Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

High School Basketball Game

SeanTaylorsDefense

Courtesy of Associated Press

The Hanna High School basketball team can take some consolation: It didn't get shut out.

It did, however, lose 112-2 on Friday night to Earlsboro.

"It was embarrassing to watch," Earlsboro coach Jim Walling told The Oklahoman. "But you can't just tell your kids not to score. I've been coaching 27 years and have never been involved in something like this."

The Wildcats led 42-0 after one quarter and 73-2 at halftime. Walling pulled his starters in the second half, and game officials kept a running clock, stopping it only for free throws.

Each player on Earlsboro's 10-man boys' roster scored. Seven players finished in double figures.

Those players should quit life.

Is that for real? No way...you can't play an entire basketball game and only score 2 points...unles they were actively trying to lose. That is impossibly one-sided. Unless they have the worst basketball players on the planet...

If that is a real story...holy crap. They had to be throwing the game intentionally; there is absolutely no way in hell. Does one of Wellington Mara's grand kids go to the other school? :laugh:

I read in my ESPN Sportscentury book that a NBA game, before the shot clock, ended 18-16. That's pretty crazy. I guess the teams were just holding the ball though.

Georgia Tech once beat Cumberland 220-0 in football. Most lobsided game in football history.

Archived