Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction: Eagles have better shot this Sunday

EnFoRcEr_uPu

First of all, I am a Redskins fan, so I'm not saying Philly is going to win. ;)

But without Terrel Owens on the field and on the team, I think players, notably McNabb, will begin to losen up more and play just that much better. While I don't know about the other receivers on the team, and how they will perform, this probably looks really good for Westbrook. The Eagles only have 3 major threats on Offense(more on defense), now 1 is gone. I'm interesting in seeing how they turn their season around having started the move past Owens' wrath.

Any thoughts?

Owens on the field makes Westbrook, Lewis, Smith etc......more dangerous b/c TO usually needs double coverage. This also makes a healthy Mcnabb dangerous also, b/c that means 1 less man to spy on him.

Yes, we need to be concerned about Westbrook running, especially to the weak-side......but this means we can put Taylor/Bowen/Clark in the box more and blitz Springs more.

No, the Eagles don't have a better shot on Sunday.....especially if Reid plays the same game plan as he's done the 1st 7 games of the season.

it worries me that the Eagles now have the motivation to prove they can win without TO

maybe so ,but lets not forget that we have a little motivation ourselves. remember last week? everyone knows that Joe Gibbs and his staff give nothing short of their souls to the Redskins. this fact is not lost on our players. i am as sure as i have ever been that every single man on this team is motivated for this game.

:eaglesuck NOT IN OUR HOUSE

maybe so ,but lets not forget that we have a little motivation ourselves. remember last week? everyone knows that Joe Gibbs and his staff give nothing short of their souls to the Redskins. this fact is not lost on our players. i am as sure as i have ever been that every single man on this team is motivated for this game.

:eaglesuck NOT IN OUR HOUSE

I'll agree with that for sure. But I will also agree with the post prior to yours. Not only did we have the Cowboys ceremony(which we barely won), but the Mara passing away deal, and now TO's leaving. My bet is the Bucs(being overrated as stated in my topic HERE http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124824 ) will get handled tomorrow against Carolina, and that will be THEIR motivation for trying to crush us next week.

Between our early BYE week, our insanely tough schedule, 3 game division streak at the END of the season, AND all of this motivation for the teams we play, the skins have by FAR the toughest schedule in the NFL, hands down.(sorry for the run-on sentence, lol)

Get real. The Eagles are not a better team with TO not in the lineup. He is one of the best receivers in the NFL, period. You look at any lineup and eliminating one of the best players in the league at that position NEVER makes the team better.

Point taken, but I think the question lays not more-so on whether or not the talent of the individual will negatively affect the team...but at what point does the mental negativity completely negate that talent and turn into a bad thing for that team?

I'll agree with that for sure. But I will also agree with the post prior to yours. Not only did we have the Cowboys ceremony(which we barely won), but the Mara passing away deal, and now TO's leaving. My bet is the Bucs(being overrated as stated in my topic HERE http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124824 ) will get handled tomorrow against Carolina, and that will be THEIR motivation for trying to crush us next week.

Between our early BYE week, our insanely tough schedule, 3 game division streak at the END of the season, AND all of this motivation for the teams we play, the skins have by FAR the toughest schedule in the NFL, hands down.(sorry for the run-on sentence, lol)

agreed. but think about what you said. there is always motivation and usually a backstory of some kind, especially here in the NFC east. i guess my real point was "nothing special" about t.o. playing or not as a motivator. if the eagles are pumped to prove they can come back after a bad loss and win without their no.1 rec. how pumped are our guys to come back after a shutout and prove to their HOF coach that they can win at home?

advantage - SKINS

agreed. but think about what you said. there is always motivation and usually a backstory of some kind, especially here in the NFC east. i guess my real point was "nothing special" about t.o. playing or not as a motivator. if the eagles are pumped to prove they can come back after a bad loss and win without their no.1 rec. how pumped are our guys to come back after a shutout and prove to their HOF coach that they can win at home?

advantage - SKINS

Guess I can't really disagree with that. We'll see what happens tommorrow night! Wouldn't be suprised is the Eagles got a few cheers at the game just because of them dropping TO, lol.

Guess I can't really disagree with that. We'll see what happens tommorrow night! Wouldn't be suprised is the Eagles got a few cheers at the game just because of them dropping TO, lol.

the only cheers they will get are from the poor misguided souls that claim to be eagles fans at our stadium. i say claim because the way most of their "fans" act i wouldnt really call them true fans.

last year they went through the whole NFC palyoffs w/o TO (only 2 games it turned out) and won em both. they beat atlanta in the palyoffs w/o TO so they still have the team to beat us w/o TO. that being said i think we will come out with extra motivation as well because of the loss last weekend. i cant wait to see how we come out tomorow nite

I couldn't care less about the Eagles motivation without TO. There motivation shouldn't even come near our motivation after our a** kicking last week. We got flat out embarrassed. If we let the Eagles come in our house and outplay us we should fold up the tent. Period.

Archived