox systems and enjoy them both, but I won't waste my money on a company that rushed this next gen system to the market just to try and get a one up. Like i said, no innovation on M$ part. The next gen shouldn't even be here right now cause the Ps2 and xbox still have a lot of potential. If you don't know what I mean, check out the game Shadow of the Colossus. It's amazing

But anyways, get what you want, but don't cry when you find out you bought a system that is by far inferior

Oh, BTW, GO SKINS!

awww relax Kessel. we appreciate u droppin the knowledge. it's just not so much a big deal for me. i just have a deep loathing for fanboys. if u say ur not one,then i believe u. *shakes hands* httr!

...i think i'm done with this topic

Don't waste your money on the xblock180. It's not really even a next-gen system. I would wait for the PS3 or the Rev next year. With the Cell Processor and the RSX in the PS3, the Xbox180 (what it should be called) doesn't stand a chance. Can you say Dreamcast anyone?

Plus, the PS3 will have Blu-Ray HD technology in it and xbox180 will only have standard dvd playback. the future is blu-ray HD video.

And if you think the xbox180 is more powerful then the PS3, don't kid yourself and DON'T buy into M$ hype machine....

...if you want to get into a discussion on which system is more powerful and more Next-Gen I would love to discuss. or you can go here to find out the 'truth' one which console will be worth your money in the long haul. My money is on PS3 and Blu-Ray HD-DVD. http://forums.e-mpire.com/?styleid=19

ignorant thats all i have to say, yes ps3 will be the better system, but not by that much, and the revolution is gonna be the one to fail not the 360, would the 360 have all the support from third party if it wa sgoing to fail...NO, so think about this stuff before you post it........i can understand the whole blu-ray hing, and yes ms should have used that tech. but they didnt, and from all the demos ive seen in action, the system will do just fine, not as good as ps3, but good enough for second

Specs are meaningless here with the tech being so close together. Again, look at the current gen. The Xbox has specs that blow the PS2 out of the water. But the PS2 is the much better system overall due to games. I heard similar stuff when the Xbox was first announced and it was over a year later tech than the PS2.

And no, you havent seen what the PS3 can do. You've seen what Sony thinks they'll be able to achieve via CG (kinda like EA did with the first next gen Madden CG). There have been few playable games shown for the PS3 yet for a reason.

While I have no doubt the PS3 will be capable of some things that the X360 cannot, I see no reason at all to proclaim the X360 as not being a "next gen" machine, or totally ruling it out as a viable system while calling it an "Xblock".

This alone makes you look like a clueless "fanboy".

haha, the xbloxk name comes from the org. xbox. being so HUGE. sorry if I offended someone. Well would you considered innovated ideas as Next gen? Tell me what you think the 360 has done that is innovative? Sorry, the PowerPC is not innovative.... call me a fanboy if you want or clueless...i'm just stating the facts from what I have been reading up on for the past year and half on both systems.

oh, but all xbox fan'boys' have all the facts? I am pretty sure SONY won't let this happen. They didn't become the Giant in gaming overnight and I am sure that this is minor and will be addressed. But i'll see if I can find anything on this.

LOL actually I have all the systems GC, PS2, PSP, Xbox.... and i tend to play my PS2 more than my xbox ...due to GT4, Madden, GOW and a few other games. Actually I haven't touched my xbox in over a month. So to answere your comment I'm farrrrrrrrrrrrr away from being a fanboy of ANY system. I like to play the best games out and to do that I can't be a fanboy of either Sony nor M$, and especially not Nintendo..lol

LOL actually I have all the systems GC, PS2, PSP, Xbox.... and i tend to play my PS2 more than my xbox ...due to GT4, Madden, GOW and a few other games. Actually I haven't touched my xbox in over a month. So to answere your comment I'm farrrrrrrrrrrrr away from being a fanboy of ANY system. I like to play the best games out and to due that I can't be a fanboy of either Sony nor M$, and especially not Nintendo..lol

i hear that. All in all is it's a win win situation for us gamers. I don't want MS to fail or Nintendo. competition is a good thing. and chances are I will get a Rev and a 360 in a few years, but i'm just saving my money for the PS3. Blu-Ray is one of the main reasons why. But anyways, I digress...this thread has gotten way out of control...something i wasn't expecting..lol.

haha, the xbloxk name comes from the org. xbox. being so HUGE. sorry if I offended someone. Well would you considered innovated ideas as Next gen? Tell me what you think the 360 has done that is innovative? Sorry, the PowerPC is not innovative.... call me a fanboy if you want or clueless...i'm just stating the facts from what I have been reading up on for the past year and half on both systems.

Innovation means zero if the games arent there. But just to tickle your fancy a little.....

- A 3 CPU console is innovation

- All of the aspects of Xbox Live is innovation

- Shader technology of the X360 GPU is innovation

- Standard HD games is innovation

- Standard custom soundtracks is innovation

- Streaming media from your PC onto your console is innovation

But really, who cares if the games arent there.

I hate how you can't have an xbox or PS thread without it becoming a whose console is better. It sounds like a bunch of kids on the playground. . "my brother is cooler than your brother" :doh:

As for the original question stated in this thread, I will be picking up Madden for the 360. My gamertag is, bpoch, if you want to add my to your friends list go ahead.

• 2 weeks later...
*snicker* Xbox360 is NOT more powerful in the PS3. Hence the CELL processor + RSX. Are completly NEW technology pacifically developed for PS3. The Xbox360 is just 3 PowerPC chips thrown together...lol. I am not a SONY fanboy cause I have both systems and love them both. But I also know numbers and just by reading the specs of both systems, PS3 is by FAR the better of the two systems. I think forward not backwards and just from all the reading I have done on both systems, the PS3 is the future, the xbox360 is the past. One word Blu-Ray DVD. Look it up if you have NO clue what I am referring too. Did you know Madden will look even better on the PS3?, cause it will.

Here is a link for you to learn a few things:

http://psinext.e-mpire.com/

dude ur spoutin off stuff you dont know a thing about and you are citing sony propeganda. The two are about the same, but get to the same power in two completly different ways.

Archived