Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS to do Raiders/Chargers games.

LiveStrongSkins

I hate watching a game on CBS. The presentation sucks... Fox is much more clear with way better features. At first I thought maybe it was just my TV, but after going to different bars and friends houses... I realized it is the same everywhere. That god awful music heading into commercial breaks gets on my last nerve. I would rather listen to Freddy Kruger's nails on a chalkboard. Every game feels like you are watching a game from the late 80's or early 90's.

While I like the FOX broadcast better they are getting way out of hand with the graphics .

CBS does the fantasy scroll across the bottom 1/3 of the screen that takes away from the broadcast also. A good game is a good game no matter how bad the broadcasters muck it up.

I hate watching a game on CBS. The presentation sucks... Fox is much more clear with way better features. At first I thought maybe it was just my TV, but after going to different bars and friends houses... I realized it is the same everywhere. That god awful music heading into commercial breaks gets on my last nerve. I would rather listen to Freddy Kruger's nails on a chalkboard. Every game feels like you are watching a game from the late 80's or early 90's.

I agree, their announcers are lousy also. How in the hell is Phil Simms on their A-team? He is horrible. I do the same as Bubba, I usually turn the sound off on my TV and crank up 106.7 and listen to Sonny J. :notworthy

I agree, the CBS broadcasts seem to have a drearier picture, however, they do what I wish Fox would do and that is show WHO HAS POSESSION OF THE FOOTBALL when they do score updates as well as scroll game stats on the bottom of the screen. It really helps guys like me who don't have satellite TV and and live in the midwest.

I hate CBS games but we always seem to win them. We lost our only one last year(to Cincinatti)but before that it seems we win games on CBS more often than not.

The only good thing about getting it on CBS is that we won't get the Ravens game, although knowing our luck that will probably end up being on FOX.

And no I prefer FOXHD a lot more, although ESPNHD is the #1 HD station.

The broadcast picture on CBS is horrible. It looks like someone smeared vaseline on the tv screen.

The picture is very unclear.

:applause: That is EXACTLY how it looks. It takes away from the atmosphere of the game you want when you are watching at home. When flipping back and forth between the Giants game and the GB game, I remember saying man CBS really sucks.

I hate CBS games but we always seem to win them. We lost our only one last year(to Cincinatti)but before that it seems we win games on CBS more often than not.

The only good thing about getting it on CBS is that we won't get the Ravens game, although knowing our luck that will probably end up being on FOX.

And no I prefer FOXHD a lot more, although ESPNHD is the #1 HD station.

Now why did you go and have to put an end to the CBS rant. :laugh:. You are right though, we do seem to win those. I'll take the fuzzy picture if it means a Redskins win.

I prefer Fox overall to CBS but I have a couple of gripes about Fox's graphic presentation.

1. They don't put up the down and distance until right before the snap. I don't know why it bugs me but it does. 99% of the time I am aware what the situation is but I wish they would put it up there much earlier.

2. They have this little graphic display that looks like a little flash of light in the top right corner just before the snap that is accompanied by a small whooshing whistle sound that always makes me think the play's being blown dead.

I'm pretty sure CBS using a higher standard of HD than Fox does

What I find funny about CBS HD, is they never put the Ravens game in HD. At least Fox shows all their games in HD.

Not that the Ravens are a team I really want to watch anyway.

I'm pretty sure CBS using a higher standard of HD than Fox does

They do, but they only do 3 games a week in HD rather than 6 from Fox. I assume the Chargers game will be HD but the Raiders game might not be. Could be the first Skins game this year not in HD.

Archived