Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Receiving Question

rvan1

With all of the glory surrounded by Art Monk in this franchise, do you want Santana to break his Redskins' record for yards receiving in his first season as a Skin? Im saying yes cuz I think itd be a big slap in the face to all of the critics, but it just feels like a part of me wants Monk to be the everlasting standard by which other Skins receivers are judged, and the receiving crown is a part of that standard. Whats your thoughts?

Maybe it will even get some much-needed press for Art Monk. If Santana starts getting close to the record, I hope Snyder goes on an all-out media blitz full of Art Monk highlights ... maybe even bring Art Monk back for the game where Santana gets the record. If we could have Santana at the Pro Bowl reminding people about Art, I think that could raise his profile a lot with the HOF voters.

Maybe it will even get some much-needed press for Art Monk. If Santana starts getting close to the record, I hope Snyder goes on an all-out media blitz full of Art Monk highlights ... maybe even bring Art Monk back for the game where Santana gets the record. If we could have Santana at the Pro Bowl reminding people about Art, I think that could raise his profile a lot with the HOF voters.

That's not a bad idea at all, and Monk is as classy as they come, he wouldn't hold any grudges if Santana were to break his record

Its a tragedy. He should NOT be trying to break Art Monks record.

This is why I have so much respect for Wynn and Daniels. They wouldn't even think of trying to break Dexter Manleys record of 16 sacks. In fact, they have so much respect for Dexter...they have both agreed to remain a minimum of 5 yards away from the QB on each play.

Records are made to be broken some time. Why not when it can help your team the most?

Art Monk will always be a Hall of Fame Redskin in our eyes and you can never take away what he did. He broke those records once upon a time, and you can NEVER take that away from him, even if/when some one else does break them.

Archived