Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Madden on XBOX360

psu2008

anyone picking it up next week on the 17th? Let us know what you think of it. The videos and screenshots from ea's website look sick

Don't waste your money on the xblock180. It's not really even a next-gen system. I would wait for the PS3 or the Rev next year. With the Cell Processor and the RSX in the PS3, the Xbox180 (what it should be called) doesn't stand a chance. Can you say Dreamcast anyone?

Plus, the PS3 will have Blu-Ray HD technology in it and xbox180 will only have standard dvd playback. the future is blu-ray HD video.

And if you think the xbox180 is more powerful then the PS3, don't kid yourself and DON'T buy into M$ hype machine....

...if you want to get into a discussion on which system is more powerful and more Next-Gen I would love to discuss. or you can go here to find out the 'truth' one which console will be worth your money in the long haul. My money is on PS3 and Blu-Ray HD-DVD. http://forums.e-mpire.com/?styleid=19

Don't waste your money on the xblock180. It's not really even a next-gen system. I would wait for the PS3 or the Rev next year. With the Cell Processor and the RSX in the PS3, the Xbox180 (what it should be called) doesn't stand a chance. Can you say Dreamcast anyone?

Plus, the PS3 will have Blu-Ray HD technology in it and xbox180 will only have standard dvd playback. the future is blu-ray HD video.

Xbox has every game producer out there, except for Nintendo's main guy, and Sony's peeps.

The 360 is so powerful it is better than any PC out on the market right now.

So even if PS3 is better, it's not going to be leaps and bounds better.

In fact you probably won't tell the difference on most games, seeing that game makers don't want to make one game 2 different ways for 2 different systems.

Also that system is a year away. I'm not waiting. ;)

And if you think the xbox180 is more powerful then the PS3, don't kid yourself and DON'T buy into M$ hype machine....

...if you want to get into a dicussion on which system is more powerful and more Next-Gen I would love to discuss.

I agree with you. I too will be waiting for the PS3, It is the system to beat this time around and has 2x more power than the 360. Go on cnet.com and see what I mean.

You can match up specs and debate endlessly. it all comes down to the games. Tho I will say, the next Metal Gear looks simply ridiculous. Real-time CGI folks. Anyways, who cares which is "better." The competition means we all win in the end. That is.... unless you can only afford one system. Time to start convincing the wifey/girlfriend. haha

Xbox has every game producer out there, except for Nintendo's main guy, and Sony's peeps.

The 360 is so powerful it is better than any PC out on the market right now.

So even if PS3 is better, it's not going to be leaps and bounds better.

In fact you probably won't tell the difference on most games, seeing that game makers don't want to make one game 2 different ways for 2 different systems.

Also that system is a year away. I'm not waiting. ;)

They will have to make them diofferent ways because both systems are made differently. So you will def! See a difference in graphics! You cans ee the difference between PS2 and Xblock. The xblocks graphics are better and should be considering it came out a year later. What makes you think the PS3 won't be better considering it is coming out a year later? All the xbox is is a powerful PC put into a box. They take the easy way out all the time. At least SONY did some research and developed the most powerful processor ever...aka CELL.

Did you think of it this way? Standard DVD playback won't be the in thing in 2 years. Blu-Ray Technology will be the new way to play games and watch movies. Next Gen games will be so HUGE that most of the MS games will be on two or three DVD's when PS3 games will only be on one. Plus you won't be able to play your games in HD, hence making the graphics less visually beautiful. And Xbox doesn't have the same publishers as Playstation. All the xbox has is Halo, and we all know how crappy halo 2 was..lol. What other games does xbox have that can compare to Final Fantasy, GTA, GT, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Tekken, Rachet and Clank, Xenogears, Shadow of the Colossus, the list goes on and on. I'm sorry to tell you this, but the xbox180 won't be as powerful as the PS3. did you not see that the PS3 is using a CELL Processor?? There is no chip out there as powerful as the CELL and nothing in the xbox 180 comes close to the raw power of CELL.

here are the numbers for CELL:

# Each Cell processor contains 8 Synergistic Processing Units and a single 64-bit Power Architecture Unit (All are RISC designs with SIMD)

# Operates at >4GHz and capable of >256GFLOPS

# 256KB Local Storage per SPU and 512KB L2 Cache (2.5MB total)

# 128+ concurrent transactions to memory per processor

# High-speed internal element interconnect performing at 96B/cycle

# 234 million transistors

# Prototype die size of 221mm^2

# Fabricated with 90nm SOI process technology

xbox 360 is the way to go

it will be much better than the ps3 in terms of graphics and memory storage

i will not be waiting at all

have you seen madden? unbelievable

*snicker* Xbox360 is NOT more powerful in the PS3. Hence the CELL processor + RSX. Are completly NEW technology pacifically developed for PS3. The Xbox360 is just 3 PowerPC chips thrown together...lol. I am not a SONY fanboy cause I have both systems and love them both. But I also know numbers and just by reading the specs of both systems, PS3 is by FAR the better of the two systems. I think forward not backwards and just from all the reading I have done on both systems, the PS3 is the future, the xbox360 is the past. One word Blu-Ray DVD. Look it up if you have NO clue what I am referring too. Did you know Madden will look even better on the PS3?, cause it will.

