When will they get their dues

max1031

How many Torture threads will there be  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How many Torture threads will there be

• 0-5
    • 5-10
    • 10-15
    • Can we talk about something else, if your mind isn't changed by now, it likely won't be

After beating the team that has held the NFC East title the last fours years and greatly improving their offense this year the Skins are still not looked upon as a contender yet. When will these sportscasters and so called pros give them what they deserve. After the win you did not hear about the play of Cooley or Brunell or teh defense but instead you heard that the reason we won was that T.O. was not on the field. Coulda, woulda, shoulda we handled them on Sunday and that is all there is to it. Give credit where credit is due. They were running the east before T.O. got there so this was a big win and no one can deny that.

They are still talking about the Ravens, Jets, Patriots, and all of these teams with losing records who they felt should have made a run this year. They are forgeting about the teams like the Skins that after having a losing season are making a run this year. When will they wake up?

The Giants beat us and then went on to beat the helpless junior high school team on the west coast and now every sports talk show is pretty much handing them the NFC East Title on a silver platter. If I am correct I think there is still half a season to play and the Giants and Dallas still have to come through our house to have a chance at winning the East.

I just want to hear the national guys give some credit to improved play of this team and not be so quick to write us off.

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

I agree. Week after week, there is always somethign said to downplay the Redskins. I receive football news text messages on my phone everey day. Today I got...

"The Washington Redskins used a crucial pass interference penalty and a little luck on Sunday night to secure a 17-10 victory over the Eagles."

Next week we will hear that we only beat the Bucs because Griese wasn't playing.

:eaglesuck

not to bring up IT, but if our game against the Giants hadn't been what it was, and if we had even shown up to play, let alone win, we would have heard more playoff talk, and more 'top-of-the-NFC' talk.

need the wins to get respect, but this year is night and day compared to last year's media coverage, in a good way.

I really wouldn't worry about it I repeat the Skins do not need their approval. The coaches and the players know what type of team they are. I think also they relish the point that they are underdogs and no one is giving them credit. As long as they continue to win they are proving the so call experts wrong. After last night beatdown the Patriots took from the Colts I doubt you will hear too much more on them they were exposed banged up or not they were exposed they really been exposed all season.

I agree, I have never been more pissed off to hear the media only talk about the Eagles, you would think we were the 49ers or the texans or something. They are now talking about the Eagles and nothing else. I have only heard one single report from a major news organization that said the redskins played a good football game. Everyone else is saying that the Eagles are nothing w/o TO, but they are all also saying that they made the right move, and while this certianly deserves its own due time in the spotlight, most ppl would have you believe that all the redskins had to do was simply show up this past sunday and they won. Some reports I saw never even mentioned the Redskins at all, they mentioned that the Eagles Lost, and that TO was out, and they showed some highlights of good plays that the Eagles made and some bad ones, but nobody even dared utter the sentence, "The Redskins BEAT the Eagles". They don't mention that when Westbrook did run earlier this year he looked pretty good and got some yards, and don't give credit to the skins D for fixing their problems and not letting Westbrook beat us. No, they simply say that the only reason Westbrook didn't have a good game is that the Eagles haven't been running the ball a lot this year and they weren't used to it.

These ppl aren't gonna give the redskins any credit unless we win the SB this year, that is all there is too it. If we simply get to the playoffs then they will say we got lucky to get there, and that we might not have if not for the injuries to the Eagles, or something to that effect, or if we get to the SB and lose then they will say that we were meerly pretenders that won a few lucky games in a row and managed to get to the SB, but in the end showed that we didn't belong there....

This is the type of ppl we are dealing with. They have their favorites at the begining of the year and when they fail and someone they expected to be losers does well then they still only praise the good things that their favorites did and the bad things that the ppl that they thought were gonna be losers do.

No offense, but I just don't care what the media think of our chances. All I know is if we win 9,10, or 11 games this year, we have a great chance at making the playoffs. We have won 5. We will need 4,5, or 6 more wins.

It still a little to early to think about it, but a great place to start is by beating Tampa this weekend.

:logo:

I like being the underdog. They can give us our due after we win the SuperBowl.

I line not getting ur dues also, what have we done to deserve any respect, so we have won a few games, we have also been shut out. Why should we get any respect when we get shellacked 36-0 in a divisional game. I think the Skins play a hell of alot better when we are underdogs and not getting any respect, at this point I think it is better that we keep it that way until we do win a Super Bowl.

I just hate to see them written off so early in the season.

I was looking through the NFL website as well as ESPN and FOX Sports and there is limited talk about the Skins but more talk on the Ravens, Jets, Green Bay, Patriots, Minnesota, and of course the Eagles. All teams with losing records and, with the exception of a couple, most have no shot at making the playoffs. And every site has a poll on who will get home field advantage for the playoffs in the NFC which is a litte pre-mature anyway but they all list the Giants. I hate to say it but the Giants and Dallas have came a long way from last year but so have the Skins and to limit the talk and say they are the only ones who will make a run for the playoffs is just obsurd.

not to bring up IT, but if our game against the Giants hadn't been what it was, and if we had even shown up to play, let alone win, we would have heard more playoff talk, and more 'top-of-the-NFC' talk.

need the wins to get respect, but this year is night and day compared to last year's media coverage, in a good way.

Hard to ignore that point. A 0-36 loss to division leading Giants, makes some of that talk fair whether we like it or not. I'll add, hard to begrudge talk of a team coming off back-to-back Superbowls wins either (no matter what they do this year, but they are still winning their division).

Redskins have come a long way in a year & half, but you don't get respect in a year in half. Redskins will get their dues when they can make the playoffs. Fair enough.

***Play off watch: Redskins would currently be the 6th playoff seed.***

I really wouldn't worry about it I repeat the Skins do not need their approval. The coaches and the players know what type of team they are. I think also they relish the point that they are underdogs and no one is giving them credit. As long as they continue to win they are proving the so call experts wrong. After last night beatdown the Patriots took from the Colts I doubt you will hear too much more on them they were exposed banged up or not they were exposed they really been exposed all season.
i agree ,they didnt make one mention last night that the patriots arent the super bowl patriots with all thier injuries,no one stepped up and said'lets get real etc.etc.":eaglesuck

I just hate to see them written off so early in the season.

I was looking through the NFL website as well as ESPN and FOX Sports and there is limited talk about the Skins but more talk on the Ravens, Jets, Green Bay, Patriots, Minnesota, and of course the Eagles.

Damn you mean those teams aren't going to the playoffs? They are all doing oh so well! DAMMIT! :D

really, when will 'skins fans stop caring about the media? it doesn't matter what they think. wasn't houston a playoff contender this preseason?

last year, the seahawks had to deny admission to their bandwagon it was so full, and the chargers were one of the worst teams in history going in to the season.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

I would say we are a suspect contender but we ARE 5-3 and in the middle of a dogfight division. New York is playing the best ball right now but I don't believe they are clearly the best team. If we can go 5-3 in this next half we should be in the playoffs (division winner or not). There's something seriously wrong if we aren't. The media dissed us this past week. We BEAT the eagles and all they can report is how they LOST and "T.O" this and "T.O" that. Who gives a crap about an egotist primadonna? Waste of talent in my book. Let's give credit to those who deserve it. Not hype-just credit.

Archived