Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking: Eagles will tell TO of his fate at 2:30 PM today; presser @ 3:00 PM

goldenster95

From ESPN.com: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2216703

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reid: T.O. will not play for Eagles this season

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens will not play for the Philadelphia Eagles again this season.

Coach Andy Reid announced Monday that Owens had been suspended by the team for four games for conduct detrimental to the team, the maximum games allowed by league rules, and would not return to the team for the remainder of the season.

The four-game suspension includes Sunday night's loss to the Redskins.

Owens has informed the Eagles, according to Reid, that the players' union has said it will be filing a grievance on his behalf for this action.

Reid said in his weekly press conference that despite this week's incidents, T.O. was given every opportunity to avoid being suspended but failed to make use of them.

Reid declined to comment on the details that led to Owens' suspension.

Terrell Owens will not return to the Eagles this season.

Coach Andy Reid announced at his Monday press conference that Owens has been suspended four games for conduct detrimental to the team and will not be brought back after that suspension.

MORE TO COME

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5062222

good job by the eagles organization

they needed him to be gone, he was a cancer that was hurting the team.

I applaud them:applause:

i hope no one signs him at all because he brought on all this by himself. The eagles will fair well w/o him but wont be as productive as they were with him. They already have gone as far as they can, and there is no where but down for them now. They will not return to the superbowl again and most likely will not make the playoffs this year. they have too many problems as of now.

T.O.'S SEASON DONE WITH EAGLES

November 7, 2005

By CHRIS McPHERSON

Head coach Andy Reid announced Monday afternoon in a statement that wide receiver Terrell Owens has been suspended four games for conduct detrimental to the team and will not return to even after that suspension is over.

Yea!!!!!!!!! This means we have less of a chance on having him on an opposing team. I think it' such a waste- such talent, just that nasty attitude...

Lisa

THere is NO WAY Marty Schottenheimer is going to take a flyer on Terrell Owens. Not a chance.

I'd have to say... I'm very curious to see what coach snaps him up though. I'd love to see the league blackball him. But I'm going to lose immediate respect for any coach that would compromise the lockerroom for him.

Sadly, I'm embarrassed for Andy Reid - a coach I respect highly - first for T.O., but then for brining in Jose Cortez. Eeesh.

Archived