Here is a link for you to learn a few things:

http://psinext.e-mpire.com/

Fixed your post for ya.

yah I have no clue what I’m talking about. Silly how fan boys will do whatever it takes to believe that their precious xbox180 is so superior to the PS3. Again, look up CELL processor and PowerPC and see for yourself which one is more powerful...lol.

Again, here is an unbiased site for you all to read up on, which explains everything about the two systems. In the end, you'll be eating crow.

Dude. You sound like a Sony PR monkey.

The PS3 SHOULD be more powerful than the X360 as it'll be later tech. But dont drink the Sony kool-aid and fool yourself into thinking the difference will be substantial.

The tech will be 6-8 months apart at best. Blu-Ray wont do much for games outside of allowing for single disc games where X360 games may be on multiple DVDs.

As already stated it'll ultimately come down to the games as the current generation (PS2, XBox) should have shown everyone.

Guest sith lord

yah I have no clue what I’m talking about. Silly how fan boys will do whatever it takes to believe that their precious xbox180 is so superior to the PS3. Again, look up CELL processor and PowerPC and see for yourself which one is more powerful...lol.

Again, here is an unbiased site for you all to read up on, which explains everything about the two systems. In the end, you'll be eating crow.

How is that an unbiased site?

If you like console games why not buy both? The xbox especially will be very chea, I am hearing they will be sold for about $300 which is how much a gallon of gas and 20 cigs costs in the UK.....

Hardware wise the 360 does suck in comparison to the PS3 and GT will only be available on the PS3 which means I will be getting me one of those as it's the only console game I play.

If you like console games why not buy both? The xbox especially will be very chea, I am hearing they will be sold for about $300 which is how much a gallon of gas and 20 cigs costs in the UK.....

Hardware wise the 360 does suck in comparison to the PS3 and GT will only be available on the PS3 which means I will be getting me one of those as it's the only console game I play.

...like i said, most fanboys can only afford one next gen system. thus the extremes they'll go to justify their purchase.

i've wasted money on video games damn near my whole life. why stop now? but just to calm kessel, "PS3 rules!!"

Dude. You sound like a Sony PR monkey.

The PS3 SHOULD be more powerful than the X360 as it'll be later tech. But dont drink the Sony kool-aid and fool yourself into thinking the difference will be substantial.

The tech will be 6-8 months apart at best. Blu-Ray wont do much for games outside of allowing for single disc games where X360 games may be on multiple DVDs.

As already stated it'll ultimately come down to the games as the current generation (PS2, XBox) should have shown everyone.

You are right it dos come down to games, but I am pretty confidant that PS3 will have the best games considering that PS2 has the better games of the two systems. I'm not fooling myself into thinking anything. I just have read the spec sheets on BOTH consoles and seen the videos of what both can do and I have just been more impressde with the PS3 power. Eventhough the Ps3 is working on Alpha-Dev kits and xbox360 is on Beta, the PS3 graphics and power look equal if not better then the xboxs.

Blu-Ray will do wonders in the long run. Being that Blu-Ray is the new tech for the future viewing of movies, the blu-ray player will be a MUST have. And we all know how expensive DVD players were when they first came out? The same will be for blu-ray players. The PS3 will have it and for a bargin! I am just looking forward not backwards and M$ hasn't given me any reason to buy their system..there is NOTHING about it that scream innovative.

http://www.gamesmediamirror.com/leech_1894_1_en.html

One thing about fanboys is they never have all the facts..... here is a little info on what Sony may do with the PS3, If this is true, then $ony is making a bad decision

SCE has secured the patent for a new disc technology that, if used, would not allow the PS3 to read used games for that platform. The technology was invented by Kutaragi himself, as well as two others

Details regarding the patent are featured here: http://www.ipdl.ncipi.go.jp/homepg.ipdl

It is indicated specifically that the technology is to prevent the use of used as well as pirated software

The technology involves actually rendering a authentication code originally encrypted on the game disk unreadable to other machines once the disk it is used

This would mean that Net-based and other such games will not be the only ones to be affected by the technology

Naturally third software developers would embrace this technology, and it would ensure sales of the inevitable "Best series" for the PS3, but used games shops would be put out of business if the PS3 were to become the primary platform in the next generation

While information regarding the patent does not specify outright that the technology will be used in the PS3, Kutaragi has gone on record saying that copy management is absolutely necessary in order to endure that no "Napsters" of the game industry create problems in the future

...like i said, most fanboys can only afford one next gen system. thus the extremes they'll go to justify their purchase.

i've wasted money on video games damn near my whole life. why stop now? but just to calm kessel, "PS3 rules!!"

I agree with you. Most people only have one console and that gives them reason to stick behind that brand name. I was just giving reasons as to why the PS3 is the better system...i wasn't trying to start anything, but actually help people see that these two systems are worlds apart and they are! See im not being an ass here. if you want to be an ass then so be it. I am not a SONY lover nor a M$ lover. For the next Gen PS3 is and will be far superior to xbox360. Like I said I have both the PS2 and Xbox systems and enjoy them both, but I won't waste my money on a company that rushed this next gen system to the market just to try and get a one up. Like i said, no innovation on M$ part. The next gen shouldn't even be here right now cause the Ps2 and xbox still have a lot of potential. If you don't know what I mean, check out the game Shadow of the Colossus. It's amazing

But anyways, get what you want, but don't cry when you find out you bought a system that is by far inferior

Oh, BTW, GO SKINS!

Archived