Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drama in Philly! (T. Owens Comments - Merged)

PREDICTOR

Well, T.O. has guaranteed a win now on Sunday....for the Skins, by making his latest backstabbing comments. Open mouth and put foot in.

I don't know if McNabb will play or not, but whoever plays, the fallout from T.O. and his backstabbing of McNabb as well as the management, will result in no good.

This definately falls under the catagory of waaayyyy to many distractions in one week for the Eagles. I am not believing that the Eagles can put up with this guy any longer. He will not make it through the season with this team.

I still do not understand how McNabb and he can even exist in the same locker room at this point. There just has to be a fistfight before this week ends. Bring on Sunday. God I'm loving this drama in Philly.

Well, T.O. has guaranteed a win now on Sunday....for the Skins, by making his latest backstabbing comments. Open mouth and put foot in.

I don't know if McNabb will play or not, but whoever plays, the fallout from T.O. and his backstabbing of McNabb as well as the management, will result in no good.

This definately falls under the catagory of waaayyyy to many distractions in one week for the Eagles. I am not believing that the Eagles can put up with this guy any longer. He will not make it through the season with this team.

I still do not understand how McNabb and he can even exist in the same locker room at this point. There just has to be a fistfight before this week ends. Bring on Sunday. God I'm loving this drama in Philly.

Did he actually say that? Do you have a link? What are you basing this on? I'm sure you've read the rules and know better than this, P.

Did he actually say that? Do you have a link? What are you basing this on? I'm sure you've read the rules and know better than this, P.

Have you not heard what he said?

He said he thought the Eagles would be better off with Brett Favre at QB becasue Brett is a warrior and plays hurt. He went on to say that the Eagles got back into last Sundays game before McNabb turned the ball over and killed that! He went on to say that the organization as no class because they didn't stop the game to celebrate his 100th TD catch.

This guy opened his mouth wide...and put his foot in....all of it!

Owens discusses McNabb, his own future in Philly

ESPN.com news services

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2213282

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens thinks the Eagles could be undefeated at this point in the season -- if they had Brett Favre at quarterback.

In an exclusive interview with ESPN.com contributor Graham Bensinger, the outspoken wide receiver also said injuries to Donovan McNabb have slowed the Eagles (4-3) this season.

"If Donovan wasn't hurt our record would probably be better," Owens said Thursday night.

ESPN analyst Michael Irvin recently said the Eagles would be undefeated if Favre was the starting quarterback.

Asked for his thoughts on Irvin's comment, Owens said: "That's a good assessment, I would agree with that just with what [Favre] brings to the table.

"A number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he's played with injuries. I feel like him being knowledgable about the quarterback position, I feel like we'd probably be in a better situation."

Owens returned to practice Thursday after suffering a sprained ankle in last Sunday's loss to Denver. He's listed as questionable for Philadelphia's game, but told ESPN.com, "I would say I'm closer to playing than not."

McNabb has been bothered by injuries all season. He's been hampered by a sports hernia since Week 1, and is also suffereing from a bruised chest and shin. McNabb missed his second straight practice Thursday with a rib injury and was downgraded to questionable.

Owens also hard harsh things to say about the Eagles for not publically recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch Oct. 23 at home against the Chargers.

"That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be," said Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone. "They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium."

Owens, who is unhappy with his contract, said he wants to remain in Philadelphia but doesn't think that will happen.

"I just want to be happy," he said. "If it's here then I would love to be here, if not you got to move on. & If there's a situation where they have a change of heart and come to their senses and pay me what I'm worth, then I'd be more than happy to be here.

"At this time I'm being honest with myself just trying to look toward the future and I just don't see myself really being here. It's not because I don't want to be here but I just don't foresee them doing the necessary things to keep me here."

This is just wonderful. Its like Christmas for me. The Eagles are desperate to win and need to focus. Focus now becomes an impossible mission. The rest of the week will be all about T.O....Andy Reids comments...McNabbs comments...etc.etc.

Redskins. Who cares. There's DRAMA in Philly.

Once again, for those that don't "get it".

TO did not say he guaranteed a win. I said that. I said he has guaranteed a win by creating such a distraction and by creating such dissention with his comments. There will be a media frenzy to jump on these comments for the next 48 hours. Focus on the Redskins is a thing of the past.

A fistfight in the locker room is more likely.

I'm not sure of the garauntee but he cut McNabb up bad on ESPN by saying if they had Favre they'd be 7-0. I hope you guys beat the crap out of TO and the Iggles this weekend.

not only that, but I hope we kick the crap out of the Giants when they come to Washington for that A$$ whipping.

I don't think his comments were out of line.

Let me rephrase that, I don't think those comments were out of line for TO.

And I don't think his team will think anything of them.

If anything, trying to piss off your own team and not playing would only make them try harder. So that they can say "yeah, well we won with out you, and a hurt mcnabb".

No matter how you slice it, this game is going to be tough.

They have problems.

We have problems.

TO did not say he guaranteed a win. I said that. I said he has guaranteed a win by creating such a distraction and by creating such dissention with his comments. There will be a media frenzy to jump on these comments for the next 48 hours. Focus on the Redskins is a thing of the past.

maybe you could edit it, to: "almost as good as guaranteed."

dang, i havent been tuned into ESPN this week...cant believe i missed that. i think the eagles are getting what they deserve for trying to buy a super bowl. could you imagine TO in a Pats uniform? i cant...its not about having star players, its chemistry, communication, teamwork. the eagles coaching staff is horrible. ok, maybe not horrible since they have been successfull over recent years, but defenitely overrated.

This is just wonderful. Its like Christmas for me. The Eagles are desperate to win and need to focus. Focus now becomes an impossible mission. The rest of the week will be all about T.O....Andy Reids comments...McNabbs comments...etc.etc.

Redskins. Who cares. There's DRAMA in Philly.

Uh, I was right...you're a pukes fan. That's ok...just don't advertise yourself as a Redskins fan.

Actually, no, your original post said that TO guaranteed a win......for the Skins. That's what you said. You can't take that back, because you already said it.

Uh, I was right...you're a pukes fan. That's ok...just don't advertise yourself as a Redskins fan.

TOTALLY. PreDICKtor is a total Cowboy agitator. IF you search his posts, they are 99.9% negative. And he claims that the Skins dominate his life....but yet he is totally negative about them ALL the time. :doh:

TOTALLY. PreDICKtor is a total Cowboy agitator. IF you search his posts, they are 99.9% negative. And he claims that the Skins dominate his life....but yet he is totally negative about them ALL the time. :doh:

Not to make this a PREDICTOR thread, but he said something that wasn't true...that TO guaranteed a win...and he won't correct the misleading first post.

This guy's MO is to jump in on controversial threads (he was a big LaVar hater during that spell), post a 'I bleed B&G" message, and in the next post trash Redskins management and players.

I don't mind folks having differences with the team, but one should be honest about one's allegiance...otherwise, one can only be considered a troll.

Not to make this a PREDICTOR thread, but he said something that wasn't true...that TO guaranteed a win...and he won't correct the misleading first post.

This guy's MO is to jump in on controversial threads (he was a big LaVar hater during that spell), post a 'I bleed B&G" message, and in the next post trash Redskins management and players.

I don't mind folks having differences with the team, but one should be honest about one's allegiance...otherwise, one can only be considered a troll.

It takes a troll to know a troll tr1. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It takes a troll to know a troll tr1. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Coming from you, I take that as a compliment...that is you, isn't it WB36?

Archived