Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get well fast Cornelius Griffin!

GSF

This is not to take anything away from the rest of the Dline. They played hard when they were basically outmatched against the Eagles. It's not hard at all to see though that the Skins' defense just isn't the same with CGriff in there. Our whole defense starts with Griff getting push up the middle and Salavea soaking up blockers. Griffin's ability to create a push up the middle frees up our mediocre DEs to get some pressure from the edges, but without Griffin in there our front 4 can't get a whiff of opposing QBs. I'm proud of how hard they fought against the Eagles, but I really hope Griffin's injury isn't serious. Anyone know how he's progressing and if he'll be ready for the Bucs? Thanks.

I agree, we're missing Griffs presence in the middle. But I'm almost 100% positive that he'll be ready for the Bucs

man i sure hope you are right because the bucs have nothing but a running game and we need Griffs in there to stuff it..With him in there and Lavar doing his thing I believe we can stuff the run and force the Bucs to pass which should result in at least a couple of picks...

yup..we need griffin for the tampa bay game..i think he'llbe back, i think the weeks worth of rest probably did him really good. were going to face a huge test on the run D against cadillac. i as well think the bucs will keep it on the ground so hopefully our run D can play as good as we did last night

This is also a contest where it is INTEGRAL to limit our mistakes and turnovers. Tampa Bay has a very opportunistic defense that has the potential to scores TD's. If we can stop their run and cease from turning over the football, I like our chances forcing Simms to beat us with his arm.

I think the D-line played terrific last night minus Griffin. I think the gameplan was to contain McNabb.... they seemed to stay in their assignments religiously and not allow running lanes up the middle for McNabb. Sure... Daniels wiffed twice on McNabb on that one play... but for the most part I thought they did well at keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to throw it.

They were AWESOME on run defense.... stopping Westbrook within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage and making sure he couldn't bounce outside.

Archived